28th March 2013, 07:36 AM   |  #71  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 229

839 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up Questions
Hi everyone!

I am new to my Miro and want to put CM10 on it, but first I have some questions.

1) I cannot get ADB to connect to my phone... I put the drive from the Sony website in extras\google\usb-drive or whatever it is, installed it, restarted and everything, it will not detect my phone. Any fixes? (Running Win8 Pro)

2) Is CM10 better or MIUI?

Thanks in advance.

Also, I will be making a step by step on how to get from stock to custom ROM on Miro, complete with pictures; so please do help out

EDIT I managed to unlock bootloader and ADB worked for the phone after installing PC Companion. Fastboot still did not work though. It worked only under Ubuntu.
Last edited by PersianSphinx; 29th March 2013 at 03:06 PM.
30th March 2013, 01:31 PM   |  #72  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Miro st23i won't go on after Root + Rom; Unlockroot/Flashtools/CWM
Hi everyone!
Y tried to improve my mother's Xperia miro (st23i) so she could use sim cards from other companies etc but i ended up with problems...

I started with some research, after i tryed the method explained at Freexperia . The phone specs is 11.0.a.5.8 which i believe it's important.
I rooted the phone with Unlockroot (worked), and then i used CWM to install the MIUI.rar from sd. After that i installed the gapps and rebooted. Now the phone won't go on, everytime y press power button the phone buzzes and a green light goes on for one sec. This process goes on forever...

Now im trying to get into flash mode or fastboot in Flashtool beacause i believe it's the only thing i can try right? None of them is workin atm, in the flash mode i dont know what to open as a tft (the rom was .rar) and when i try Fastboot it says "Device Status: NOT FOUND" and " ERROR - This action can only be done in fastboot mode" which i think indicates that the phone can't get into that mode...

The only thing i'm sure is that i don't have a clue of what to do...
I hope you can help me fix this mess cause the phone is new! i'll be reading some more posts in case i find the key! Hope i gave you enough info
Regards, Victor.
30th March 2013, 06:16 PM   |  #73  
Flag Siegen
Thanks Meter: 548

853 posts
Donate to Me
More
AW: XPERIA MIRO St23i OFFICIAL THREAD [ROOT, ROMS, MODS] UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorrp21

Hi everyone!
Y tried to improve my mother's Xperia miro (st23i) so she could use sim cards from other companies etc but i ended up with problems...

I started with some research, after i tryed the method explained at Freexperia . The phone specs is 11.0.a.5.8 which i believe it's important.
I rooted the phone with Unlockroot (worked), and then i used CWM to install the MIUI.rar from sd. After that i installed the gapps and rebooted. Now the phone won't go on, everytime y press power button the phone buzzes and a green light goes on for one sec. This process goes on forever...

Now im trying to get into flash mode or fastboot in Flashtool beacause i believe it's the only thing i can try right? None of them is workin atm, in the flash mode i dont know what to open as a tft (the rom was .rar) and when i try Fastboot it says "Device Status: NOT FOUND" and " ERROR - This action can only be done in fastboot mode" which i think indicates that the phone can't get into that mode...

I hope you can help me fix this mess cause the phone is new! i'll be reading some more posts in case i find the key! Hope i gave you enough info
Regards, Victor.

u can try it this way http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2030854
30th March 2013, 10:14 PM   |  #74  
Flag London

839 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: XPERIA MIRO St23i OFFICIAL THREAD [ROOT, ROMS, MODS] UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Quote:

Hi everyone!

Regards, Victor.

Looks like you don't have drivers installed. An easy way is to install Ubuntu on your windows (no need to completely change Os, Ubuntu installs on top of windows). Ubuntu connects to fastboot with no errors.

Now all you need to do is install android sdk.

Open the zip file containing the ROM, and put boot.img in /android-sdk/platform-tools/

Open terminal on Ubuntu. Connect phone with fastboot. Type
Code:
Sudo fastboot devices
Now if you have an unlocked bootloader, continue. If not, message me.

BOOT. IMG AND FASTBOOT FILE MUST BE IN THE SAME FOLDER.
If you have unlocked the bootloader and get response from the above command, then type in Ubuntu terminal
Code:
Sudo fastboot flash boot boot.img
Sudo fastboot reboot
Now you can enter recovery and flash the zip.

Again, if you have problems, message me.

Sent from my Xperia Miro using xda premium
Last edited by PersianSphinx; 31st March 2013 at 02:19 AM.
31st March 2013, 01:02 PM   |  #75  

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnTerNoZ

u can try it this way http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2030854

I actually can't because the phone won't get on (and it says it must be in order to do that update from PC Companion. It looked too easy hehe.

PersianSphinx; That makes more sense man! I'm not on my usual computer so i didn't even have java!! i'm installing and updating eclipse's android sdk and later i'll try to work something out while i get Ubuntu to try what u suggest (Eclipse is already downloaded)
Now that i talk to people who knows the miro good i'd like to ask for the most stable free ROM for the st23i. The phone belongs to my mother and i wouldn't have her complaining al the time haha

Well thanks guys for the help, i'll be tryin' to fix this and post here my ressults!
31st March 2013, 02:11 PM   |  #76  
Flag London

839 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: XPERIA MIRO St23i OFFICIAL THREAD [ROOT, ROMS, MODS] UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Quote:

I actually can't because the phone won't get on (and it says it must be in order to do that update from PC Companion. It looked too easy hehe.

PersianSphinx; That makes more sense man! I'm not on my usual computer so i didn't even have java!! i'm installing and updating eclipse's android sdk and later i'll try to work something out while i get Ubuntu to try what u suggest (Eclipse is already downloaded)
Now that i talk to people who knows the miro good i'd like to ask for the most stable free ROM for the st23i. The phone belongs to my mother and i wouldn't have her complaining al the time haha

Well thanks guys for the help, i'll be tryin' to fix this and post here my ressults!

Remember, you don't need eclipse for flashing. Get sdk and not ati, sdk is in one of the drop menus in the download page from Google. For roms, I have only tried FXP so far and it is definitely not stable.
Try an ics rom or root the stock and use pimp my rom app to make it better

31st March 2013, 03:32 PM   |  #77  

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PersianSphinx

Remember, you don't need eclipse for flashing. Get sdk and not ati, sdk is in one of the drop menus in the download page from Google. For roms, I have only tried FXP so far and it is definitely not stable.
Try an ics rom or root the stock and use pimp my rom app to make it better

Allright! I'm already lookin for ics roms. I just runed Eclipse because i got it already and i got real slow internet connection, still i believe i could update all the drivers correctly, otherwise i couldn't have flashed it with flashtools. I just need a stable rom that allows me to change the VPN numbers to the sim card different than the original. Is there any other way to get it?
Thanks for real!
3rd April 2013, 12:45 PM   |  #78  
Flag Varanasi

3 posts
More
Lightbulb ST23i Stock Kernel
i need the stock kernel for xperia miro st23i... couldn't find it on any thread... plz give me the link to download the stock kernel....
5th April 2013, 10:37 AM   |  #79  

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhichak93

i need the stock kernel for xperia miro st23i... couldn't find it on any thread... plz give me the link to download the stock kernel....

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1998277 there u go man, it worked for me flashing with flashtools.

I finally could install Gimlo rom on my Miro and it works kinda good, i could change the sim and get to 3g internet. Only gapps like google Play is getting closed after a while, but they're still working on it. I'll check on the gapps updates... regards!
6th April 2013, 08:10 AM   |  #80  
Flag Varanasi

3 posts
More
Quote:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1998277 there u go man, it worked for me flashing with flashtools.

I finally could install Gimlo rom on my Miro and it works kinda good, i could change the sim and get to 3g internet. Only gapps like google Play is getting closed after a while, but they're still working on it. I'll check on the gapps updates... regards!

actually i went through that thread, but the bitshare link for 11.0.A.5.5 is dead.... this is where the problem comes.... & i couldn't find it anywhere else........

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Xperia Miro, Tipo (Dual), J, E General by ThreadRank