Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q]Need help for various problems faced during rooting and flashing stuff in Xperia E

OP AvinabaDalal

21st July 2014, 04:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Durgapur
Thanks Meter: 67

93 posts
More
I decided to root my mom's Xperia E and put CM10 in it. So I began. I first rooted with cydia impactor and put supersu manually and installed binaries. It was successfully rooted. Now when I unlocked my bootloader I faced a bootloop, so I flashed stock ftf and then rooted again. So now I have a rooted and bootloader unlocked xperia e. Then I decided to install cwm. I tried to do it using cmd prompt but everytime it would show <waiting for device> and then nothing happens (I booted in fastboot mode). After that I decided to put zeus kernel. In the download section, confusion started as there were 2 versions, for cwm and TWRP respctively, I tried the cwm one and flashed it using flashtool but then my phone's UI was like gone. I was only able to open settings app. So I decided to flash stock FTF and keep it in stable state for now. So what do I need to do to install cm10?
Thanks in advance
21st July 2014, 08:44 PM   |  #2  
Flag Ruse
Thanks Meter: 21

92 posts
Donate to Me
More
When it says <waiting for device> just follow these steps:
1.Turn off the phone
2.power off button + volume UP
3.wait to finish flash
If it dosn't work reinstall drivers.
25th July 2014, 05:22 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 37

99 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinabaDalal

I decided to root my mom's Xperia E and put CM10 in it. So I began. I first rooted with cydia impactor and put supersu manually and installed binaries. It was successfully rooted. Now when I unlocked my bootloader I faced a bootloop, so I flashed stock ftf and then rooted again. So now I have a rooted and bootloader unlocked xperia e. Then I decided to install cwm. I tried to do it using cmd prompt but everytime it would show <waiting for device> and then nothing happens (I booted in fastboot mode). After that I decided to put zeus kernel. In the download section, confusion started as there were 2 versions, for cwm and TWRP respctively, I tried the cwm one and flashed it using flashtool but then my phone's UI was like gone. I was only able to open settings app. So I decided to flash stock FTF and keep it in stable state for now. So what do I need to do to install cm10?
Thanks in advance

Nothing much if you flashed Stock FTF recently then just flash Zues Kernel the CWM one, make sure you have the proper drivers to flash using flashtool.
Then boot up and go into recovery and flash the CM10.zip. Then you will need to flash the CM10 kernel. Its usually inside the ZIP named "boot.img"
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread