5,603,981 Members 45,301 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

annoying problem with notifications on Xperia E...

Tip us?

-Ric-
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Default annoying problem with notifications on Xperia E...

so, ever since a couple of months ago, i have been having some problems receiving notifications with applications like whatsapp, facebook messenger etc.. push applications. the issue is, 50% of the time im receiving the msg's with big delays (up to 20-25 minutes) and some others i don't receive them at all until i turn the screen on.. as soon as the screen is on, bam, i get the msgs..

this was happening when i was using stock ICS FTF on c1505 (single sim) so i thought: "well, maybe its the rom acting up since its supposed to be for the dual sim Xperia E" and i went ahead and flashed stock Jelly Bean and guess what... the exact same thing happens!

now.. i thought it could be my wifi but, happens on 3G aswell... i have no task managers that might be closing the applications and battery saving mode is totally disabled... does anyone have any idea why this might be happening? i searched around but found no one with the same issue... so i really have no idea how to fix it

DPxMiro
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ric- View Post
so, ever since a couple of months ago, i have been having some problems receiving notifications with applications like whatsapp, facebook messenger etc.. push applications. the issue is, 50% of the time im receiving the msg's with big delays (up to 20-25 minutes) and some others i don't receive them at all until i turn the screen on.. as soon as the screen is on, bam, i get the msgs..

this was happening when i was using stock ICS FTF on c1505 (single sim) so i thought: "well, maybe its the rom acting up since its supposed to be for the dual sim Xperia E" and i went ahead and flashed stock Jelly Bean and guess what... the exact same thing happens!

now.. i thought it could be my wifi but, happens on 3G aswell... i have no task managers that might be closing the applications and battery saving mode is totally disabled... does anyone have any idea why this might be happening? i searched around but found no one with the same issue... so i really have no idea how to fix it
should turn off notification of Apps

-Ric-
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by tit_xperiamiro View Post
should turn off notification of Apps
i appreciate your reply but i don't really understand it? you mean i should NOT turn notifications off? all the background sync/data options are enabled

MatsPunt
Old
Thanks Meter 579

DONATE TO ME
I know what you talk about. Sometimes I have this problem too. But with my phone it's fixed by just reading the notifications...

I know it sounds strange, but whenever this happens,(for example a WhatsApp notification) I just open the app and read it. Then the phone performs fine. I have only had it like 10 times in 4 months, so for me it's nit a big deal.

But I can understand that it's terribly annoying.

Unfortunately I have no clue whatsoever how to fix it! Sorry.

Have a nice day and good luck

Sent from my C1505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I'm back! Xperia E owners: be prepared for upcoming awesomeness !
The Following User Says Thank You to MatsPunt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

-Ric-
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatsPunt View Post
I know what you talk about. Sometimes I have this problem too. But with my phone it's fixed by just reading the notifications...

I know it sounds strange, but whenever this happens,(for example a WhatsApp notification) I just open the app and read it. Then the phone performs fine. I have only had it like 10 times in 4 months, so for me it's nit a big deal.

But I can understand that it's terribly annoying.

Unfortunately I have no clue whatsoever how to fix it! Sorry.

Have a nice day and good luck

Sent from my C1505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
it really is because i use whatsapp way more than normal sms's.. so i'm always giving late answers to people and always receiving msgs late that sometimes contain important information... well.. i have been searching across google and xda forums and some people have the same issue on other devices.. however i haven't come across any fix that actually works

Xmoose
Old
Thanks Meter 594
Location: /universe/milky way/solar system/earth/asia/india/kerala/kochi
Have you turned stamina mode on?or some battery mod?

They disable data traffic when screen is off..preventing push notification..

Sent from my C1604 using xda app-developers app
my device status..........

Xperia E dual
running on Xboost rom
bootloader unlock status:rooted

my works......

NoZ rom for Xperia E series

XboosT rom for Xperia E series

HIT that small THANKS button over the left side if my post was useful