[Q] Help in rooting and flashing custom rom in xperia j

Search This thread

deepakramji

Dec 12, 2013
Udumalpet
Hi..
I need to root and flash miui rom in my xperia j. I studied the forum and concluded with the steps that i shud follow. but still then am fearing a bit to make a move. So i'll explain the steps what i have decided to follow and if its right please tell me so that i'll confidently do the work.

1.Unlock the bootloader using sony official method.

2.Download rom.zip and extract the boot.img and place it in fastboot folder and execute this command in fastboot mode.

fastboot flash boot boot.img ((i hope a cwm recovery comes along with this boot.img))

3.Flash rom and flash gapps.

4. Flash supersu.zip from recovery.

Will the above procedure work fine..????????????
i have downloaded miui v5 rom from this thread... http://xdaforums.com/xperia-j-e/development/rom-miui5-b3-6-7-stable-build-2b-fixed-t2339845

kindly reply please.. My fone's stock rom is reallly toooooooooooooooo slow.. and am fed up with it.

Vroyaloko

Dec 6, 2013
Tangerang
Hi..
I need to root and flash miui rom in my xperia j. I studied the forum and concluded with the steps that i shud follow. but still then am fearing a bit to make a move. So i'll explain the steps what i have decided to follow and if its right please tell me so that i'll confidently do the work.

2.Download rom.zip and extract the boot.img and place it in fastboot folder and execute this command in fastboot mode.

fastboot flash boot boot.img ((i hope a cwm recovery comes along with this boot.img))

i have downloaded miui v5 rom from this thread... http://xdaforums.com/xperia-j-e/development/rom-miui5-b3-6-7-stable-build-2b-fixed-t2339845

kindly reply please.. My fone's stock rom is reallly toooooooooooooooo slow.. and am fed up with it.

Well, that should be good as long as you install the rom from the stock ICS. :D
And yes, the boot.img has cwm too:D :fingers-crossed:

Reactions: deepakramji

slogger001

Sep 24, 2013
Patna/Bihar/India
yes

Hi..

ya right but if u stuck at bootloop do the following
go to cwm and wipe data/factory reset then reflash ur rom
And After flashing rom don't forget to wipe cache and dalvik cache :good:

Last edited:
Reactions: deepakramji

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi..

Well, that should be good as long as you install the rom from the stock ICS. :D
    And yes, the boot.img has cwm too:D :fingers-crossed:
    yes

Hi..

ya right but if u stuck at bootloop do the following
    go to cwm and wipe data/factory reset then reflash ur rom
    And After flashing rom don't forget to wipe cache and dalvik cache :good: