Originally Posted by AmanNawaz
Today I am going To show You how to Get CWM based recovery whether yiu have LB/ULB (locked bootloader/unlocked bootloader) on your SONY XPERIA TIPO,,XPERIA MIRO,,XPERIA J (SS/DS).
WITHOUT UNLOCKING BOOTLOADER
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES TO YOUR PHONE ,, DEAD SD CARDS... BLAH BLAH BLAH :P
This is generally a very safe and easy procedure
WHY YOU NEED A CUSTOM RECOVERY:
On CWM RECOVERY MODE You can :--
1. You can Install roms as you want (needs unlocked bootloader)
2. You can make NANDROID BACKUP of your whole system..
3. You can Format your phone through it..
4. You can install flashable zips.
and much more...
What we need :--
1. we will need the apk of CWM INSTALLER.. (for this check downloads)
2. we must have root permission granted .
Lets Go for Downloads
Link is here :-
1. First You will need to decompress zip file of downloaded cwminstaller.zip
2. install apk normally from zip
3. After open CWM INSTALLER click on install ..
4. it will need ROOT permission ..so just grant it.
5 . DONE
Just follow these simple steps to boot on CWM:-
1. Switch off your phone.
2 . Turn on again
3, During the sony boot logo,
press volume rocker down (-)
4. You'll be taken to CWM
recovery mode ..
ENJOY NOW YOU GOT CWM RECOVERY :P