[Q&A] [ROM] [Unofficial] | AOSPA 4+ | Weekly Update

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

Q&A for [ROM] [Unofficial] | AOSPA 4+ | Weekly Update

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [ROM] [Unofficial] | AOSPA 4+ | Weekly Update. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :)

akshayAXE

Aug 12, 2014
Mumbai
plus.google.com
Battery charging very slowly

I really appreciate the developer of this thread for giving us weekly updates on AOSPA :good:
The only problem i have apart from random reboots is that the battery charges very slowly and discharges real quick. :crying:
As I have observed in comparison to miui v6 is that in miui v6 the battery would charge up to 5% in just 5:30 to 6 mins, instead in this AOSPA ROM the battery takes over 10 mins to charge up to 3%. I don't know if this can be resolved or not but if it is possible to fix this in the coming updates it would be really appreciated.
PS: I am running the latest build of AOSPA i.e, pa_cancro-4.6-BETA5-20141102
Thanking the Developer for providing this awesome ROM

Last edited:

universalfox

Nov 21, 2014
MAC Address Changes On Reboot?

Every time I reboot my MAC address changes, this is very annoying for me and happens on every custom rom that I have tried on the mi3(cancro), this is quite tiresome as my dad uses MAC address filtering and it is impossible to connect to wi-fi without constantly having to change the accepted MAC addresses. If you can fix this or at least give me a tip I would be extremely grateful!! Thanks for reading, Stas Domanski.

audahadi

Oct 14, 2012
Dimana-mana
I really appreciate the developer of this thread for giving us weekly updates on AOSPA :good:
The only problem i have apart from random reboots is that the battery charges very slowly and discharges real quick. :crying:
As I have observed in comparison to miui v6 is that in miui v6 the battery would charge up to 5% in just 5:30 to 6 mins, instead in this AOSPA ROM the battery takes over 10 mins to charge up to 3%. I don't know if this can be resolved or not but if it is possible to fix this in the coming updates it would be really appreciated.
Didn't notice this as I always charge at night. About battery draining need wakelock stats for that. Average my phone can last day with no deep sleep, 4hrs SOT.
Every time I reboot my MAC address changes, this is very annoying for me and happens on every custom rom that I have tried on the mi3(cancro), this is quite tiresome as my dad uses MAC address filtering and it is impossible to connect to wi-fi without constantly having to change the accepted MAC addresses. If you can fix this or at least give me a tip I would be extremely grateful!! Thanks for reading, Stas Domanski.
I'll take a fix from Armani device if it can be use with ours. Will post a new build when ready. Hope you can report back if it work.

Reactions: universalfox

srvoleti

Sep 7, 2008
India
Didn't notice this as I always charge at night. About battery draining need wakelock stats for that. Average my phone can last day with no deep sleep, 4hrs SOT.

I'll take a fix from Armani device if it can be use with ours. Will post a new build when ready. Hope you can report back if it work.
I really appreciate if you can fix the Wifi MAC address bug, Thanks for the continued development

audahadi

Oct 14, 2012
Dimana-mana
Don't know for sure..regularly my phone full charge 3-4 hrs..even on MIUI..is it right? There a lot changes I'm doing locally in my build to test stuff.

akshayAXE

Aug 12, 2014
Mumbai
plus.google.com
Don't know for sure..regularly my phone full charge 3-4 hrs..even on MIUI..is it right? There a lot changes I'm doing locally in my build to test stuff.

in MIUI in could achieve a complete charge from 0 to 100 in less than 2hrs.
But in AOSPA it takes almost 6hrs for complete charge, so instead of putting it to charge while the os is booted, I tend to turn off the device and then charge my battery and then the charging rate matches to that in MIUI v6

This is not a hassle free process as I am unable to use my device when I put it to charge. I have to compromise between keeping my device on and faster charging rate.

Reactions: audahadi

audahadi

Oct 14, 2012
Dimana-mana
But in AOSPA it takes almost 6hrs for complete charge, so instead of putting it to charge while the os is booted, I tend to turn off the device and then charge my battery and then the charging rate matches to that in MIUI v6

This is not a hassle free process as I am unable to use my device when I put it to charge. I have to compromise between keeping my device on and faster charging rate.
This mean fastcharge thingy didn't work properly..hmmm...

audahadi

Oct 14, 2012
Dimana-mana
Uploading new build..approx ~1hrs...please confirm if MAC address stick after boot.

El-Chupacake

Jun 20, 2014
Screen flickering

The screen flickers when you hold the status bar midway and during the recent app switcher. It looks ugly.

universalfox

Nov 21, 2014
Thank you sooooooo much, just dirty flashed from AOSP and the Wi-Fi works with no problems!! :)

Sent from my MI 3W

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Uploading new build..approx ~1hrs...please confirm if MAC address stick after boot.

@audahadi What is meant by Fastcharge??
    Most new QUALCOMM base chipset/board has this (if I'm not wrong). Simple say...quick charging like OPPO Find7 has..but not as fast as that. More quickly than conventional charging.
    @audahadi the phone now only reboots during call for me...no reboots during deep sleep...i think the reboot bug is solely due to calling