Originally Posted by dradudi_rom
Hey guys, I was wondering if you could find me a good tutorial for converting an FTF into flashable zip for CWM
I found something but it creates a massive ~900mb file so I think there's something wrong. I want this for creating an E (1505) rom based off that new 11.3.A.2.33 ftf
Thanks in advance
1) Open the ftf with WinRAR.
2) Extract the system.sin to your desktop.
3) Open flashtool.
4) Click Tools>Sin Editor.
5) Select the system.sin file on your desktop and then click extract data.
6) Wait for the whole process to finish.
7) Download ext2explore and run it in administrator mode.
8) Open the system.ext4 flashtool has created for you.
9) Save the files to your desktop by right clicking on the root of the directory shown.
10) Bundle these files into a flashable .zip (there are plenty of these in the forums).
My Phone: Sony Xperia Z1 Compact | ROM: Modified Stock | Base Firmware/BuildNumber: 14.4.A.0.108 | Android Version: 4.4.4 | Kernel: Stock (Unlockable Bootloader) | Network: giffgaff Stolen
My Tablet: Google Nexus 7 (2012) | ROM: CM11 | Base Firmware/Build Number: 11-20140527-NIGHTLY-grouper | Android Version: 4.4.4 | Kernel: CM11 | Network: N/A
Backup/Development Phone: Sony Xperia M C1905