Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] How to Flash ROM without Permanent Recovery

OP alharaka

30th September 2013, 12:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 14

62 posts
More
I just purchased a shiny new ST26i Xperia J because I do not have the cash money to splurge. I spent a decent amount of time perusing the threads in the General section and this one as well. I see some people have worked on still incomplete ports of ClockworkMod and the TeamWin recovery systems. Without those, how would one flash a different ROM onto this device? I see a few people have attempted it, but the details are unclear as to how they got that far.

I have unlocked the bootloader and successfully exploited and tested the root on my default firmware (110.2.A.0.21), but no idea where to go from here. Apologies in advanced, I am used to that Samsung bull**** with flash recovery partitions and such, but there garbage open-source stance and their non-commitment to the community made me, even with the little dough I have, put my money on the Xperia guys who have been much more open.
30th September 2013, 01:07 PM   |  #2  
Flag PATIALA
Thanks Meter: 176

373 posts
More
Yup you will soon get cwm and twrp for your phone

Xperia is more open source than samaung

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

You can search
How to port twrp to xperia device
By using tutorial you can get working recovery

Hit thanks if i helped you
30th September 2013, 02:00 PM   |  #3  
Flag /universe/milky way/solar system/earth/asia/india/kerala/kochi
Thanks Meter: 704

797 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard91

Yup you will soon get cwm and twrp for your phone

Xperia is more open source than samaung

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

You can search
How to port twrp to xperia device
By using tutorial you can get working recovery

Hit thanks if i helped you

Are you kidding..
Dude please be simple with him...
He asked if there is any stable way to install rom without recovery
And you suggest him to port it???

thank me if I helped you...Don't say it,hit the button...

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by alharaka

I just purchased a shiny new ST26i Xperia J because I do not have the cash money to splurge. I spent a decent amount of time perusing the threads in the General section and this one as well. I see some people have worked on still incomplete ports of ClockworkMod and the TeamWin recovery systems. Without those, how would one flash a different ROM onto this device? I see a few people have attempted it, but the details are unclear as to how they got that far.

I have unlocked the bootloader and successfully exploited and tested the root on my default firmware (110.2.A.0.21), but no idea where to go from here. Apologies in advanced, I am used to that Samsung bull**** with flash recovery partitions and such, but there garbage open-source stance and their non-commitment to the community made me, even with the little dough I have, put my money on the Xperia guys who have been much more open.

Dude...to install a rom,you must need a recovery.. It's mandatory
There are cwm recovery available for your device for sure..without cwm or twrp you wouldn't be able to install a Rom
But you can flash zip mods with an application

If you are looking for a stable recovery, I think you will have to wait..
To be precise... You don't have any other options to install roms,other than by recovery..

Although I don't own a J...

Thank You...

thank me if I helped you...Don't say it,hit the button...
The Following User Says Thank You to Xmoose For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd October 2013, 02:29 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 79

225 posts
I own a SXJ You can flash a ROM in SXJ after flashing CWM So, first of all you have to flash CWM .img file and then flash your ROM.zip and then again go for the stock or vengeance kernel! Best luck

Thank me if i helped!

Sent from my ST26i using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to s.mihir94 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th April 2014, 08:36 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Post help D:
Well i need help i have an HTC One (m7) i started installing Android Revolution HD ROM for some reason it is not working i have used other costume roms before but this time when my phone reboots it shows the HTC logo only (Not the HTC ONE logo) and shows a small massage in the bottom in red saying (This build is for development purposes only do not distribute outside of HTC without HTC's written permission Failure to comply may lead to legal action.) so i went back to the boot loader then to recovery which is CWM and when it opens it shows the logo and the text but it doesn't show the options and closes immediately. plz help me!
4th April 2014, 10:03 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 26

93 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo_Nitrox

Well i need help i have an HTC One (m7) i started installing Android Revolution HD ROM for some reason it is not working i have used other costume roms before but this time when my phone reboots it shows the HTC logo only (Not the HTC ONE logo) and shows a small massage in the bottom in red saying (This build is for development purposes only do not distribute outside of HTC without HTC's written permission Failure to comply may lead to legal action.) so i went back to the boot loader then to recovery which is CWM and when it opens it shows the logo and the text but it doesn't show the options and closes immediately. plz help me!

No.

This is xperia miro/tipo/j/e forum, go to htc one forum and post your problems there.

And besides, last post in this thread is from before almost half a year.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
flash, rom
Previous Thread Next Thread