Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Help regarding Mi3 indian ver

OP Somyab

31st August 2014, 02:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 76

814 posts
More
Hey guys from many time i am thinking to buy mi3 but i am thinking is the indian ver really realiabe for long term use as i usually dont change phone for 2 Years.also i am reading reviews regarding people getting defective piece from flipkart.and flipkart also not listening for replacement once you pay for the phone. Is it safe to buy this phone from flipkart?as i have not yet bought anything from flipkart.plz help me

Sent from my WT19i using xda premium
31st August 2014, 03:10 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

50 posts
Firstly it is very reliable according to me. There's is a small chance of a manufacturing defect. Every phone has it. My HTC had it too.

Secondly the phone is no longer available on Flipkart.
31st August 2014, 05:53 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 76

814 posts
More
I am not talking about normal manufacturing defefts.i am talking abt big one.like call speaker not working.touch screen problem.etc.etc.we cant live with these defects.it is temporary not available.but i am sure it will be available after some time

31st August 2014, 06:32 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 2

50 posts
That could be an issue with any phone. But most phones don't have any defect. Mine didn't have. Also I talked to the customer care guy and he told me that in case of any problem Flipkart would replace it or the service center guys would fix it without any extra charge.
Yea, maybe in a month or so it'll be available again.
31st August 2014, 09:43 PM   |  #5  
Flag surat
Thanks Meter: 49

260 posts
More
its worth buying, go get it.... i had mine and have no defects.....:thumbup:
2nd September 2014, 11:26 AM   |  #6  
Flag Kerala
Thanks Meter: 173

687 posts
More
lol. Even if you decided to buy one now, U won't get it . Cool device mate. Just go for it. if you don't like it... sell it. ppl will die for one.
4th September 2014, 01:15 AM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ Searching...
Thanks Meter: 1,052

2,900 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somyab

Hey guys from many time i am thinking to buy mi3 but i am thinking is the indian ver really realiabe for long term use as i usually dont change phone for 2 Years.also i am reading reviews regarding people getting defective piece from flipkart.and flipkart also not listening for replacement once you pay for the phone. Is it safe to buy this phone from flipkart?as i have not yet bought anything from flipkart.plz help me

Well few defects are being reported as seem the new lot has it as I bought almost 5 phones till now gifting my brother and sis and few to xda user and till now just one reported of heating issue which was replaced in a day by flipkart after approval of return which took 2 days.
4th September 2014, 03:28 PM   |  #8  
Flag Ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 36

110 posts
More
Great Hardware.
I am using one from last two weeks and i can say hardware is greeeeat. From hardware prospective only downside is limited internal storage.
Flipcart is very safe if you buy anything from WSRetail.

However when it comes to software I really did not like MIUI (can also say hate it) . It is heavily customized fork of Andriod and not in a good way. It's stable releases are also full of bugs and useless features. MIUI forum is full of fan boys and their dev team seems like more focused on features than stability, and don't get me started on the UI of V6, which resembles IOS in so many ways
If you are a fan of rooting, Xposed and tweaking you would not like MIUI at all. You can do all this but not in normal easy way. If you are a regular/normal user then it is the device for you.

They stopped it's sale for couple of months now so you need to wait till then.

On a side note, If Varun will not come up with a fully working CM without kernel sources in next few weeks then I might think to sell mine.
7th October 2014, 07:02 PM   |  #9  
Flag gurgaon
Thanks Meter: 459

743 posts
Donate to Me
More
Don't go for it now. Wait for Mi4 or xiaomi to make spares available. Check this out for more info
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2898350

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread