Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,543 Members 38,031 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

{J/Miro/Tipo/E}[Spam&Rage] - CyanogenMod 11

Tip us?

lozohcum
Old
(Last edited by lozohcum; 7th April 2014 at 11:45 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1275
Default {J/Miro/Tipo/E}[Spam&Rage] - CyanogenMod 11

This is place to talk about, spam and complain about CyanogenMod11 for Tamsui Devices J, Miro, Tipo, E.

Enjoy the chaos.
I don't reply PM if the answer is on the forum.

Development Devices
Sony Xperia J (jlo)

CyanogenMod 11 for Low-end Sony Xperia 2012 (Tamsui) devices
tamsuicm11.github.io
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to lozohcum For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

saimanso
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Question Official release

Hi, Sorry first as I am not sure whether I should post here. May I ask whether the unoffical cm11 will put into official release page when it became stablized? I am planning to upgrade the xperia j but I ain't not a tester. So I prefer to upgrade to something more stable. Please advise.
Provided I should not post here. Please advise where I should ask these questions? Thanks.

MarckozZ
Old
(Last edited by MarckozZ; 8th April 2014 at 02:12 PM.)
Thanks Meter 96
Let's start the chaos complaining about GSM bug!! I hate it! but still I love CM11.. So.. I'm using it as a daily driver. Until now it is good.. I've played some games and it didn't hung up... the only thing is that I tryed to use AnTuTu to see a nice benchmark but the app crashes when it has to perform the GPU test with all the nice renders and all that stuff.. so it was an incomplete test that gave 2900 points or something like that.. it didn't finished the test but gave the points anyway..

And another thing. the ROM has a lot of "blue holo" things.. why is that so? volume sliders, selectors, even the sign that tells "android is upgrading" and "turning off..." are dark grey and blue like in JB.. I thought this would be all in grey like kit kat should be.. but anyway.. great ROM!

abstrkt1337
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarckozZ View Post
Let's start the chaos complaining about GSM bug!! I hate it! but still I love CM11.. So.. I'm using it as a daily driver. Until now it is good.. I've played some games and it didn't hung up... the only thing is that I tryed to use AnTuTu to see a nice benchmark but the app crashes when it has to perform the GPU test with all the nice renders and all that stuff.. so it was an incomplete test that gave 2900 points or something like that.. it didn't finished the test but gave the points anyway..

And another thing. the ROM has a lot of "blue holo" things.. why is that so? volume sliders, selectors, even the sign that tells "android is upgrading" and "turning off..." are dark grey and blue like in JB.. I thought this would be all in grey like kit kat should be.. but anyway.. great ROM!
I didn't noticed GSM bug. Can you tell me the games you tested ?

Sent from my Xperia Tipo using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to abstrkt1337 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NSDCars5
Old
Thanks Meter 388
Gaming in the ROM is like gaming in stock JB - not fun.

Also, ROM has some noticeable lag; it's not snappy as CM10.

WiFi is also prone to randomly disconnecting - very crappy behavior.

The above was a straightforward, forget-that-they-don't-have-to-do-it-for-us approach of mine on CM11. Guess I'm done here.
Insert really cool signature here...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NSDCars5 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lozohcum
Old
(Last edited by lozohcum; 9th April 2014 at 11:25 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1275
It would be nice to know which devices you are talking about. Just put (J) or (E) etc
I have no idea what people could expect from alpha CM11... KitKat has never been designed for our devices. There is no doubt that it won't work as good as CM10 or stock.

Everyone talk about gammin experiene... people did you lost your minds? 1Ghz + 512ram and gamming?
Why can't you just use your PC to play games like normal people do? lol
I don't reply PM if the answer is on the forum.

Development Devices
Sony Xperia J (jlo)

CyanogenMod 11 for Low-end Sony Xperia 2012 (Tamsui) devices
tamsuicm11.github.io

abstrkt1337
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by lozohcum View Post
It would be nice to know which devices you are talking about. Just put (J) or (E) etc
I have no idea what people could expect from alpha CM11... KitKat has never been designed for our devices. There is no doubt that it won't work as good as CM10 or stock.

Everyone talk about gammin experiene... people did you lost your minds? 1Ghz + 512ram and gamming?
I'm on the Tipo Build. I'm playing small game only. But most of time i send SMS and listening music. But sometime i play game like Modern Combat 2 or other when i doesn't have my computer

Sent from my Xperia Tipo using xda app-developers app

MarckozZ
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Quote:
Don't ask me.. just see my signature and avatar and you'll guess which device I'm talking about..

And hey, I think you should update CM11's thread, it still says "waiting for tipo build" in download section..

Thanks for your hard work!!

Grimlock007
Old
Thanks Meter 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSDCars5 View Post
Gaming in the ROM is like gaming in stock JB - not fun.

Also, ROM has some noticeable lag; it's not snappy as CM10.

WiFi is also prone to randomly disconnecting - very crappy behavior.

The above was a straightforward, forget-that-they-don't-have-to-do-it-for-us approach of mine on CM11. Guess I'm done here.
turn all the animation scales to 0.5x ....animation happens so fast that you dont see the lag...dosen't feel good though
turn on force gpu rendering ....not much difference ....but useful

i havent installed many apps ....but it handles ram well .....am i right? though performance is yet to be UNLOCKED !...

ART uses full phone memory(apps size increase 3fold ...33mb cache of an turned ~100mb after ART'ing) and some apps dont work... no difference between art and dalvik (which is noticable)

NSDCars5
Old
Thanks Meter 388
Quote:
Xperia E. I don't game on my laptop cause you don't game on a machine that overheats on the mention of games. The last time it overheated was when I was playing an old favorite of mine - Midtown Madness 2. That's what happens when you look for a quad core the price of an i3....
Quote:
So what's this "minds" thing you talk of? Never heard of it.

Quote:
KitKat hasn't been designed for our devices, eh? Well, Jelly Bean hasn't been designed for Tipo and Miro. I'm pretty sure CM10 runs awesome on them - better than the E even, which shipped with JB.

And if it weren't designed for it, it wouldn't work on it. :P

Here you go, ladies and gentlemen! A point by point rebuttal to lozohcum, presented to you by yours truly, NSDCars5!

@Grimlock007 Tell me new stuff, I've already done all that.
Insert really cool signature here...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NSDCars5 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]