Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,312 Members 39,094 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Fast charging on MI3. Does it work?

Tip us?

reneftw
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
Default Fast charging on MI3. Does it work?

Does anyone here have a 2A charger and can tell us how much MI3 will get of that current? It is said that the MI3 comes with fast charging, but I bought a 2A charger and the maximum the phone gets is 1.3A. I am curious if that is the maximum the charger will output or just the phone can't receive more.
Did the measurement using Elixir2 app from the market, the "Information" thing. The standard Xiaomi charger puts out a maximum of 1A, and the brand new charger I got a maximum of 1.2A.

reneftw
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
Nobody has a 2A charger? Maybe from a Samsung phone or tablet.

mchauhan
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneftw View Post
Does anyone here have a 2A charger and can tell us how much MI3 will get of that current? It is said that the MI3 comes with fast charging, but I bought a 2A charger and the maximum the phone gets is 1.3A. I am curious if that is the maximum the charger will output or just the phone can't receive more.
Did the measurement using Elixir2 app from the market, the "Information" thing. The standard Xiaomi charger puts out a maximum of 1A, and the brand new charger I got a maximum of 1.2A.
I have 2A charger that I got with MI3 India. My phone gets 1.3 - 1.5 A while doing fast charging. I guess that's maximum it can draw.
Please Press Thanks If I Helped You..
The Following User Says Thank You to mchauhan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]