Good news for Xperia E

Search This thread

RSXtm

Jul 24, 2013
Verona
www.egosistema.net
Today i saw an article on Android Police http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/02/04/sony-announces-end-of-life-and-software-updates-for-the-xperia-s-xperia-ion-xperia-u-and-more/, that says that a lot of Xperia phones will not be updated. So, there are bad news and good news.
The Xperia Tipo and Miro will NOT be updated to Android 4.1/4.2/4.3/4.4, but the Xperia E and the Xperia J will be updated. This means that the Xperia E and J will be updated to Android 4.2.2/4.3/4.4 and we will have probably the new Sony 4.2.2/4.3 UI. Are you happy now?:D

Last edited:

kuugatitan98

Sep 7, 2013
How did u know that e and j get the update?

Sent from my C1505 using xda app-developers app

kuugatitan98

Sep 7, 2013
I think that we will have at least for 4.2.2 , even if now there is the Xperia L (successor of the Xperia J) and the Xperia E1 :rolleyes:

I didn't know..maybe they will make an update for us just several bug fixes..or if they pity us..maybe they will make an android version update..most people are giving up already and decided to buy a new phone is the best solution for this..

RSXtm

Jul 24, 2013
Verona
www.egosistema.net
I didn't know..maybe they will make an update for us just several bug fixes..or if they pity us..maybe they will make an android version update..most people are giving up already and decided to buy a new phone is the best solution for this..

Maybe they will make an update with full Sony 2013 experience and leave our phones with Android 4.1.2 :D

NeoTrix

May 12, 2013
Bangalore
What if the Xperia e was just neglected? If I were the writer,I'll just list devices which are quite famous and ignore xe.
But still, all we can do is hope

Sent from my C1505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

VividCleric

Dec 5, 2012
Mumbai
I don't think that Sony will release an update for our phones as per the launch of E1 and even if they do give us an update to 4.2 it will be just too show on our devices.

Sent from my Xperia E using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 04:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 AM ----------

I don't think that Sony will release an update for our phones as per the launch of E1 and even if they do give us an update to 4.2 it will be just too slow on our devices.

Sent from my Xperia E using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

KDB223

Aug 15, 2013
You never can trust these guys.
What about the Sprint HTC One, which was CONFIRMED to not get 4.4?
It received a KitKat update in 2 weeks.

sent from my Xperia E (C1504) using xda Premium
HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I WAS OF ANY HELP :D

Grimlock007

Jan 25, 2014
Cybertron
stop wasting time....instead send money to the developers whos rom you use..
sony will never update
they released E1 to replace E and i dont think they even remember J

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

You never can trust these guys.
What about the Sprint HTC One, which was CONFIRMED to not get 4.4?
It received a KitKat update in 2 weeks.

sent from my Xperia E (C1504) using xda Premium
HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I WAS OF ANY HELP :D
HTC explorer with 600mhz got unofficial 4.3 rom ,htc people don't even care about updates & they even get fully optimized stock rom
Whereas Sony dosent even know they released phones like J,E with crap software ,But when they finally care to update ,its the same version with bug fixing

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You disheartened me Bro :-/ :'(

You do know that he does this for free, has no compulsion, and even he does build a fully working build, he's not required to share it with you? And that you can download the CM11 source yourself and do everything, if you want CM11 so much?

Come on; by saying this, you're saying that he was supposed to make CM11 for you. That's like going to a "free lemonade" stall, seeing that their lemonade isn't available at the time, then saying, "I expected better of you."

Sorry if you find this a bit rude; didn't mean to offend you or anything, I apologize if I did.
    You do know that he does this for free, has no compulsion, and even he does build a fully working build, he's not required to share it with you? And that you can download the CM11 source yourself and do everything, if you want CM11 so much?

Come on; by saying this, you're saying that he was supposed to make CM11 for you. That's like going to a "free lemonade" stall, seeing that their lemonade isn't available at the time, then saying, "I expected better of you."

Sorry if you find this a bit rude; didn't mean to offend you or anything, I apologize if I did.
    I meant it in a funny way. XD not that I really pushed him or something.
    Yea. No offence taken. And sorry.