Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,949 Members 43,753 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help in rooting and flashing custom rom in xperia j

Tip us?

deepakramji
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Help in rooting and flashing custom rom in xperia j

Hi..
I need to root and flash miui rom in my xperia j. I studied the forum and concluded with the steps that i shud follow. but still then am fearing a bit to make a move. So i'll explain the steps what i have decided to follow and if its right please tell me so that i'll confidently do the work.

1.Unlock the bootloader using sony official method.

2.Download rom.zip and extract the boot.img and place it in fastboot folder and execute this command in fastboot mode.

fastboot flash boot boot.img ((i hope a cwm recovery comes along with this boot.img))

3.Flash rom and flash gapps.

4. Flash supersu.zip from recovery.

Will the above procedure work fine..????????????
i have downloaded miui v5 rom from this thread... http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...fixed-t2339845

kindly reply please.. My fone's stock rom is reallly toooooooooooooooo slow.. and am fed up with it.

Vroyaloko
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakramji View Post
Hi..
I need to root and flash miui rom in my xperia j. I studied the forum and concluded with the steps that i shud follow. but still then am fearing a bit to make a move. So i'll explain the steps what i have decided to follow and if its right please tell me so that i'll confidently do the work.

2.Download rom.zip and extract the boot.img and place it in fastboot folder and execute this command in fastboot mode.

fastboot flash boot boot.img ((i hope a cwm recovery comes along with this boot.img))

i have downloaded miui v5 rom from this thread... http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...fixed-t2339845

kindly reply please.. My fone's stock rom is reallly toooooooooooooooo slow.. and am fed up with it.
Well, that should be good as long as you install the rom from the stock ICS.
And yes, the boot.img has cwm too
The Following User Says Thank You to Vroyaloko For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

slogger001
Old
(Last edited by slogger001; 2nd July 2014 at 06:25 AM.) Reason: correction
Thanks Meter 58
Wink yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakramji View Post
Hi..

ya right but if u stuck at bootloop do the following
go to cwm and wipe data/factory reset then reflash ur rom
And After flashing rom don't forget to wipe cache and dalvik cache
Device:- χρєяια тιρσ

☞๓ұ ∂єνιє αu ☜

RΩM:- □ѕтσк ιѕ ■υѕтσм 尺m (cm 10)

Яσσт:- ■яσσтє∂ □υияσσтє∂

Вσσтℓσα∂єя:- □ℓσкє∂ ■υиℓσкє∂

яєσνєяу:- ■ωм □тωяρ

нιт тнαикѕ αℓѕσ
The Following User Says Thank You to slogger001 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]