5,598,938 Members 30,816 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HOW-TO][E SS/DS]*UPDATED*Workaround for problems to save APNs manually on ICS ROMs

Tip us?

KDB223
Old
(Last edited by KDB223; 3rd January 2014 at 02:51 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 70
Post [HOW-TO][E SS/DS]*UPDATED*Workaround for problems to save APNs manually on ICS ROMs

As most users already know, there is a bug in the dual-SIM ICS FTF if you flash it on Xperia E, not being able to manually save APNs. Infact, not being able to create them at all.
Well, I had this and fixed this problem on xmoose's XBoosT ROM , but since its based on the stock ICS firmware, it'll work for it too.
Here's what you want to do to fix it :
METHOD 1:
  1. Disable 'Data Transfer" : Go to Settings > (under Wireless and Networks) More.... > Mobile Networks > UNTICK 'Data Enabled'
  2. Go Back, and turn ON Airplane Mode
  3. Wait till its completely turned on
  4. As soon as its turned on, turn it back OFF
  5. Now go set up your APNs!!
  6. Hit the THANKS !!
P.S : I believe the bug was because the ROM could not detect the MCC and MNC port numbers of your respective carrier. But this fixes it. Weird.

UPDATE: Looks like this bug exists in the Dual SIM variant too. To fix it on DS phones, follow these: OK, it seems the bug isn't device-specific. Just try either method (if Method 1 doesn't work, try Method 2)
METHOD 2:
NOTE: You'll need a working Wi-Fi network with for this!
  1. Connect to any Wi-Fi network
  2. Go to Settings > Dual SIM card > Untick SIM 1, and then tick it back again
  3. Go to Settings > Xperia (TM) > Internet settings
The APNs should get downloaded and be working!
(Thanks to @TheRealSS for Method 2)

HIT THE BUTTON IF I WAS OF ANY HELP !

Device : Sony Xperia E C1504 [ Rooted ]
ROM : the All-mighty XBoosT
Kernel : Poseidon V1.2 (by UltraGamerHD)
Bootloader Status : UNLOCKED

Patiently waiting for CM11 to become stable
(@jjm34 and @UltraGamerHD you are my heroes!)
========== LAG IS THE ENEMY ==========
-currently working on a custom kernel you guys'll really like
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KDB223 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NeoTrix
Old
Thanks Meter 95
Will try this,if you are sure it works,let @UltraGamerHD note this in his Official thread under "How To"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Xperia E--------------------------------------------------------------------Moto G
Stock JB------------------------------------------------------Stock all the way.

UltraGamerHD
Old
Thanks Meter 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoTrix View Post
Will try this,if you are sure it works,let @UltraGamerHD note this in his Official thread under "How To"
Will Do!
My Device

Sony Xperia E (C1505)

Bootloader Status: Yes

ROM: Xboost

smz2014
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDB223 View Post
As most users already know, there is a bug in the dual-SIM ICS FTF if you flash it on Xperia E SS, not being able to manually save APNs. Infact, not being able to create them at all.
Well, I had this and fixed this problem on xmoose's XBoosT ROM , but since its based on the stock ICS firmware, it'll work for it too.
  1. Disable 'Data Transfer" : Go to Settings > (under Wireless and Networks) More.... > Mobile Networks > UNTICK 'Data Enabled'
  6. Hit the THANKS !!
P.S : I believe the bug was because the ROM could not detect the MCC and MNC port numbers of your respective carrier. But this fixes it. Weird.

UPDATE: Looks like this bug exists in the Dual SIM variant too. To fix it on DS phones, follow these:
  2. Go to Settings > Dual SIM card > Untick SIM 1, and then tick it bak again
(Thanks to @TheRealSS for the fix for DS)
thank you. it works.

aahanable
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDB223 View Post
As most users already know, there is a bug in the dual-SIM ICS FTF if you flash it on Xperia E, not being able to manually save APNs. Infact, not being able to create them at all.
METHOD 1:
  6. Hit the THANKS !!

UPDATE: Looks like this bug exists in the Dual SIM variant too. To fix it on DS phones, follow these: OK, it seems the bug isn't device-specific. Just try either method (if Method 1 doesn't work, try Method 2)
METHOD 2:
  2. Go to Settings > Dual SIM card > Untick SIM 1, and then tick it back again
(Thanks to @TheRealSS for Method 2)
dude i followed each and every step and it would work for the time being but after just one reboot the prob comes again all my apn accounts r gone but able to revive by following this procedure again and again. cant there be any permanent fix for this problem.

smz2014
Old
(Last edited by smz2014; 10th January 2014 at 06:11 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by aahanable View Post
dude i followed each and every step and it would work for the time being but after just one reboot the prob comes again all my apn accounts r gone but able to revive by following this procedure again and again. cant there be any permanent fix for this problem.
ya.. even for me after first reboot the apn disappeared but still I could connect to the internet. after some reboots (didn't count) the apn reappeared all by itself !
EDIT : now my phone saves the apn's sent as a msg from my operater. this wasn't working before żż

KDB223
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by smz2014 View Post
ya.. even for me after first reboot the apn disappeared but still I could connect to the internet. after some reboots (didn't count) the apn reappeared all by itself !
EDIT : now my phone saves the apn's sent as a msg from my operater. this wasn't working before żż
Well, atleast its working now...wasn't that the whole point?

HIT THE BUTTON IF I WAS OF ANY HELP !

Device : Sony Xperia E C1504 [ Rooted ]
ROM : the All-mighty XBoosT
Kernel : Poseidon V1.2 (by UltraGamerHD)
Bootloader Status : UNLOCKED

Patiently waiting for CM11 to become stable
(@jjm34 and @UltraGamerHD you are my heroes!)
========== LAG IS THE ENEMY ==========
-currently working on a custom kernel you guys'll really like