{J/Miro/Tipo/E}[Spam&Rage] - CyanogenMod 11

OP lozohcum

7th April 2014, 12:43 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Internety
Thanks Meter: 1,536

1,694 posts
More

This is place to talk about, spam and complain about CyanogenMod11 for Tamsui Devices J, Miro, Tipo, E.

Enjoy the chaos.
Last edited by lozohcum; 7th April 2014 at 12:45 PM.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to lozohcum For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th April 2014, 07:18 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Question Official release
Hi, Sorry first as I am not sure whether I should post here. May I ask whether the unoffical cm11 will put into official release page when it became stablized? I am planning to upgrade the xperia j but I ain't not a tester. So I prefer to upgrade to something more stable. Please advise.
Provided I should not post here. Please advise where I should ask these questions? Thanks.
8th April 2014, 02:58 PM   |  #3  
Flag Here & Now
Thanks Meter: 331

580 posts
More
Angry
Let's start the chaos complaining about GSM bug!! I hate it! but still I love CM11.. So.. I'm using it as a daily driver. Until now it is good.. I've played some games and it didn't hung up... the only thing is that I tryed to use AnTuTu to see a nice benchmark but the app crashes when it has to perform the GPU test with all the nice renders and all that stuff.. so it was an incomplete test that gave 2900 points or something like that.. it didn't finished the test but gave the points anyway..

And another thing. the ROM has a lot of "blue holo" things.. why is that so? volume sliders, selectors, even the sign that tells "android is upgrading" and "turning off..." are dark grey and blue like in JB.. I thought this would be all in grey like kit kat should be.. but anyway.. great ROM!
Last edited by MarckozZ; 8th April 2014 at 03:12 PM.
8th April 2014, 05:32 PM   |  #4  
Flag Somewhere in France
Thanks Meter: 45

258 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarckozZ

Let's start the chaos complaining about GSM bug!! I hate it! but still I love CM11.. So.. I'm using it as a daily driver. Until now it is good.. I've played some games and it didn't hung up... the only thing is that I tryed to use AnTuTu to see a nice benchmark but the app crashes when it has to perform the GPU test with all the nice renders and all that stuff.. so it was an incomplete test that gave 2900 points or something like that.. it didn't finished the test but gave the points anyway..

And another thing. the ROM has a lot of "blue holo" things.. why is that so? volume sliders, selectors, even the sign that tells "android is upgrading" and "turning off..." are dark grey and blue like in JB.. I thought this would be all in grey like kit kat should be.. but anyway.. great ROM!

I didn't noticed GSM bug. Can you tell me the games you tested ?

Sent from my Xperia Tipo using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to abstrkt1337 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th April 2014, 05:48 PM   |  #5  
Flag Over there
Thanks Meter: 425

1,106 posts
More
Gaming in the ROM is like gaming in stock JB - not fun.

Also, ROM has some noticeable lag; it's not snappy as CM10.

WiFi is also prone to randomly disconnecting - very crappy behavior.

The above was a straightforward, forget-that-they-don't-have-to-do-it-for-us approach of mine on CM11. Guess I'm done here.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NSDCars5 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th April 2014, 12:22 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Internety
Thanks Meter: 1,536

1,694 posts
More
It would be nice to know which devices you are talking about. Just put (J) or (E) etc
I have no idea what people could expect from alpha CM11... KitKat has never been designed for our devices. There is no doubt that it won't work as good as CM10 or stock.

Everyone talk about gammin experiene... people did you lost your minds? 1Ghz + 512ram and gamming?
Why can't you just use your PC to play games like normal people do? lol
Last edited by lozohcum; 9th April 2014 at 12:25 PM.
9th April 2014, 12:45 PM   |  #7  
Flag Somewhere in France
Thanks Meter: 45

258 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lozohcum

It would be nice to know which devices you are talking about. Just put (J) or (E) etc
I have no idea what people could expect from alpha CM11... KitKat has never been designed for our devices. There is no doubt that it won't work as good as CM10 or stock.

Everyone talk about gammin experiene... people did you lost your minds? 1Ghz + 512ram and gamming?

I'm on the Tipo Build. I'm playing small game only. But most of time i send SMS and listening music. But sometime i play game like Modern Combat 2 or other when i doesn't have my computer

Sent from my Xperia Tipo using xda app-developers app
9th April 2014, 12:46 PM   |  #8  
Flag Here & Now
Thanks Meter: 331

580 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:

Don't ask me.. just see my signature and avatar and you'll guess which device I'm talking about..

And hey, I think you should update CM11's thread, it still says "waiting for tipo build" in download section..

Thanks for your hard work!!
9th April 2014, 03:41 PM   |  #9  
Flag Cybertron
Thanks Meter: 188

810 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSDCars5

Gaming in the ROM is like gaming in stock JB - not fun.

Also, ROM has some noticeable lag; it's not snappy as CM10.

WiFi is also prone to randomly disconnecting - very crappy behavior.

The above was a straightforward, forget-that-they-don't-have-to-do-it-for-us approach of mine on CM11. Guess I'm done here.

turn all the animation scales to 0.5x ....animation happens so fast that you dont see the lag...dosen't feel good though
turn on force gpu rendering ....not much difference ....but useful

i havent installed many apps ....but it handles ram well .....am i right? though performance is yet to be UNLOCKED !...

ART uses full phone memory(apps size increase 3fold ...33mb cache of an turned ~100mb after ART'ing) and some apps dont work... no difference between art and dalvik (which is noticable)
9th April 2014, 03:50 PM   |  #10  
Flag Over there
Thanks Meter: 425

1,106 posts
More
Quote:

Xperia E. I don't game on my laptop cause you don't game on a machine that overheats on the mention of games. The last time it overheated was when I was playing an old favorite of mine - Midtown Madness 2. That's what happens when you look for a quad core the price of an i3....
Quote:

So what's this "minds" thing you talk of? Never heard of it.

Quote:

KitKat hasn't been designed for our devices, eh? Well, Jelly Bean hasn't been designed for Tipo and Miro. I'm pretty sure CM10 runs awesome on them - better than the E even, which shipped with JB.

And if it weren't designed for it, it wouldn't work on it. :P

Here you go, ladies and gentlemen! A point by point rebuttal to lozohcum, presented to you by yours truly, NSDCars5!

@Grimlock007 Tell me new stuff, I've already done all that.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NSDCars5 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread