Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,814 Members 44,089 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help regarding Mi3 indian ver

Tip us?

Somyab
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 76
Default Help regarding Mi3 indian ver

Hey guys from many time i am thinking to buy mi3 but i am thinking is the indian ver really realiabe for long term use as i usually dont change phone for 2 Years.also i am reading reviews regarding people getting defective piece from flipkart.and flipkart also not listening for replacement once you pay for the phone. Is it safe to buy this phone from flipkart?as i have not yet bought anything from flipkart.plz help me

Sent from my WT19i using xda premium

raghav29
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Firstly it is very reliable according to me. There's is a small chance of a manufacturing defect. Every phone has it. My HTC had it too.

Secondly the phone is no longer available on Flipkart.

Somyab
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 76
I am not talking about normal manufacturing defefts.i am talking abt big one.like call speaker not working.touch screen problem.etc.etc.we cant live with these defects.it is temporary not available.but i am sure it will be available after some time

raghav29
Old
Thanks Meter 2
That could be an issue with any phone. But most phones don't have any defect. Mine didn't have. Also I talked to the customer care guy and he told me that in case of any problem Flipkart would replace it or the service center guys would fix it without any extra charge.
Yea, maybe in a month or so it'll be available again.

D3oDex3D_AyusH
Old
Thanks Meter 49
its worth buying, go get it.... i had mine and have no defects.....:thumbup:
IF I Helped You Out, Don't type "Thanks", Just Click On .... That's Much Easy

My BLOG!!---HERE!!. You can request for new android games here.!!

jithuelad
Old
Thanks Meter 173
lol. Even if you decided to buy one now, U won't get it . Cool device mate. Just go for it. if you don't like it... sell it. ppl will die for one.
Device : MI 3/16GB/INDIAN

shhbz
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somyab View Post
Hey guys from many time i am thinking to buy mi3 but i am thinking is the indian ver really realiabe for long term use as i usually dont change phone for 2 Years.also i am reading reviews regarding people getting defective piece from flipkart.and flipkart also not listening for replacement once you pay for the phone. Is it safe to buy this phone from flipkart?as i have not yet bought anything from flipkart.plz help me

Well few defects are being reported as seem the new lot has it as I bought almost 5 phones till now gifting my brother and sis and few to xda user and till now just one reported of heating issue which was replaced in a day by flipkart after approval of return which took 2 days.

mchauhan
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Default Great Hardware.

I am using one from last two weeks and i can say hardware is greeeeat. From hardware prospective only downside is limited internal storage.
Flipcart is very safe if you buy anything from WSRetail.

However when it comes to software I really did not like MIUI (can also say hate it) . It is heavily customized fork of Andriod and not in a good way. It's stable releases are also full of bugs and useless features. MIUI forum is full of fan boys and their dev team seems like more focused on features than stability, and don't get me started on the UI of V6, which resembles IOS in so many ways
If you are a fan of rooting, Xposed and tweaking you would not like MIUI at all. You can do all this but not in normal easy way. If you are a regular/normal user then it is the device for you.

They stopped it's sale for couple of months now so you need to wait till then.

On a side note, If Varun will not come up with a fully working CM without kernel sources in next few weeks then I might think to sell mine.
Please Press Thanks If I Helped You..