5,601,223 Members 54,454 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sony Xperia J (ST26i) possibly bricked. Urgent help needed.

Tip us?

DeathMetal-XXVII
Old
(Last edited by DeathMetal-XXVII; 26th December 2013 at 12:35 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Sony Xperia J (ST26i) possibly bricked. Urgent help needed.

Hi,

I had been trying to fix the touchscreen calibration problem on my sister's Xperia J (TIM branded) by flashing another ROM/Firmware.

I flashed "st26i_11.2.A.0.31 Kernel By Gavster26@XDA_Central Europe.ftf" using flashtool by mistake before I installed Clockworkmod itself. I copied the Darkmoon AVD ROM (Ref : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2309415) to the external card . I booted into Clockworkmod and took a backup of the stock ROM, then as I checked to see if I could see the ROM in the "install zip from sdcard" option, I could not find it since it was reading the internal storage instead of the external sd card. Then I rebooted the phone to check if I could transfer the ROM to internal storage but now I am unable to boot up the phone and nothing happens. The screen remains blank (though the backlight is visible).

I need urgent help to fix this. Please help.

PS : Bootloader unlocked.

PPS : Probably wrong thread. Mods please move if needed

burszuras
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathMetal-XXVII View Post
Hi,

I had been trying to fix the touchscreen calibration problem on my sister's Xperia J (TIM branded) by flashing another ROM/Firmware.

I flashed "st26i_11.2.A.0.31 Kernel By Gavster26@XDA_Central Europe.ftf" using flashtool by mistake before I installed Clockworkmod itself. I copied the AVD ROM (Ref : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2309415) to the external card . I booted into Clockworkmod and took a backup of the stock ROM, then as I checked to see if I could see the ROM in the "install zip from sdcard" option, I could not find it since it was reading the internal storage instead of the external sd card. Then I rebooted the phone to check if I could transfer the ROM to internal storage but now I am unable to boot up the phone and nothing happens. The screen remains blank (though the backlight is visible).

I need urgent help to fix this. Please help.
You got bootloop, simply there is no rom to boot, what is more kernels with CWM are from CM which is not compatible with stock rom. Try to flash 11.2.A.0.31.ftf clean using flashtool, there might be need to remove battery to avoid booting and again get bootloop.
P.S I did even worse thing when I starting to play with android (I've flashed kernel from Arc S)
The Following User Says Thank You to burszuras For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DeathMetal-XXVII
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I feel dumb. But I flashed the kernel.sin from http://www.4shared.com/folder/25Mb7Dws/Xperia_J.html and it booted normally.