Slow Torrents

OP sherry_94

19th June 2014, 12:37 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Moga
Thanks Meter: 104

766 posts
More
I ve a Xperia L and a Tipo.....i keep my tipo only for torrenting....i ve a 1 mbit broadband.....which throttles down to 512 after 6 gb.....any torrent any try gives pathentic speeds(20-25 kBps) in tipo while they work super fast in XL.....i tried changing ports...every setting is same as XL....i use tTorrent.....all my torrents ve 250+ seeders

XL is my primary phone and i dont want it to download 24x7.....its quite a hit on battery.....can someone help ????

Sent from my C2105 using Tapatalk
20th June 2014, 12:19 PM   |  #2  
Behind You.
Thanks Meter: 842

1,184 posts
More
Let me explain how torrents work buddy...

It's basically like downloading a book...what you are downloading are "pages" of the books ( called parts ) now torrent's speed is based on how many people ( peers ) are downloading the same thing you're downloading in the whole world. So if you are the only one downloading it you will get a speed of 0.0Kb/s which is no speed at all

Of course having a good Internet Connection increases the speed too

While downloading torrents via Mobile is highly discouraged you could try underclocking it to 500Mhz when downloading
Last edited by Revontheus; 21st June 2014 at 07:31 AM.
20th June 2014, 01:50 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 26

93 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revontheus

Let me explain how torrents work buddy...

It's basically like downloading a book...what you are downloading are "pages" of the books ( called parts ) now torrent's speed is based on how many people ( peers ) are downloading the same thing you're downloading in the whole world. So if you are the only one downloading it you will get a speed of 0.0Kb/s which is no speed at all

Of course having a good Internet Connection increases the speed too

I think he knows it - his problem is that his tipo downloads torrents slower than his L
The Following User Says Thank You to Saleen28 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread