5,599,539 Members 40,551 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] FB,Gmail, other system apps to internal memory

Tip us?
 
sayujnair
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Nov 2013
Default [Q] FB,Gmail, other system apps to internal memory

I rooted my Xperia E C1504 ( single ). No flashing ROM. Nothing. Just rooted. I could move some of the non-movable apps to internal memory after rooting. But there are still apps like Facebook, Gmail, Browser, that are considered as system apps and unable to move to internal memory.
I use Titanium Backup.
And if I could move these apps, I think I can hibernate them in Greenify.
I searched for modules in Xposed Framework too. No use there.

Someone help please ?
 
syedzeshan
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 80
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayujnair View Post
I rooted my Xperia E C1504 ( single ). No flashing ROM. Nothing. Just rooted. I could move some of the non-movable apps to internal memory after rooting. But there are still apps like Facebook, Gmail, Browser, that are considered as system apps and unable to move to internal memory.
I use Titanium Backup.
And if I could move these apps, I think I can hibernate them in Greenify.
I searched for modules in Xposed Framework too. No use there.

Someone help please ?
have you used link2sd!
 
kreatonn
Old
#3  
kreatonn's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 165
Posts: 778
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Muar
Next time read the changelog!! Greenify oredi have the feature. U need to use greenify donation vers.

Sent from my Xperia Miro using xda premium
 
Angelcho
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 55
Posts: 367
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayujnair View Post
I rooted my Xperia E C1504 ( single ). No flashing ROM. Nothing. Just rooted. I could move some of the non-movable apps to internal memory after rooting. But there are still apps like Facebook, Gmail, Browser, that are considered as system apps and unable to move to internal memory.
I use Titanium Backup.
And if I could move these apps, I think I can hibernate them in Greenify.
I searched for modules in Xposed Framework too. No use there.

Someone help please ?
download link2sd. It has a "convert to user app" option

Sent from my ST21i using Tapatalk
 
sayujnair
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelcho View Post
download link2sd. It has a "convert to user app" option

Sent from my ST21i using Tapatalk
I did use that app "link2sd". And no, it doesn't show that option "Convert to user app" for system apps, but it shows "convert to system app" for user apps. And it showed me an error when I tried 'Move 2 SD card' with Facebook, Gmail.

Now what ? And also, App shortcuts on the home screen disappears if I reboot my device. However, apps installed on phone remains on home screen but not the ones moved to Internal Memory. Any idea about this too ?
 
gamer649
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 195
Posts: 510
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayujnair View Post
I did use that app "link2sd". And no, it doesn't show that option "Convert to user app" for system apps, but it shows "convert to system app" for user apps. And it showed me an error when I tried 'Move 2 SD card' with Facebook, Gmail.

Now what ? And also, App shortcuts on the home screen disappears if I reboot my device. However, apps installed on phone remains on home screen but not the ones moved to Internal Memory. Any idea about this too ?
From the play store download /system/app mover. It is a free app, you need busybox installed though. Use that, it will convert the apps to user apps for you. Quick tip start from the bottom and work your way up.

And the problem about the shortcuts disappearing is common with apps installed to the SDCard and Internal Memory. Since they are stored on storage's what are loaded after the phone has booted the shortcuts get unlinked.
My Devices:
My Phone: Sony Xperia M C1905 | ROM: Modified Stock | Base Firmware/Build Number: 15.4.A.0.23 | Android Version: 4.3 | Kernel: Stock (Permanently Locked Bootloader) | Network: GiffGaff
My Tablet: Google Nexus 7 (2012) | ROM: CM11 | Base Firmware/Build Number: ? | Android Version: 4.4.2 | Kernel: CM11 | Network: N/A
Redundant Phone(s): Sony Xperia Miro ST23i | ROM: Gimlo V2.1
 
obsidian_eclipse
Old
#7  
obsidian_eclipse's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 43
Posts: 211
Join Date: May 2011
On older phones (Xperia x10) I was able to partition the sd card and have an ext-3 partition which is native to android/linux, link2sd was able to move system apps to it as it was already considered mounted at boot so nothing would unlink.. I have been trying to do this will the milo with little success, the phone considers either the internal sd or external sd card as 'damaged' when partitioned - I have tried a variety of tools which have been successful on other Sony mobiles, it then proceeds to reformat and partition the card(s) back to their default state.. Highly annoying, as by using an ext partition you could have gigabytes of system storage, so I can only assume there is something about the miro range which makes partitions unusable.
Performance is lessened when using ext partitions but that performance drop is significantly less than only have 50mb of ram available compared to 300 or 400mb!
If I have any success I will update you but at the moment im baffled..

Sent from my ST23i using Tapatalk
 
sayujnair
Old
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer649 View Post
From the play store download /system/app mover. It is a free app, you need busybox installed though. Use that, it will convert the apps to user apps for you. Quick tip start from the bottom and work your way up.

And the problem about the shortcuts disappearing is common with apps installed to the SDCard and Internal Memory. Since they are stored on storage's what are loaded after the phone has booted the shortcuts get unlinked.
I tried with Titanium Backup. It worked! Phew. But hey, still thanks to you and everyone whoever responded.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

A More Competitive Spin on the Addictive 2048 Puzzle

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we talked about a rather interesting take on … more

Multiboot in Progress for the Sony Xperia Z1

As we’ve mentioned quite a few times in the past, multiboot is quite the interesting … more

Samsung EFS Tool Updated to V5, Brings Universal Device Support

You may recall that we’ve talked about XDA Recognized Contributor … more

Say Goodbye to Holo Blue Once and for All

When Google released Android 4.4 KitKat back in October of last year, they changed quite a bit … more