Originally Posted by MatsPunt
I own an Xperia E. Finishing my stock based ROM at the moment, but don't hesitate to ask me anything via PM. I'm also willing to test anything.
Q: Did doomlord's toolchain work for CWM? If not, I think I know a way to implement CWM, but if it worked, it would make no sense for me to work on it.
Wish you all the luck in the world!
The Kernel Compiled Fine and CWM Works Fine but the Kernel wont boot Android.
Could you do this, I think TWRP Might be easier. I have found theese instructions that might work:
A boot.img consists of the kernel image and the ramdisk (additionally and optionally RPM.bin and commandline). If you want to use TWRP for some other kernel, you have to do this
1. decompile this boot.img (for 2011 models it's a true boot.img, for 2012 models, it's actually a kernel.elf file renamed to boot.img, so you have to decompile accourdingly. you can use my kernel kitchen to do the same)
2. replace the kernel zImage with the one from the kernel you want to port to
3. replace /sbin/ramdisk.cpio with the "UNCOMPRESSED" ramdisk of the kernel you want to port this to. (usually ramdisk is compressed with gzip i.e. ramdisk.cpio.gz. you need to uncompressed ramdisk image i.e. ramdisk.cpio)
4. do not touch anyother thing
5. pack it up into a boot.img (for 2011) or kernel.elf (for 2012) and fastboot it
Please can you give it a go.
Sony Xperia E (C1505)
Bootloader Status: Yes
ROM: Cyanogen Mod 11 (4.4.2)