Post Reply

Our Trial of a Xiaomi Forum - Please Read

Yesterday, 10:07 PM   |  #101  
chris5s's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Scotland
Thanks Meter: 119
 
1,111 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelendel

To be honest this is what you get when you go for a knock off device. Mix in the fact that they are not development friendly in any way and you will get bugs. Not to mention the device was built to run in China and not the states. I have heard of issues with GPS on just about every device that was made for the China market when it was used in the states.

"When you go for a knock off device"?? What the hell does that even mean? Are we now a community of elitists that can only afford the top level devices??
And a "device that was built to run in China and not the states" Oh, boo hoo. Some of us don't actually live in the States, so suck that up. I use one of their devices in the UK, and guess what, it works perfectly on all levels, GPS, 3G, Bluetooth, etc, etc. Are we now developing devices just to suit you lot in the US? No, I didn't think so.
You are beginning to sound quite pathetic now, and clutching at straws....
Today, 12:15 AM   |  #102  
zelendel's Avatar
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Flag Watching from the Shadows
Thanks Meter: 11,163
 
14,592 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris5s

"When you go for a knock off device"?? What the hell does that even mean? Are we now a community of elitists that can only afford the top level devices??
And a "device that was built to run in China and not the states" Oh, boo hoo. Some of us don't actually live in the States, so suck that up. I use one of their devices in the UK, and guess what, it works perfectly on all levels, GPS, 3G, Bluetooth, etc, etc. Are we now developing devices just to suit you lot in the US? No, I didn't think so.
You are beginning to sound quite pathetic now, and clutching at straws....

No we are not but when a device flat out copies another and then goes out of their way to copy the OS as well then it is a knock off.

Did I mention the UK? Nope so that is not important. China based devices (usually clones or knock offs) have a history of having GPS issues when used in the states. That was plainly said.

Now I will advise you to watch your tone.
Today, 02:53 AM   |  #103  
Ulver's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 215
 
868 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
No issues with GPS here in the states. That's with both my Mi3 and Mi4.
Today, 05:01 AM   |  #104  
audahadi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dimana-mana
Thanks Meter: 1,261
 
879 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Donate to Me
More
Lets just hope OEM will move away from iShadow. The fact..now everyone knock each other even some not in direct way to attract users.
Today, 08:29 AM   |  #105  
chris5s's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Scotland
Thanks Meter: 119
 
1,111 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelendel

No we are not but when a device flat out copies another and then goes out of their way to copy the OS as well then it is a knock off.

Did I mention the UK? Nope so that is not important. China based devices (usually clones or knock offs) have a history of having GPS issues when used in the states. That was plainly said.

Now I will advise you to watch your tone.

You're better off sticking with your argument about the gpl and xiaomi's non-compliance with it, because any other argument I've seen presented here is quite pointless.
This and other forums are full of people discussing issues/problems with many different devices and platforms, in many different countries. Guess what, they fix it and move on. That has no relevance here whatsoever.
Neither has the argument that miui looks like it has somehow copied some other OS. Its plainly ridiculous.
So stick with the gpl stuff, at least that has a little credibility .
Peace.
Today, 11:07 AM   |  #106  
jackeagle's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag XDA
Thanks Meter: 1,199
 
772 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelendel

No we are not but when a device flat out copies another and then goes out of their way to copy the OS as well then it is a knock off.

Did I mention the UK? Nope so that is not important. China based devices (usually clones or knock offs) have a history of having GPS issues when used in the states. That was plainly said.

Now I will advise you to watch your tone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris5s

You're better off sticking with your argument about the gpl and xiaomi's non-compliance with it, because any other argument I've seen presented here is quite pointless.
This and other forums are full of people discussing issues/problems with many different devices and platforms, in many different countries. Guess what, they fix it and move on. That has no relevance here whatsoever.
Neither has the argument that miui looks like it has somehow copied some other OS. Its plainly ridiculous.
So stick with the gpl stuff, at least that has a little credibility .
Peace.

Please Calm down.....No one in XDA nor the community is responsible for the mess caused here Its the company which is responsible when they can release sources of mi2 device and redmi 1s why they cant release for Mi3? this indicates companies motive behind it of money .... ! if they had released the sources then no one would have told anything.... Remember this forum is a Trial Forum Thanks to Admins and Moderators fo this... @zelendel is right at his point of GPL XDA is actually very strict about GPL which is by law ...Even after it they have given a trial for mi3 and has per instruction they might pull all Rom's if mi3 sources are not released...any all points may no be pointless some might have good experience and some may have bad its all about once own perspective
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jackeagle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Mi 3 General by ThreadRank