Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,319 Members 51,265 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xiaomi Security issues.

Tip us?

pkb_always4u
Old
Thanks Meter 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaohan View Post
I don't think the phone is released in Europe yet? So if you have problem with the software,flash with your own OS build or use another phone. The government tried to push everyone using true identity in case there is any cyber crime happens. Plus, did CIA,NSA or any government agency tell you when they search through your personal data? I doubt.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app
What? Brother I am from India. To clear my situation more My banker sends me a highly secured one time password through message each time I try to access their online services. Now this MI3 is leaking (have proofs) and redirecting SMS (with one access notification which is not clear enough) its a security breach and case of international cyber crime. But in India, politicians has nothing to do with such issues, officers have "more important" things to do and Banker said me to change my mobile. So such is the case when you are in not developed country. Here even if some gets killed then police comes after all has been settled down let alone a security breach. It just and just a very "minor" or not an issue at all.

xiaohan
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkb_always4u View Post
What? Brother I am from India. To clear my situation more My banker sends me a highly secured one time password through message each time I try to access their online services. Now this MI3 is leaking (have proofs) and redirecting SMS (with one access notification which is not clear enough) its a security breach and case of international cyber crime. But in India, politicians has nothing to do with such issues, officers have "more important" things to do and Banker said me to change my mobile. So such is the case when you are in not developed country. Here even if some gets killed then police comes after all has been settled down let alone a security breach. It just and just a very "minor" or not an issue at all.
You know once you use a public service ,there is no privacy right? People can spy on you using your cellphone,not even a smart one and listend to whatever youare talking about next to your phone even it's off as long as the battery is not taken off. What does this mean to your bank's highly secured one off password for your online banking?

Just use another one if you are not happen with it. E.g. iPhone which slightly record your real time geo information since iOS7 update without telling the users and even theIR staff don't know anything about it.

Sent from my MI 3C using XDA Free mobile app

pkb_always4u
Old
Thanks Meter 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaohan View Post
You know once you use a public service ,there is no privacy right? People can spy on you using your cellphone,not even a smart one and listend to whatever youare talking about next to your phone even it's off as long as the battery is not taken off. What does this mean to your bank's highly secured one off password for your online banking?

Just use another one if you are not happen with it. E.g. iPhone which slightly record your real time geo information since iOS7 update without telling the users and even theIR staff don't know anything about it.

Sent from my MI 3C using XDA Free mobile app
Have your heard of "boiling water and frog's" story? I already said we dont raise our voice against such crimes adjust ourselves saying "ohh very minor", "doesnt affect me much" or "others do it too". Just show me that Apple's product steals your SMS and I will agree with you, if you cant then either raise your voice with me or just get boiled like a frog in adjusting.

xiaohan
Old
Thanks Meter 2
This is a technology forum, politics problem is not interested here I guess. Surely, sending sensitive data back to the server initially was suspicious,but the security issue has been patched,if you have a lot of security concern, don't use a smart phone.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to xiaohan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]