Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,924 Members 45,253 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

porting roms

Tip us?
 
zombienotdead
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 83
Join Date: Jul 2013
Default porting roms

can i port stock rom of xperia go jelly bean using cm10 as base rom
cuz miro and xperia go like the same DESIGN same DISPLAY same CAMERA but go dont have front ...look
http://www.phonearena.com/phones/com...ones/7150,7056
and if i start porting which guide should i use
 
H3LL
Old
#2  
H3LL's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 63
Posts: 215
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombienotdead View Post
can i port stock rom of xperia go jelly bean using cm10 as base rom
cuz miro and xperia go like the same DESIGN same DISPLAY same CAMERA but go dont have front ...look
http://www.phonearena.com/phones/com...ones/7150,7056
and if i start porting which guide should i use
Xperia Go uses novathor so i think not possible

Sent from my C1504
Device : Sony Xperia E(C1504)
ROM : Stock Deodexed
Kernel : Zeus Kernel
Bootloader : Unlocked
 
zombienotdead
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 83
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGuyfromH3LL View Post
Xperia Go uses novathor so i think not possible

Sent from my C1504
What is novathor???

Sent from my ST23i using xda app-developers app
 
Naney
Old
#4  
Naney's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 168
Posts: 184
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ankara
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombienotdead View Post
What is novathor???

Sent from my ST23i using xda app-developers app
chipset
 
zombienotdead
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 83
Join Date: Jul 2013
Ok then what phones can I port rims from

Sent from my ST23i using xda app-developers app
 
Asama
Old
#6  
Asama's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 58
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Gujrat
Samsung Galaxy S Plus

sent by my GT-I9001 CyanogenMod 11 release 4 using Tapatalk
I Love Helping Other Peoples


INFO:
Mobile: Samsung Galaxy S Plus
ROM: CyanogenMod 11 Release 4
Kernel: K^Kernel
From: Pakistan
City: Gujrat
Interests: Helping Other,ROMs,Pakistan
 
zombienotdead
Old
#7  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 83
Join Date: Jul 2013
What about galaxy ace

Sent from my ST23i using xda app-developers app
 
TheGintazz
Old
#8  
TheGintazz's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 79
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombienotdead View Post
What about galaxy ace

Sent from my ST23i using xda app-developers app
Galaxy ace is very underpowered and has only gingerbread android, so probably no.

Sent from my ST26i using xda app-developers app
 
zombienotdead
Old
#9  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 83
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGintazz View Post
Galaxy ace is very underpowered and has only gingerbread android, so probably no.

Sent from my ST26i using xda app-developers app
man ace have gingerbread and cm9 and cm10 and cm11
 
NSDCars5
Old
#10  
NSDCars5's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 384
Posts: 1,020
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Over there
I say you use Xperia J as a base then downsize everything (or get images from Xperia E).

If you take Xperia E as a base, GSM will probably not work (when we port from Tipo/Miro to E, GSM never works).
Insert really cool signature here...

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

[OTA Captured] Verizon LG G Pad 8.3 Finally Gets Official KitKat Update

It’s been almost nine months since the LG G Pad … more

Enjoy Wallpaper Overload with PhotoPhase

We don’t usually feature live wallpapers on the XDA Portal unless they are somewhat innovative … more

Monitor What Your Phone’s Camera Sees with Android Wear

Having a smart device strapped to your wrist certainly has its merits. A … more

Mod Lets You Have Stereo Speakers on Your Sony Xperia Z1 (Sort Of)

The stereo speakers onthe Sony Xperia Z2areprobably a relatively large … more