Ask a question

No registration required

Fast charging on MI3. Does it work?

OP reneftw

1st September 2014, 06:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 83

487 posts
Does anyone here have a 2A charger and can tell us how much MI3 will get of that current? It is said that the MI3 comes with fast charging, but I bought a 2A charger and the maximum the phone gets is 1.3A. I am curious if that is the maximum the charger will output or just the phone can't receive more.
Did the measurement using Elixir2 app from the market, the "Information" thing. The standard Xiaomi charger puts out a maximum of 1A, and the brand new charger I got a maximum of 1.2A.
2nd September 2014, 08:49 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 83

487 posts
Nobody has a 2A charger? Maybe from a Samsung phone or tablet.
2nd September 2014, 01:28 PM   |  #3  
Flag Ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 40

125 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneftw

Does anyone here have a 2A charger and can tell us how much MI3 will get of that current? It is said that the MI3 comes with fast charging, but I bought a 2A charger and the maximum the phone gets is 1.3A. I am curious if that is the maximum the charger will output or just the phone can't receive more.
Did the measurement using Elixir2 app from the market, the "Information" thing. The standard Xiaomi charger puts out a maximum of 1A, and the brand new charger I got a maximum of 1.2A.

I have 2A charger that I got with MI3 India. My phone gets 1.3 - 1.5 A while doing fast charging. I guess that's maximum it can draw.
The Following User Says Thank You to mchauhan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread