[HOW-TO][E SS/DS]*UPDATED*Workaround for problems to save APNs manually on ICS ROMs
As most users already know, there is a bug in the dual-SIM ICS FTF if you flash it on Xperia E, not being able to manually save APNs. Infact, not being able to create them at all.
Well, I had this and fixed this problem on xmoose's XBoosT ROM , but since its based on the stock ICS firmware, it'll work for it too.
Here's what you want to do to fix it :
- Disable 'Data Transfer" : Go to Settings > (under Wireless and Networks) More.... > Mobile Networks > UNTICK 'Data Enabled'
- Go Back, and turn ON Airplane Mode
- Wait till its completely turned on
- As soon as its turned on, turn it back OFF
- Now go set up your APNs!!
- Hit the THANKS !!
P.S : I believe the bug was because the ROM could not detect the MCC and MNC port numbers of your respective carrier. But this fixes it. Weird.
Looks like this bug exists in the Dual SIM variant too. To fix it on DS phones, follow these:
OK, it seems the bug isn't device-specific. Just try either
method (if Method 1 doesn't work, try Method 2)
You'll need a working Wi-Fi network with for this!
- Connect to any Wi-Fi network
- Go to Settings > Dual SIM card > Untick SIM 1, and then tick it back again
- Go to Settings > Xperia (TM) > Internet settings
The APNs should get downloaded and be working!
(Thanks to @TheRealSS
for Method 2)
HIT THE BUTTON IF I WAS OF ANY HELP !
Device : Sony Xperia E C1504 [ Rooted ]
ROM : the All-mighty XBoosT
Kernel : Poseidon V1.2 (by UltraGamerHD)
Bootloader Status : UNLOCKED
Patiently waiting for CM11 to become stable
(@jjm34 and @UltraGamerHD you are my heroes!)
========== LAG IS THE ENEMY ==========
-currently working on a custom kernel you guys'll really like