XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xperia E1

Tip us?

XPeRIAeUSeR
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Xperia E1

Hey Guys. This section from my understanding was made for the more lower end devices at much cheaper prices with still capabilities of mid-range/high end performances. Well, what about the upcoming Xperia E1?
It should be in here because:
1) It is the follow on from the current Xperia E in this section.
2) It is affordable and mid-range, like the devices in this sections.
3)Specs are decent (Dual Core 1.2 Ghz, Android 4.3, only 512MB of RAM) and so can be improved (RAM Swapfiles/Increasers, CM11 or Android 4.4.2, Maxed CPU with Greenify).

What do you think? And to top it off - Over than the Swapper for Root making Swapfiles, does anyone know how to actually increase the RAM of the Xperia E (Virtual or Internally?). I have 409MB Max Ram and I want to add 512MB more from my Class 4/4GB Sd card. Any help? Because RAM will increase my game's performance by far.

STAY ON TOPIC - Xperia E1, Opinions on the phone, release date, leaked secrets about it, will it be on this forum???

KDB223
Old
(Last edited by KDB223; 2nd February 2014 at 04:47 PM.)
Thanks Meter 70
No offense dude, but you should never mention the E1 in this section of xda... Makes us lament our decisions (and hate Sony even more)

EDIT : I will answer your question about RAM though.
An SD card is MUCH MUCH slower than RAM. AFAIK, RAM is the fastest memory of any machine.
So even if you do use the SD card, it will be extremely slow.
That slow.

sent from my Xperia E (C1504) using xda Premium
HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I WAS OF ANY HELP

HIT THE BUTTON IF I WAS OF ANY HELP !

Device : Sony Xperia E C1504 [ Rooted ]
ROM : the All-mighty XBoosT
Kernel : Poseidon V1.2 (by UltraGamerHD)
Bootloader Status : UNLOCKED

Patiently waiting for CM11 to become stable
(@jjm34 and @UltraGamerHD you are my heroes!)
========== LAG IS THE ENEMY ==========
-currently working on a custom kernel you guys'll really like

NSDCars5
Old
Thanks Meter 287
The E1.... is a crap phone in its range and should be avoided at all costs. In it's range, we've got the Xperia M, Galaxy S Duos 2, and (after some stretching of the budget) the Moto G. You seriously think anybody would want this thing? The prices introduced in Germany are (from amazon.de) EUR 144. This is roughly equal to Rs. 12k, the price of an Xperia M. An S Duos 2 comes for Rs. 11k.

Note that the price is for Germany - looking at India's economy, I think it won't be released for less than 13k.

XPeRIAeUSeR
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ohh...
Sorry I was going for Xperia m as my summer choice anyway...

Sent from my C1605 using xda app-developers app

Ryshic12
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by XPeRIAeUSeR View Post
Hey Guys. This section from my understanding was made for the more lower end devices at much cheaper prices with still capabilities of mid-range/high end performances. Well, what about the upcoming Xperia E1?
3)Specs are decent (Dual Core 1.2 Ghz, Android 4.3, only 512MB of RAM) and so can be improved (RAM Swapfiles/Increasers, CM11 or Android 4.4.2, Maxed CPU with Greenify).

What do you think? And to top it off - Over than the Swapper for Root making Swapfiles, does anyone know how to actually increase the RAM of the Xperia E (Virtual or Internally?). I have 409MB Max Ram and I want to add 512MB more from my Class 4/4GB Sd card. Any help? Because RAM will increase my game's performance by far.

STAY ON TOPIC - Xperia E1, Opinions on the phone, release date, leaked secrets about it, will it be on this forum???
Xperia E1 might go to the Xperia L, Xperia M sections too. Maybe its a Semi-Tamsui (if you know what I mean) like the Xperia E itself.
I dare you to Hit the thanks button. I bet you can't

ROM : Stock rom (Turkish JellyBean 11.3.A.21)
Zeus kernel 1.536 ghz SmartAssV2
^Should be self explanatory

AgroCPU
Old
Thanks Meter 34
the xe1 is a class for it self ... i mean it comes with a completely new chipset (qct s400; 2x1,2ghz cortex a7+adreno 302) ... and dunno but it comes without front cam ?!

and btw xperia m/l comes with qct snapdragon s4 plus and this means that they have a better gpu (i think so),so when you like music more than play games or something buy e1,for performance i would definitely choose m/l cause of cortex a9 cores and andreno 305.
1. Sony Xperia Z1 : Deodexed Stock .757+Doomkernel v15
2. Sony Xperia J : CM10+Riches Kernel+Many own Mods Still with broken Coax-Cable
3. Asus MeMoPad HD7: AOSP V2+Xposed+Many Mods

Current Project:
- Xperia LxT Project (for 2011-2013 Xperia´s)
-Learning more things about the Android Developement

Grimlock007
Old
Thanks Meter 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by XPeRIAeUSeR View Post

E1 firmwares and other stuff wont work for E ......so i dont care even a bit for E1
and the ram swaping damages memory card if used for a long time ,,,life of the card decreases
XPERIA ZR,Ess
Scarlet & Hawkeye!!!

KU3A98
Old
Thanks Meter 0
This is a very cool phone, the case is just a little thick.

RSXtm
Old
(Last edited by RSXtm; 10th March 2014 at 01:39 PM.) Reason: The price/hands on
Thanks Meter 20
Angry Damn Cool

I love the Xperia E1: It looks awesome (really similar to the Xperia Z1 Compact), it has the Walkman button and it has Android 4.3 .
And from the first Russian hands-on it seems that the display is really bright and colorful, and it seems very fast

P.S : The price in Italy is 119 euros, so who has Miro, Tipo and E can switch to it without spending a lot of money
P.P.S: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBhjpTLsUK8 New hands on of E1

zzztidurvirus
Old
Thanks Meter 137
just bought e1 dual today... at rm499 + free 8gb microsd, its way better than my older tipo single. and i still cant root it, yet. now trying to update to the newest software version. other than the loud 100db speaker, i would say it win over tipo because: bigger screen resolution, a litter faster chip, and louder speaker. other than that, everything is copied over.
Now using:
Xperia Play R800i
(Untouched Stock)
Xperia E1 Dual
(A Gift To My Brother - But I will play around with it for a while)