Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,495 Members 37,547 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

So many ROMs. What are the differences between them?

Tip us?
 
reneftw
Old
(Last edited by reneftw; 3rd September 2014 at 08:42 AM.)
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
Posts: 455
Join Date: May 2011
Default So many ROMs. What are the differences between them?

We have lots of ROMs for now: CM, AOKP, Carbon, AICP etc.
Is there a thread here on xda that explains what are the differences between the roms?
 
RazaVakil7995
Old
#2  
RazaVakil7995's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 114
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Mumbai

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneftw View Post
We have lots of ROMs for now: CM, AOKP, Carbon, AICP etc.
Is there a thread here on xda that explains what are the differences between the roms?
They just have different features added on top of cm11. That's it
For knowing differences, have a look at features of each rom and compare. You'll get to knos the difference

Sent from my Samsung galaxy note 2


 
zelendel
Old
#3  
zelendel's Avatar
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Thanks Meter 11,128
Posts: 14,564
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Watching from the Shadows

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazaVakil7995 View Post
They just have different features added on top of cm11. That's it
For knowing differences, have a look at features of each rom and compare. You'll get to knos the difference
A bit wrong there. As DU and AICP are built off of aosp based aokp and Slim. Cm11 is very different in coding and kernels





If hard work pays off then easy work is worthless
SearchFu
Never Ask someone to do something your not willing to at least try to do yourself.
"Gotham is the work of a madman"- NunHugger Current Nexus 5-12 Nightly


The Following User Says Thank You to zelendel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
RazaVakil7995
Old
#4  
RazaVakil7995's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 114
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Mumbai

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelendel View Post
A bit wrong there. As DU and AICP are built off of aosp based aokp and Slim. Cm11 is very different in coding and kernels
Now I know.. thanks!!

Sent from my Samsung galaxy note 2


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes