5,600,053 Members 43,682 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Efficient mods for Xperia J ?

Tip us?

nreuge
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 346
Default [Q] Efficient mods for Xperia J ?

Well, I'm new in the forum "Xperia J" because I own a Xperia T. But my mother will get a J very soon and I'd like to improve her experience on this device.
I've seen some interesting mods in the "Themes and Apps" section such as Z1 apps (Home, etc...) ported to J. This kind of mod work perfect and smoothly on T, but will it be also this the case on J which has rather modest hardware features ?
I wouldn't transform her original device to a laggy and unusable device full of overambitious mods.

Thanks in advance!

MatsPunt
Old
Thanks Meter 572

DONATE TO ME
Take my advice: Don't buy any of the phones in thuis forum(Tipo, Miro, J, E). Truth is that they suck balls. If your mother wants an Android device, you might want to consider cranking up your budget. If the OS doesn't matter, go for the Nokia Lumia 520! I think everybody in this specific forum will agree with me...

Please listen to my advice!

But if you really, really have to purchase a J, every mod should work(assuming it's properly ported to the J).

Again, listen to my advice.

The J will lag. In everything. Not just games, and multitasking.Everything. Be warned. Be prepared.

Sorry, a bit dramatic, but can't make it any more clear.

Good luck with your(mothers) choice.

Sent by magic!
I'm back! Xperia E owners: be prepared for upcoming awesomeness !
The Following User Says Thank You to MatsPunt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nreuge
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 346
Too late, already bought and wrapped.

Nevermind, this will be its first smartphone, she'll use it only for email, sms, mms, phone calls and to watch pictures in album.

I've just configured it, and though this is not as smooth and fast as my T, I've not had a too bad impression. The design is beautiful and the screen is decent.

Thanks for your answer.

MatsPunt
Old
Thanks Meter 572

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nreuge View Post
Too late, already bought and wrapped.

Nevermind, this will be its first smartphone, she'll use it only for email, sms, mms, phone calls and to watch pictures in album.

I've just configured it, and though this is not as smooth and fast as my T, I've not had a too bad impression. The design is beautiful and the screen is decent.

Thanks for your answer.
Haha, oh well. It should do. My moms first phone is a Samsung Xcover. Android 2.2, and it's really slow. . I wish you and your mom all the best in the world, and Merry Christmas!

Sent by magic!
I'm back! Xperia E owners: be prepared for upcoming awesomeness !
The Following User Says Thank You to MatsPunt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AgroCPU
Old
Thanks Meter 34
@MatsPunt

the xperia ins the badest device... cm10 or alien rom +riches kernel (and on cm with pimp my rom mods)= extremly fast device XD

my xj bombs many many dual core devices like huawei ascend y300 XD
1. Sony Xperia Z1 : Deodexed Stock .757+Doomkernel v15
2. Sony Xperia J : CM10+Riches Kernel+Many own Mods Still with broken Coax-Cable
3. Asus MeMoPad HD7: AOSP V2+Xposed+Many Mods

Current Project:
- Xperia LxT Project (for 2011-2013 Xperia´s)
-Learning more things about the Android Developement
The Following User Says Thank You to AgroCPU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Revontheus
Old
Thanks Meter 650
Hmm, I suggest my AlienRom with the latest Riches Kernel and if you can supercharge it ( Supercharger V8 )

Xperia Z1 Compact/Xperia SP/Xperia J ( sold V )
The Following User Says Thank You to Revontheus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dingyuchen
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I have a good impression of codename lightning bolt, so you can try that, together with crossbreeder
here is a list of mods/script that increases performance for you to peruse
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8#post32574338

The Following User Says Thank You to dingyuchen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]