Extremely slow phone

Search This thread

RAM_1994

Oct 1, 2011
I have xperia arc s, and it's extremely slow. For example, I want to opet Whatsapp, and it opens 10 seconds after clicking on the icon. Same slowness is everywhere else. It's also extremely laggy, whether I do something simple or complex. Like it's using 10% of it's power. I did a factory reset, still slow. Then I've rooted it and flashed custom rom, still nothing, slowness is also here.
Is there any way to fix this? What could be the problem?

Thank you

bejunk

May 9, 2013
Berlin
I have xperia arc s, and it's extremely slow. For example, I want to opet Whatsapp, and it opens 10 seconds after clicking on the icon. Same slowness is everywhere else. It's also extremely laggy, whether I do something simple or complex. Like it's using 10% of it's power. I did a factory reset, still slow. Then I've rooted it and flashed custom rom, still nothing, slowness is also here.
Is there any way to fix this? What could be the problem?

Thank you

use legacy xperia rom as suggested above at best kitkat

RAM_1994

Oct 1, 2011
That's my secondary phone so it's just rooted, I cannot flash that ROM. But even with stock ROM, this phone should be a lot faster, my old Xperia X8 was 3 time faster!
Is it possible that the hardware is somehow damaged?

eddrowe

May 29, 2012
Stoke on Trent
That's my secondary phone so it's just rooted, I cannot flash that ROM. But even with stock ROM, this phone should be a lot faster, my old Xperia X8 was 3 time faster!

I had x8 too n was faster but was also on gb. Ics is slow n laggy. I run UHD5 on mine n it lags after a while. Unless u unlock bootloader n flash new kernel u might just have go bk to gb or deal with it.

Sent from my LT15i using xda app-developers app

Reactions: bejunk

RAM_1994

Oct 1, 2011
I understand that kitkat will works faster, but how can be possible that xperia x8 with eclair 2.1 works better than xperia arc s??

popthosegaskets

Jun 25, 2012
Singapore
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
OnePlus 8T
I understand that kitkat will works faster, but how can be possible that xperia x8 with eclair 2.1 works better than xperia arc s??

Have you ever thought that older android versions require less RAM and resources to work as compared to their newer counterparts? Even if KitKat has been optimized to work on low RAM devices, it still has many functions that require more RAM and resources. It's that simple.

僕のINO2から送られてきた

Reactions: bejunk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I had x8 too n was faster but was also on gb. Ics is slow n laggy. I run UHD5 on mine n it lags after a while. Unless u unlock bootloader n flash new kernel u might just have go bk to gb or deal with it.

Sent from my LT15i using xda app-developers app

Have you ever thought that older android versions require less RAM and resources to work as compared to their newer counterparts? Even if KitKat has been optimized to work on low RAM devices, it still has many functions that require more RAM and resources. It's that simple.

僕のINO2から送られてきた