No registration required

Xiaomi Security issues.

OP zelendel

14th September 2014, 08:13 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 113

412 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaohan

I don't think the phone is released in Europe yet? So if you have problem with the software,flash with your own OS build or use another phone. The government tried to push everyone using true identity in case there is any cyber crime happens. Plus, did CIA,NSA or any government agency tell you when they search through your personal data? I doubt.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app

What? Brother I am from India. To clear my situation more My banker sends me a highly secured one time password through message each time I try to access their online services. Now this MI3 is leaking (have proofs) and redirecting SMS (with one access notification which is not clear enough) its a security breach and case of international cyber crime. But in India, politicians has nothing to do with such issues, officers have "more important" things to do and Banker said me to change my mobile. So such is the case when you are in not developed country. Here even if some gets killed then police comes after all has been settled down let alone a security breach. It just and just a very "minor" or not an issue at all.
14th September 2014, 08:33 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 3

37 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkb_always4u

What? Brother I am from India. To clear my situation more My banker sends me a highly secured one time password through message each time I try to access their online services. Now this MI3 is leaking (have proofs) and redirecting SMS (with one access notification which is not clear enough) its a security breach and case of international cyber crime. But in India, politicians has nothing to do with such issues, officers have "more important" things to do and Banker said me to change my mobile. So such is the case when you are in not developed country. Here even if some gets killed then police comes after all has been settled down let alone a security breach. It just and just a very "minor" or not an issue at all.

You know once you use a public service ,there is no privacy right? People can spy on you using your cellphone,not even a smart one and listend to whatever youare talking about next to your phone even it's off as long as the battery is not taken off. What does this mean to your bank's highly secured one off password for your online banking?

Just use another one if you are not happen with it. E.g. iPhone which slightly record your real time geo information since iOS7 update without telling the users and even theIR staff don't know anything about it.

Sent from my MI 3C using XDA Free mobile app
14th September 2014, 12:53 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 113

412 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaohan

You know once you use a public service ,there is no privacy right? People can spy on you using your cellphone,not even a smart one and listend to whatever youare talking about next to your phone even it's off as long as the battery is not taken off. What does this mean to your bank's highly secured one off password for your online banking?

Just use another one if you are not happen with it. E.g. iPhone which slightly record your real time geo information since iOS7 update without telling the users and even theIR staff don't know anything about it.

Sent from my MI 3C using XDA Free mobile app

Have your heard of "boiling water and frog's" story? I already said we dont raise our voice against such crimes adjust ourselves saying "ohh very minor", "doesnt affect me much" or "others do it too". Just show me that Apple's product steals your SMS and I will agree with you, if you cant then either raise your voice with me or just get boiled like a frog in adjusting.
14th September 2014, 08:20 PM   |  #14  

37 posts
This is a technology forum, politics problem is not interested here I guess. Surely, sending sensitive data back to the server initially was suspicious,but the security issue has been patched,if you have a lot of security concern, don't use a smart phone.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xiaohan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th October 2014, 08:18 PM   |  #15  
Flag Kochi
Thanks Meter: 8

32 posts
More
I use a Mi3 in India

Well if you're online chunks of your data is always going places you don't know. AFAIK, India too has a PRISM like setup and your calls, call logs & SMS are stored. No idea how much data is shared by companies. Seems like people believe that only in US & Europe you're data is used without your knowledge.

The US based companies came public on data collection thanks to Mr.Snowden only.

Last week a US court ordered Microsoft to disclose data in their servers in Europe.

If you're concerned about privacy don't use smartphones. Or don't use a phone at all. Safest way keep your privates stuff private. Don't save those nude pics on phone or cloud or anything connected. Use long complex passwords, encrypt.

Sent from my MI 3W using XDA Free mobile app
29th October 2014, 09:29 PM   |  #16  
OP Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Flag Watching from the Shadows
Thanks Meter: 11,570

14,948 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanvemman

I use a Mi3 in India

Well if you're online chunks of your data is always going places you don't know. AFAIK, India too has a PRISM like setup and your calls, call logs & SMS are stored. No idea how much data is shared by companies. Seems like people believe that only in US & Europe you're data is used without your knowledge.

The US based companies came public on data collection thanks to Mr.Snowden only.

Last week a US court ordered Microsoft to disclose data in their servers in Europe.

If you're concerned about privacy don't use smartphones. Or don't use a phone at all. Safest way keep your privates stuff private. Don't save those nude pics on phone or cloud or anything connected. Use long complex passwords, encrypt.

Sent from my MI 3W using XDA Free mobile app

It is known all countries do this. This issue is what these country the info goes to.
14th November 2014, 04:04 AM   |  #17  

37 posts
Hey,if you have problem, don't use it. Not posting any xiaomi product forums, I guess you don't own all the models you posted in the forum to.

I believe people come to here are not idiot. You mentioned the OS has issue you have concerns is enough, people make their own judgement and decisions.

17th November 2014, 01:43 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 2

52 posts
Been a national news for us android lovers here in Indonesia. Luckily enough, i never bought their products (quite popular here). OP, you sounds like you're really against Xiaomi, though. You ever been in something with them?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread