Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

MI3 MMS problem (unable to send/receive with cellular data working)

25th August 2014, 10:04 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

23 posts
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has the same or similar problem as mine. I'm using an Mi3W (bought from China) and using it on T-Mobile network in California. Almost everything works fine (including cellular data) except MMS. I'm using my micro sim with an adapter.

A while back I was able to change the APN settings and send/receive mms with Go SMS Pro, but with me not using mms that much, either software update or phone reset lost that settings on my phone and until i realize it I can't seem to set the right APN again despite doing all the thing i remember and newly discover.

I have called customer support and research online and try (I think) everything I can. I haven't tested it with AT&T or another carrier, but since it worked before I'm a bit confused of what I should do. It's not that huge of a deal, considering Viber, whatsapp, and all the texting app out there now, but just bug me a tiny bit when I can't do such a normal function of a smartphone or having to occasionally ask that friend to resend the picture or that group to move to Viber so I can participate.

If anyone has any idea how to fix it or any suggestion I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks
26th August 2014, 05:28 PM   |  #2  
Oklahoma
Thanks Meter: 4

528 posts
I had similar issue, I had to use CWR and format both partitions and do a total wipe then do a fresh load, my theory is an update messes with the MMS somehow and it is carried over though other updates. I am on AT&T Wireless
The Following User Says Thank You to marka2k For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th August 2014, 09:29 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

23 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marka2k

I had similar issue, I had to use CWR and format both partitions and do a total wipe then do a fresh load, my theory is an update messes with the MMS somehow and it is carried over though other updates. I am on AT&T Wireless

Thank you for your suggestion. What is CWR? I search google and the forum but haven't found something makes sense, did you mean CWM? I also didn't know about 2 partitions being in the phone until recently when I follow the CM11 development thread...feel pretty dumb lol. Just to make sure i understood you right you wipe the phone completely, erasing all the data and everything right? Thanks
27th August 2014, 10:04 PM   |  #4  
Oklahoma
Thanks Meter: 4

528 posts
CWM - Correct sorry about that.

download to internal storage the latest stable build, format both partitions under mounts and storage, wipe cache and wipe/factory reset (to make sure) then install and test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrinh11

Thank you for your suggestion. What is CWR? I search google and the forum but haven't found something makes sense, did you mean CWM? I also didn't know about 2 partitions being in the phone until recently when I follow the CM11 development thread...feel pretty dumb lol. Just to make sure i understood you right you wipe the phone completely, erasing all the data and everything right? Thanks

27th August 2014, 10:41 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

23 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marka2k

CWM - Correct sorry about that.

download to internal storage the latest stable build, format both partitions under mounts and storage, wipe cache and wipe/factory reset (to make sure) then install and test.

Thank you marka, for the instruction, I'll get CWM installed and try that sometimes this week when i have time (still using stock recovery hehe).
20th September 2014, 08:17 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 20

47 posts
More
I'm having the same exact issue, same phone model and carrier. I thought the newest weekly update would fix it, but apparently not. Did you manage to fix your problem after the full wipe dtrinh?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread