Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,193 Members 36,683 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [Correct Forum?]Some Questions About This Phone

Tip us?

Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
Man screw this phone, all it does is mess more stuff up. After installing Windows 7 JUST FOR THIS PROJECT, W7 overrides my boot sector of my HDD. So now every time I want to start another OS, I have to plug in a flash drive (thanks Microsoft. realllll helpful.) *I have a fix for this, but it's tedious*. Then after unlocking the bootloader, being the dumbass I am, read on a tutorial that you lose your DRM keys. Now I don't have them (still don't know what these do, but think it has to do something with my next issue). Final issue: Soft bricked my XE. This is the kicker. After about 4 hours of work trying to get the unlock ready, it screws my phone up. Says the process went well, go to reboot, aaaaaand bootloop. Found somewhere on these forums how to get it out of the bootloop, but the file you need 404'd. Already freakin sick of this phone and want to throw it at a wall.

Here's my post about it.

MatsPunt
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 697

DONATE TO ME
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2631456

Sent from a bad phone
The Following User Says Thank You to MatsPunt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NSDCars5
Old
Thanks Meter 388
@123386761

MatsPunt's post is what you need for your phone. For your PC, boot from the Windows disc, and when you reach the "Install Now" button, press Shift+F10 to get a command prompt, and make sure you don't have any flash drive or USB HDD (or your phone) plugged in. Now put these commands in:
Code:
bootrec /fixboot
bootrec /fixmbr
bootsect /nt60 SYS /force
And reboot. Hopefully, you're done. If not, well, nothing can go bad.

And the phone? We feel the same, buddy... we all feel the same. Well, other than the time I booted/rooted/backed up DRM/unlocked bootloader of my phone, but since that...
Insert really cool signature here...
The Following User Says Thank You to NSDCars5 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
I owe you guys a lot... NSDCars5 I'll let you test your software on my phone if you need another phone (provided it doesn't hard brick it lol), and MatsPunt... idk lol