No registration required

Root not working?

OP tlf55

23rd August 2014, 09:30 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 83

991 posts
More
Hi, i have a new Mi3 WCDMA lastest dev rom which i rooted via security/ permission/root.. But it seems it's not working prorpely..

With ES explorer when i enable root feature, it ask me for root right, (which is ok) then i go to mount and mount / and /system to RW

but now when i try to put a new font (for apple emoji) into /system/font, it tells me that it's read-only .. I tried with other app than ES explorer but same result ..

So my question is, is that normal ? How do i root it proprely ? Or at least how do i get Apple emoji ?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2563757 : This method didn't work as said here..

and App from playstore like Emoji changer (root) didn't work either..
23rd August 2014, 04:05 PM   |  #2  
Flag Selangor
Thanks Meter: 36

191 posts
More
have u try wsm tool?.. i use it with theme authorisation module.. then ifont install font.. if not answering your question, im sorry.. anyone here will help u..
The Following User Says Thank You to Hadi al-Haiqal For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th August 2014, 12:21 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 83

991 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadi al-Haiqal

have u try wsm tool?.. i use it with theme authorisation module.. then ifont install font.. if not answering your question, im sorry.. anyone here will help u..

Actually i don't need font installer or something like that, i just want iPhone emoji in my google keyboard but normaly to do that you have to have root then with the app "Emoji changer" or by putting the correct file in /system/fonts, you have these emoji..

seems root working fine because i installed Adaway and it working proprely, it's just that i can't change file in /system/fonts because of read-only thing..

So my question was more about is there an other way to have iPhone Emoji or did i do something wrong with my way to do it ..
24th August 2014, 12:47 AM   |  #4  
Flag Selangor
Thanks Meter: 36

191 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlf55

Actually i don't need font installer or something like that, i just want iPhone emoji in my google keyboard but normaly to do that you have to have root then with the app "Emoji changer" or by putting the correct file in /system/fonts, you have these emoji..

seems root working fine because i installed Adaway and it working proprely, it's just that i can't change file in /system/fonts because of read-only thing..

So my question was more about is there an other way to have iPhone Emoji or did i do something wrong with my way to do it ..

ja.. some will not.. i use miui v6 and install viper4android, root permission don't state it trying to get permission.. so sorry.. new member here..
25th August 2014, 06:04 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
try fastboot or wipe data\factory reset
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread