[Q] Update problem

Search This thread

bjoernjaevel

Oct 16, 2014
Hello! I got my Mi3 a few days ago and I'm having some issues. Some apps that I really need won't be installed because of compatibility issues. For that reason I wanted to root or at least update the phone, via the miui site.

However, my phone seem to be lacking some crucial elements. Such as the app called Update. I've been watching some videos on how to update the Mi3, and they use an app in the system folder called Update. And it doesn't exist on my phone. And when I enter the "about phone" in Settings and press the update button at the bottom, it just crashes to the homescreen.

I've tried the way of downloading the update file, developer rom, from the miui site, renaming it "update.zip" and putting it in the root directory, remove cache and booting from the update file. But it says the update file doesn't exist, even though I've put it where it's supposed to be.

Any suggestions? This is really bugging me.

Android version 4.3 JLS36C
MIUI version MIUI-JXDCNBD14.0

Thanks

Last edited:

bjoernjaevel

Oct 16, 2014
How do I know if it's fake? Seems real.

Downloaded CPU-Z. It does have the Snapdragon 801, Qualcomm MSM 8974. 2,27 GHz. The specs are as they should, many languages available. Market works fine. The performance is really good and smooth. It's just that it's missing update app and the tutorials for updating it won't work for me. (Watched a video showing a fake Mi3, it had the wrong cpu, fewer languages, Market didn't work, and so on)

Edit: Downloaded the Xiaomi app "anti-fake", and it confirmed that I have a genuine version, although the IMEI and Serial Number didn't exist in their sales records. Bought the phone from aliexpress, that might be why.

Everything works as it should, except for the update thingy.

Last edited:

ceriqdesign

Downloaded CPU-Z. It does have the Snapdragon 801, Qualcomm MSM 8974. 2,27 GHz. The specs are as they should, many languages available. Market works fine. The performance is really good and smooth. It's just that it's missing update app and the tutorials for updating it won't work for me. (Watched a video showing a fake Mi3, it had the wrong cpu, fewer languages, Market didn't work, and so on)

Edit: Downloaded the Xiaomi app "anti-fake", and it confirmed that I have a genuine version, although the IMEI and Serial Number didn't exist in their sales records. Bought the phone from aliexpress, that might be why.

Everything works as it should, except for the update thingy.

i just updated to MIUI - 22.0 and have rooted yesterday.. i'm updated through updater..

thebudsterboy

Aug 2, 2011
just download a stable recovery rom and flash it using Miflash.exe
Obviously make sure its the correct ROM for your phone.
i've used method 3 a few times now and it does work but it isn't the easiest method to understand. the pictures do help though.

Cyanoswamy

Dec 11, 2014
Xiaomi's hardware is so delicate that there are cases of phone's display breaking inside jeans. Should i need to say about phone anymore? To avoid such instance Use Custom ROM enabled phone with Cyanogen.

Top Liked Posts