Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,957 Members 53,556 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HELP]Xperia J BRICK

Tip us?

Revontheus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 825
Default [HELP]Xperia J BRICK

I installed AVD Rom on my Rooted Xperia J with Locked Bootloader running on Stock ICS 11.0.A.7.5, after following all the instructions like Wiping The System Cache, the Dalvik Cache and the formatting /system. I was already at the instruction where I had to install the ROM itself It said it had a problem on the SDCard and I realized that the zip file of the rom was supposed to be placed in the ext_card, which i removed earlier before installing the ROM.

As a result I removed the battery Even with CWM On and after inserting the ext_card with the ROM I booted up and it stayed stuck in the SONY Logo and I was unable to enter CWM

I tried Reflashing the Stock ICS with Xperia Flasher but the phone won't even enter flashmode even if I am holding the Vol- button while connecting to PC all it says is Device Connected with USB debugging mode off. I tried to repair it with Sony PC Companion but it is also not detected by PC companion.
Please help guys I would really appreciate it. Thanks

gavster26
Old
Thanks Meter 476

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fonetalker101 View Post
I installed AVD Rom on my Rooted Xperia J with Locked Bootloader running on Stock ICS 11.0.A.7.5, after following all the instructions like Wiping The System Cache, the Dalvik Cache and the formatting /system. I was already at the instruction where I had to install the ROM itself It said it had a problem on the SDCard and I realized that the zip file of the rom was supposed to be placed in the ext_card, which i removed earlier before installing the ROM.

As a result I removed the battery Even with CWM On and after inserting the ext_card with the ROM I booted up and it stayed stuck in the SONY Logo and I was unable to enter CWM

I tried Reflashing the Stock ICS with Xperia Flasher but the phone won't even enter flashmode even if I am holding the Vol- button while connecting to PC all it says is Device Connected with USB debugging mode off. I tried to repair it with Sony PC Companion but it is also not detected by PC companion.
There should be no reason for the phone not to go into flashmode is your battery charged?

Creator Of AVD Rom The Way Stock Should Be
My PM Is Not Tech Support Please Post In The Relavent Thread
My Devices
Xperia X8
Xperia ray
Xperia U
Xperia J
Xperia L
Xperia Z
Xperia Z1

Revontheus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 825
Yes Sir, It boots up when I press a button and stays stuck at the SONY LogoI doesn't even enter recovery mode

Revontheus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 825
Sir please help, All i can do now is rely on your instructions

c4cyro
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Use pc companion and repair your phone

Sent from my ST23i

lozohcum
Old
Thanks Meter 1,318
does fastboot mode work?

Download Sony Update Service and follow it's instruction to fix your phone.
For me it worked.
I don't reply PM if the answer is on the forum.

Development Devices
Sony Xperia J (jlo)

CyanogenMod 11 for Low-end Sony Xperia 2012 (Tamsui) devices
tamsuicm11.github.io

s.mihir94
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Charge your XJ's battery using an external battery charger! That happened to me also! I charged my battery and tried and flashmode as well as fastboot started to work

Sent from my ST26i using xda app-developers app

trytohelp
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystogan View Post

Hai My Dear Friend....

Let try this following...
first what u need is usb cable
second sony pc companian

ok...first u need to run pc companion
2. click start and then start againt from software update
3. click repair my phone/tablet and then click continue
TAKE NOTED YOUR PERSONAL DATA WILL LOST AFTER OPERATION.
4. CLICK CLICK THE BOX THAT U AGREE AND UNDERSTAND AND CLICK CONTINUE
THEN PREPARE NOW LOADING ON SCREEN AFTER DONE PLEASE SELECT YOUR PHONE MODEL AND CLICK NEXT
5. PRESS BUTTON VOLUME DOWN AND CONNECT PHONE TO USB AND WAIT UNTIL UPDATE COMPLETE.
MAYBE 30MINIT OR 1HOUR PROSES REPAIR AND UPDATE YOUR PHONE....
6. AFTER UPDATE COMPLETE PLEASE TAKE OUT YOUR BATTERY FIRST AND THEN PULL BACK AND ON YOUR PHONE
AFTER ON PHONE WILL LOADING UPGRADE YOUR PHONE PLEASE BE PATIENT....AFTER ALL DONE YOU WILL SMILE AND PHONE JUST COME BACK TO U.... YA

SORRY MY ENGLISH NOT GOOD
The Following User Says Thank You to trytohelp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MatsPunt
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 702

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by trytohelp View Post
Hai My Dear Friend....

Let try this following...
first what u need is usb cable
second sony pc companian

ok...first u need to run pc companion
2. click start and then start againt from software update
3. click repair my phone/tablet and then click continue
TAKE NOTED YOUR PERSONAL DATA WILL LOST AFTER OPERATION.
4. CLICK CLICK THE BOX THAT U AGREE AND UNDERSTAND AND CLICK CONTINUE
THEN PREPARE NOW LOADING ON SCREEN AFTER DONE PLEASE SELECT YOUR PHONE MODEL AND CLICK NEXT
5. PRESS BUTTON VOLUME DOWN AND CONNECT PHONE TO USB AND WAIT UNTIL UPDATE COMPLETE.
MAYBE 30MINIT OR 1HOUR PROSES REPAIR AND UPDATE YOUR PHONE....
6. AFTER UPDATE COMPLETE PLEASE TAKE OUT YOUR BATTERY FIRST AND THEN PULL BACK AND ON YOUR PHONE
AFTER ON PHONE WILL LOADING UPGRADE YOUR PHONE PLEASE BE PATIENT....AFTER ALL DONE YOU WILL SMILE AND PHONE JUST COME BACK TO U.... YA

SORRY MY ENGLISH NOT GOOD
Awesome that you help him, but the post is from September . But it's still awesome that there are people out there who post complete guides like yours, and not just say: "use SUS, use Flashtool use PC Companion".

Merry Christmas

Sent by magic!

Revontheus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 825
Man this was a thread I created when I was a nublet here in forums and cannot understand anything lol
Kindly Click if I helped you
"Humans tend to think logically yet their actions are influenced by emotions"

The Following User Says Thank You to Revontheus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]