MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

[Q] Apps force close automatically when input is required

20th August 2014, 11:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Basically everything crashes for me whenever I need to type (and the keyboard is supposed to auto-pop up). Everything except for typing on a page in the browser or text messages. I can't connect to WiFi. I recently did a factory reset on my phone for exactly that reason and it DIDN'T help and now I'm stuck without being able to connect to my Gmail account (because everything crashes) and I can literally use my phone just for calls and texts. I tried everything there is to try, or at least everything I've read on the internet.

First off, I'm a noob when it comes to using XDA and adb shell and all that stuff, I just learned about it today and decided to try it in order to fix my phone so I ran the adb shell and everything and typed the commands from an instruction I saw on your forum, but those were the ones to clear clipboard cache on a samsung phone and thus fix the keyboard crashing problem that one of the members had. That didn't work for me, I rooted my phone before that, of course, but there is no clipboard file on the Arc S (at least from what I've seen). I tried clearing cache of the keyboard apps, disabling all kinds of stuff, resetting my phone, pulling my SD stick out (because it might be in conflict with an app that I have installed on it) and it STILL doesn't work. Please. I am desperate.
21st August 2014, 01:25 AM   |  #2  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 560

1,543 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivo95

Basically everything crashes for me whenever I need to type (and the keyboard is supposed to auto-pop up). Everything except for typing on a page in the browser or text messages. I can't connect to WiFi. I recently did a factory reset on my phone for exactly that reason and it DIDN'T help and now I'm stuck without being able to connect to my Gmail account (because everything crashes) and I can literally use my phone just for calls and texts. I tried everything there is to try, or at least everything I've read on the internet.

First off, I'm a noob when it comes to using XDA and adb shell and all that stuff, I just learned about it today and decided to try it in order to fix my phone so I ran the adb shell and everything and typed the commands from an instruction I saw on your forum, but those were the ones to clear clipboard cache on a samsung phone and thus fix the keyboard crashing problem that one of the members had. That didn't work for me, I rooted my phone before that, of course, but there is no clipboard file on the Arc S (at least from what I've seen). I tried clearing cache of the keyboard apps, disabling all kinds of stuff, resetting my phone, pulling my SD stick out (because it might be in conflict with an app that I have installed on it) and it STILL doesn't work. Please. I am desperate.

Your issue should be RAM related. I had this problem on my Arc S a while back.

僕のINO2から送られてきた
22nd August 2014, 11:28 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by popthosegaskets

Your issue should be RAM related. I had this problem on my Arc S a while back.

僕のINO2から送られてきた

So then how do I fix it? I erased everything on my phone and it's still there.
23rd August 2014, 08:53 PM   |  #4  
Flag Singapore

1,543 posts
More
Quote:

So then how do I fix it? I erased everything on my phone and it's still there.

Set up zram if your phone has it. Otherwise download fauxclock and set up zram.

僕のINO2から送られてきた
24th August 2014, 11:22 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:

僕のINO2から送られてきた

When trying to install Fauxclock it gives me an error message saying I need either data connection or WiFi. My phone can't connect to WiFi because of the problem but it does have data connection. Somehow Fauxclock doesn't recognize it. What do I do?
25th August 2014, 03:36 PM   |  #6  
Flag Singapore

1,543 posts
More
Quote:

When trying to install Fauxclock it gives me an error message saying I need either data connection or WiFi. My phone can't connect to WiFi because of the problem but it does have data connection. Somehow Fauxclock doesn't recognize it. What do I do?

The app shouldn't be asking for data connection, try another website. Unfortunately I can't post links.

僕のINO2から送られてきた
27th August 2014, 01:08 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:

The app shouldn't be asking for data connection, try another website. Unfortunately I can't post links.

僕のINO2から送られてきた

Actually it doesn't detect my google license. And I can't set up a google account because of the crash problem.
Last edited by ivo95; 27th August 2014 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Mistake
28th August 2014, 10:16 AM   |  #8  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 1,379

1,273 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Actually it doesn't detect my google license. And I can't set up a google account because of the crash problem.

i think the problem is that your kexboard is faulty. not your ram management.

just a few questions: whats your rom?? have you root / CWM?? maybe i can post you other keyboard & we try if that works

OR:

if you can try to reflash stock ICS.ftf via flashtool. (will wipe ALL user data!!!)
29th August 2014, 05:01 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bejunk

i think the problem is that your kexboard is faulty. not your ram management.

just a few questions: whats your rom?? have you root / CWM?? maybe i can post you other keyboard & we try if that works

OR:

if you can try to reflash stock ICS.ftf via flashtool. (will wipe ALL user data!!!)

Well if I get what you're talking about, then yes, my phone is rooted. The rest I have no idea how to do and would appreciate assistance.
3rd September 2014, 12:21 AM   |  #10  

1 posts
Unhappy help
Quote:

僕のINO2から送られてきた

after set up zram (via fauxclock). reboot and stop in start boot, auto restart and again, again.... please help me.!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread