Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,719 Members 38,202 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xperia E Dual Bricked

Tip us?
 
panos13
Old
#1  
panos13's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 23
Join Date: Jul 2013
Unhappy Xperia E Dual Bricked

Ok, I have bricked my device a few times as I love tweaking and flashing ROMs. But , this time, I think I killed it for good.First of all, I tweaked my cm10 with vold.stab to switch sd cards. Rebooted. Internal SD card (vold.stab tweak -> external) not mounting/recognizing by the phone. I found some help articles , so I formatted the external , rebooted and now the phone is dead. If I connect to pc through flashmode or fastboot mode, Windows make the usual sound when you connect a device but it sees it as an unknown device, unable to find drivers. Phone not reacting to any button I press.I think I screwed it at last.
 
TheRealSS
Old
#2  
TheRealSS's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 164
Join Date: Dec 2013
You shouldn't have done that. It's VERY risky. Sorry for you...
Xperia E, Xperia M
The Following User Says Thank You to TheRealSS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
-Ric-
Old
#3  
-Ric-'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 42
Posts: 103
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Lisbon
Quote:
Originally Posted by panos13 View Post
Ok, I have bricked my device a few times as I love tweaking and flashing ROMs. But , this time, I think I killed it for good.First of all, I tweaked my cm10 with vold.stab to switch sd cards. Rebooted. Internal SD card (vold.stab tweak -> external) not mounting/recognizing by the phone. I found some help articles , so I formatted the external , rebooted and now the phone is dead. If I connect to pc through flashmode or fastboot mode, Windows make the usual sound when you connect a device but it sees it as an unknown device, unable to find drivers. Phone not reacting to any button I press.I think I screwed it at last.
by formatting the "external sd card" AFTER doing the "vold.fstab tweak" you actually formatted the INTERNAL memory and not the external... i don't think there's any way to fix it, send it to sony if you still have warranty.
The Following User Says Thank You to -Ric- For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
panos13
Old
#4  
panos13's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 23
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ric- View Post
by formatting the "external sd card" AFTER doing the "vold.fstab tweak" you actually formatted the INTERNAL memory and not the external... i don't think there's any way to fix it, send it to sony if you still have warranty.
Wait, i formatted it via the settings ,in the option above Apps. The phone thinks its the Internal Memory , but I actually deleted all the files in External SD. In other words , The REAL External sd card was formatted. The Real internal memory was unusable.
 
panos13
Old
#5  
panos13's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 23
Join Date: Jul 2013
ok, im sending this to service although i think there is still hope. I did not format the phone's internal memory, but my ext card. The only sign that my phone is alive is that the Proximity Sensor is red , or active, when I connect the charger or press the power button.Also, Windows recognise it as an unknown device. So, is there surely no hope or what? Please help, so I can decide what to do. Thank you in advance.

PS: Is it sure that Customer Service can fix it without warranty?
 
SmashMii
Old
#6  
SmashMii's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 47
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Tallinn

 
DONATE TO ME
If not under warranty, you might have to pay them to fix it for you.

Sent from my C1505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
Device: Sony Xperia E C1505
Rooted
Unlocked Bootloader


ROM: Termin V3 | Android 4.1.1 Jellybean | 11.3.A.2.23
Kernel: Zeus V3.1.1 (TWRP) | 1.306 OC | SmartAssV2 Governer
The Following User Says Thank You to SmashMii For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
lozohcum
Old
#7  
lozohcum's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1275
Posts: 1,448
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Internety
This is what happens when people don't read enough about flashning and tweaking before doing it.

Think first, then do.
I don't reply PM if the answer is on the forum.



Development Devices
Sony Xperia J (jlo)

CyanogenMod 11 for Low-end Sony Xperia 2012 (Tamsui) devices
tamsuicm11.github.io
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lozohcum For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
DyG121
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: May 2014
Hi. Same thing happened to me. I was using CM10 on my Xperia J, but I didn't change anything else in the phone except the ROM. When i got new SDcard I decided to format it using my phone. I used the format option in Settings -> Storage and wanted to reboot the phone, but it didn't turn on. I can't access fastboot or flash mode or anything, it seems completely dead. I surely lost warranty while unlocking BootLoader and installing CM10. Can I do something to unbrick it?
 
NSDCars5
Old
#9  
NSDCars5's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 388
Posts: 1,021
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Over there
Quote:
Originally Posted by DyG121 View Post
Hi. Same thing happened to me. I was using CM10 on my Xperia J, but I didn't change anything else in the phone except the ROM. When i got new SDcard I decided to format it using my phone. I used the format option in Settings -> Storage and wanted to reboot the phone, but it didn't turn on. I can't access fastboot or flash mode or anything, it seems completely dead. I surely lost warranty while unlocking BootLoader and installing CM10. Can I do something to unbrick it?
If it's less than an year old, just give it to Sony and tell them the warranty is still valid - I don't think they can check for bootloader unlock via hardware, and I'm pretty sure you wiped off all the software.
Insert really cool signature here...

Tags
brick, edual, hardbrick, xperia
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes