Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,007 Members 40,776 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to Flash ROM without Permanent Recovery

Tip us?

alharaka
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default [Q] How to Flash ROM without Permanent Recovery

I just purchased a shiny new ST26i Xperia J because I do not have the cash money to splurge. I spent a decent amount of time perusing the threads in the General section and this one as well. I see some people have worked on still incomplete ports of ClockworkMod and the TeamWin recovery systems. Without those, how would one flash a different ROM onto this device? I see a few people have attempted it, but the details are unclear as to how they got that far.

I have unlocked the bootloader and successfully exploited and tested the root on my default firmware (110.2.A.0.21), but no idea where to go from here. Apologies in advanced, I am used to that Samsung bull**** with flash recovery partitions and such, but there garbage open-source stance and their non-commitment to the community made me, even with the little dough I have, put my money on the Xperia guys who have been much more open.
Phone: GT-N7000
Modem: N7000XXLPT N7000XXLRK N7000XXLS1 N7000XXLS3
Recovery: TeamWin 2.3.1 ClockWorkMod
Kernel: Default with ROM or JellyBeer or HydraCore 7 betas
ROM: PA Utacka Nightly ROM
Mods: PDroid via auto-patcher; JusTun Gapps

hard91
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Yup you will soon get cwm and twrp for your phone

Xperia is more open source than samaung

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

You can search
How to port twrp to xperia device
By using tutorial you can get working recovery

Hit thanks if i helped you
HIT THANKS IF YOU LIKE MY WORK & I HELPED YOU.......

I HAVE SONY XPERIA TIPO DUAL
BUILD : 11.0.A.6.8(INDIA)
MY WORK
XPERIA Z PHONE APK FOR TIPO AND J
TUTORIAL TO PORT XPERIA Z PHONE.APK
MY WORK FOR TIPO DUAL

1.XPERIA Z PHONE APK
2.REBOOT OPTION AND NXT FRAMEWORK(beta)

Xmoose
Old
Thanks Meter 649
Location: /universe/milky way/solar system/earth/asia/india/kerala/kochi
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard91 View Post
Yup you will soon get cwm and twrp for your phone

Xperia is more open source than samaung

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

You can search
How to port twrp to xperia device
By using tutorial you can get working recovery

Hit thanks if i helped you
Are you kidding..
Dude please be simple with him...
He asked if there is any stable way to install rom without recovery
And you suggest him to port it???

thank me if I helped you...Don't say it,hit the button...

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by alharaka View Post
I just purchased a shiny new ST26i Xperia J because I do not have the cash money to splurge. I spent a decent amount of time perusing the threads in the General section and this one as well. I see some people have worked on still incomplete ports of ClockworkMod and the TeamWin recovery systems. Without those, how would one flash a different ROM onto this device? I see a few people have attempted it, but the details are unclear as to how they got that far.

I have unlocked the bootloader and successfully exploited and tested the root on my default firmware (110.2.A.0.21), but no idea where to go from here. Apologies in advanced, I am used to that Samsung bull**** with flash recovery partitions and such, but there garbage open-source stance and their non-commitment to the community made me, even with the little dough I have, put my money on the Xperia guys who have been much more open.
Dude...to install a rom,you must need a recovery.. It's mandatory
There are cwm recovery available for your device for sure..without cwm or twrp you wouldn't be able to install a Rom
But you can flash zip mods with an application

If you are looking for a stable recovery, I think you will have to wait..
To be precise... You don't have any other options to install roms,other than by recovery..

Although I don't own a J...

Thank You...

thank me if I helped you...Don't say it,hit the button...
my device status..........

Xperia E dual
running on stock ics rom
bootloader rooting status:locked

my works......

NoZ rom for Xperia E series

XboosT rom for Xperia E series

HIT that small THANKS button over the left side if my post was useful
The Following User Says Thank You to Xmoose For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

s.mihir94
Old
Thanks Meter 78
I own a SXJ You can flash a ROM in SXJ after flashing CWM So, first of all you have to flash CWM .img file and then flash your ROM.zip and then again go for the stock or vengeance kernel! Best luck

Thank me if i helped!

Sent from my ST26i using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to s.mihir94 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Theo_Nitrox
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Post help D:

Well i need help i have an HTC One (m7) i started installing Android Revolution HD ROM for some reason it is not working i have used other costume roms before but this time when my phone reboots it shows the HTC logo only (Not the HTC ONE logo) and shows a small massage in the bottom in red saying (This build is for development purposes only do not distribute outside of HTC without HTC's written permission Failure to comply may lead to legal action.) so i went back to the boot loader then to recovery which is CWM and when it opens it shows the logo and the text but it doesn't show the options and closes immediately. plz help me!

Saleen28
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo_Nitrox View Post
Well i need help i have an HTC One (m7) i started installing Android Revolution HD ROM for some reason it is not working i have used other costume roms before but this time when my phone reboots it shows the HTC logo only (Not the HTC ONE logo) and shows a small massage in the bottom in red saying (This build is for development purposes only do not distribute outside of HTC without HTC's written permission Failure to comply may lead to legal action.) so i went back to the boot loader then to recovery which is CWM and when it opens it shows the logo and the text but it doesn't show the options and closes immediately. plz help me!
No.

This is xperia miro/tipo/j/e forum, go to htc one forum and post your problems there.

And besides, last post in this thread is from before almost half a year.
Tags
flash, rom