Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,815 Members 39,397 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MI3 MMS problem (unable to send/receive with cellular data working)

Tip us?

dtrinh11
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default MI3 MMS problem (unable to send/receive with cellular data working)

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has the same or similar problem as mine. I'm using an Mi3W (bought from China) and using it on T-Mobile network in California. Almost everything works fine (including cellular data) except MMS. I'm using my micro sim with an adapter.

A while back I was able to change the APN settings and send/receive mms with Go SMS Pro, but with me not using mms that much, either software update or phone reset lost that settings on my phone and until i realize it I can't seem to set the right APN again despite doing all the thing i remember and newly discover.

I have called customer support and research online and try (I think) everything I can. I haven't tested it with AT&T or another carrier, but since it worked before I'm a bit confused of what I should do. It's not that huge of a deal, considering Viber, whatsapp, and all the texting app out there now, but just bug me a tiny bit when I can't do such a normal function of a smartphone or having to occasionally ask that friend to resend the picture or that group to move to Viber so I can participate.

If anyone has any idea how to fix it or any suggestion I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

marka2k
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I had similar issue, I had to use CWR and format both partitions and do a total wipe then do a fresh load, my theory is an update messes with the MMS somehow and it is carried over though other updates. I am on AT&T Wireless
It's not who I am underneath but what I do that defines me.
The Following User Says Thank You to marka2k For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dtrinh11
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by marka2k View Post
I had similar issue, I had to use CWR and format both partitions and do a total wipe then do a fresh load, my theory is an update messes with the MMS somehow and it is carried over though other updates. I am on AT&T Wireless
Thank you for your suggestion. What is CWR? I search google and the forum but haven't found something makes sense, did you mean CWM? I also didn't know about 2 partitions being in the phone until recently when I follow the CM11 development thread...feel pretty dumb lol. Just to make sure i understood you right you wipe the phone completely, erasing all the data and everything right? Thanks

marka2k
Old
Thanks Meter 4
CWM - Correct sorry about that.

download to internal storage the latest stable build, format both partitions under mounts and storage, wipe cache and wipe/factory reset (to make sure) then install and test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrinh11 View Post
Thank you for your suggestion. What is CWR? I search google and the forum but haven't found something makes sense, did you mean CWM? I also didn't know about 2 partitions being in the phone until recently when I follow the CM11 development thread...feel pretty dumb lol. Just to make sure i understood you right you wipe the phone completely, erasing all the data and everything right? Thanks
It's not who I am underneath but what I do that defines me.

dtrinh11
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by marka2k View Post
CWM - Correct sorry about that.

download to internal storage the latest stable build, format both partitions under mounts and storage, wipe cache and wipe/factory reset (to make sure) then install and test.

Thank you marka, for the instruction, I'll get CWM installed and try that sometimes this week when i have time (still using stock recovery hehe).