Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,783,010 Members 44,165 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cannot Access CWM after flashing DoomsDayRom

Tip us?

Death1792
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy Cannot Access CWM after flashing DoomsDayRom

Hi, I need help. I flashed the DoomsDayRom on my Xperia J ST26i. I followed all the steps and it went well until I wanted to flash a new rom. I found out that I could not access CWM on my phone even after doing the Vol. up button when there's the purple light. In fact, there was no purple light! There was only a blue light before the phone booted up. After that, I deleted the .zip file from my SD card and tried again. It was the same. Except this time, the error message "Unfortunately, the process android.process.acore has stopped.". That popped up every time I closed it and I couldn't do a thing. Please help me!
I downloaded the rom from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...based-t2636164

maxzeroedge
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Try installing CWM from PC again.
If you still can't go to it, you may also try some xposed module (I am sorry, I forgot the name) which gives you options to reboot (even to recovery) when you try to turn off your phone by pressing and holding power button.
If that still doesn't work, you gotta flash your phone bro.

Death1792
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Thanks, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxzeroedge View Post
Try installing CWM from PC again.
If you still can't go to it, you may also try some xposed module (I am sorry, I forgot the name) which gives you options to reboot (even to recovery) when you try to turn off your phone by pressing and holding power button.
If that still doesn't work, you gotta flash your phone bro.
Thanks, but I've tried installing CWM again, but to no avail. I've also downloaded ROMmanager and tried to reboot into recovery, but the phone just hung. And what do u mean by flashing my phone?

Death1792
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Shuame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death1792 View Post
Thanks, but I've tried installing CWM again, but to no avail. I've also downloaded ROMmanager and tried to reboot into recovery, but the phone just hung. And what do u mean by flashing my phone?
Im using Shuame to re-unlock my bootloader and I will then root it...

maxzeroedge
Old
Thanks Meter 5
By Flashing your phone, I mean using Flashtool which uses ftf files to install stock ROM into the phone. Its similar to Sony Update Service or PC Companion repair method, but doesn't require you to download firmware each time you flash.

P.S. Press Post Reply instead of Reply to avoid quoting yourself
The Following User Says Thank You to maxzeroedge For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]