[discussion][gamers] lag

Tip us?

shiruuu.samad
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatsPunt View Post
Going completely off-topic here, but yeah:

A calculator is needed in my math class! To trace graphics, solve huge formulas etc. It's really impossible to do this(and I classify myself not as dumb) without a calculator. Mine got stolen(grrrrrr!), and new a calculator like that costs €80. But my dad said to me he could try to do some insurance magic, so I'll see. Going on-topic(much needed ):

Moto G is indeed a beast for it's price(Google, I see what you did there), but it lacks an external sd! I know, I know, most of todays smartphones lack this, but it's a real bummer for me. I love music! I really do, and I know you don't need to have 1500 songs on your phone(yeah...), but I simply love it! Plus, when you already have purchased one of 32 GB, it's just dumb to not use it! Mine is stuffed with songs, some family guy episodes(yeah, I know...), pictures. And a buttload of themes/iconpacks. I just want to have a personal library!.

This is why I loved my S2. It was fast, could do anything, and had external sd support. I also think the S2 looks better than the S3, S4. With those phones you see immediately it's plastic crap. The S2 was plastic, but you couldn't really notice it(mine was black!). I'm really pissed mine got broken.

Ok, now the Nexus 5. I'm pretty sure that's going to be my new phone. I love the design, everything. And apparently the update to 4.4.2 extended the battery life(my only doubt), so you can easily use it a day(I'm a hardcore user, and have my screen on for 6/7 hours).

Now really on-topic(the subject was lag, not new phones):

I have to say my little E still got some power left. Using XboosT rom, Greenify, Link2SD, a few scripts(no OC for me, have some bad experience with that) I can live another few months with this phone.

I'm not trying to play the rich kid here, but I bought my S2 from my own money, and it was always blazing fast. So I didn't know what lag was, until I bought my E...

Anyway, have a nice day!
Try meenova expandable storage thing,which allow u to put sd card on a usbdrive like device and connect to charging port
Sorry for bad english

Sent from my ST26i using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

NeoTrix
Old
Thanks Meter 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDB223 View Post
Thats it. I'm fed up.
Lag (in games) has built up, even on XboosT; which was exactly the case with CM10.
So I figured, if my fate is such, let there be lag, but why not with the much more beautiful CM10 UI?

I'm switching back to CM10/Xperience JB.
And I'm not changing till CM11 is out. Period.
You tried Greenify?
Quote:
I'm not changing till CM11 is out. Period
This.
But Cm11 has dalvik run time which is supposed to provide something near a lag free environment?[I guess?]
Lag in games build up eventually in Stock ROM. I mean I use a task manager,get 240 mb after cleaning[fresh flash of Stock ROM].
Then eventually it comes down to 199mb. But I never really did face this in cm10[used it for a week or two I guess].

Quote:
Xperience JB.
You mean by TeamMex? if so,could you let us know whether you get a RIL problem?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Xperia E--------------------------------------------------------------------Moto G
Stock JB------------------------------------------------------Stock all the way.

Revontheus
Old
(Last edited by Revontheus; 11th January 2014 at 12:15 PM.)
Thanks Meter 647
@KDB223, like I said. Don't expect gaming feats from a phone like Xperia E since these devices are only entry-level or budget devices.

If you do want gaming phones consider saving up for higher tier phones, some good but cheap ones are Moto G, and LG Optimus 4X HD

Wipe cache and dalvik cache every week and always reboot phone daily

Xperia Z1 Compact/Xperia SP/Xperia J ( sold V )

NSDCars5
Old
Thanks Meter 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystogan View Post
Wipe cache and dalvik cache every week and always reboot phone daily
Have a look here: http://www.howtogeek.com/166285/myth...ed-up-your-pc/

Sure, it's about Windows and browsers, but cache is an area where Android does not work differently from other operating systems.