Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,719 Members 38,202 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xperia E Dual Bricked

Tip us?

panos13
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy Xperia E Dual Bricked

Ok, I have bricked my device a few times as I love tweaking and flashing ROMs. But , this time, I think I killed it for good.First of all, I tweaked my cm10 with vold.stab to switch sd cards. Rebooted. Internal SD card (vold.stab tweak -> external) not mounting/recognizing by the phone. I found some help articles , so I formatted the external , rebooted and now the phone is dead. If I connect to pc through flashmode or fastboot mode, Windows make the usual sound when you connect a device but it sees it as an unknown device, unable to find drivers. Phone not reacting to any button I press.I think I screwed it at last.

TheRealSS
Old
Thanks Meter 22
You shouldn't have done that. It's VERY risky. Sorry for you...
Xperia E, Xperia M
The Following User Says Thank You to TheRealSS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

-Ric-
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by panos13 View Post
Ok, I have bricked my device a few times as I love tweaking and flashing ROMs. But , this time, I think I killed it for good.First of all, I tweaked my cm10 with vold.stab to switch sd cards. Rebooted. Internal SD card (vold.stab tweak -> external) not mounting/recognizing by the phone. I found some help articles , so I formatted the external , rebooted and now the phone is dead. If I connect to pc through flashmode or fastboot mode, Windows make the usual sound when you connect a device but it sees it as an unknown device, unable to find drivers. Phone not reacting to any button I press.I think I screwed it at last.
by formatting the "external sd card" AFTER doing the "vold.fstab tweak" you actually formatted the INTERNAL memory and not the external... i don't think there's any way to fix it, send it to sony if you still have warranty.
The Following User Says Thank You to -Ric- For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

panos13
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ric- View Post
by formatting the "external sd card" AFTER doing the "vold.fstab tweak" you actually formatted the INTERNAL memory and not the external... i don't think there's any way to fix it, send it to sony if you still have warranty.
Wait, i formatted it via the settings ,in the option above Apps. The phone thinks its the Internal Memory , but I actually deleted all the files in External SD. In other words , The REAL External sd card was formatted. The Real internal memory was unusable.

panos13
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
ok, im sending this to service although i think there is still hope. I did not format the phone's internal memory, but my ext card. The only sign that my phone is alive is that the Proximity Sensor is red , or active, when I connect the charger or press the power button.Also, Windows recognise it as an unknown device. So, is there surely no hope or what? Please help, so I can decide what to do. Thank you in advance.

PS: Is it sure that Customer Service can fix it without warranty?

SmashMii
Old
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
If not under warranty, you might have to pay them to fix it for you.

Sent from my C1505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Device: Sony Xperia E C1505
Rooted
Unlocked Bootloader

ROM: Termin V3 | Android 4.1.1 Jellybean | 11.3.A.2.23
Kernel: Zeus V3.1.1 (TWRP) | 1.306 OC | SmartAssV2 Governer
The Following User Says Thank You to SmashMii For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lozohcum
Old
Thanks Meter 1275
This is what happens when people don't read enough about flashning and tweaking before doing it.

Think first, then do.
I don't reply PM if the answer is on the forum.

Development Devices
Sony Xperia J (jlo)

CyanogenMod 11 for Low-end Sony Xperia 2012 (Tamsui) devices
tamsuicm11.github.io
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lozohcum For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DyG121
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi. Same thing happened to me. I was using CM10 on my Xperia J, but I didn't change anything else in the phone except the ROM. When i got new SDcard I decided to format it using my phone. I used the format option in Settings -> Storage and wanted to reboot the phone, but it didn't turn on. I can't access fastboot or flash mode or anything, it seems completely dead. I surely lost warranty while unlocking BootLoader and installing CM10. Can I do something to unbrick it?

NSDCars5
Old
Thanks Meter 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by DyG121 View Post
Hi. Same thing happened to me. I was using CM10 on my Xperia J, but I didn't change anything else in the phone except the ROM. When i got new SDcard I decided to format it using my phone. I used the format option in Settings -> Storage and wanted to reboot the phone, but it didn't turn on. I can't access fastboot or flash mode or anything, it seems completely dead. I surely lost warranty while unlocking BootLoader and installing CM10. Can I do something to unbrick it?
If it's less than an year old, just give it to Sony and tell them the warranty is still valid - I don't think they can check for bootloader unlock via hardware, and I'm pretty sure you wiped off all the software.
Insert really cool signature here...

Tags
brick, edual, hardbrick, xperia