Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,201 Members 51,978 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]Can this Tipo be fixed? Bricked for good?

Tip us?

ruhowned
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q]Can this Tipo be fixed? Bricked for good?

Hi

I have an old Tipo that had Gimlo running it in for a year or two with no problems (as in, I installed it in 2012 or 2013, can't remember). Anyway, I was going to give the phone to my girlfriend as I got a new one, and it seems I accidentally deleted EVERYTHING. I really don't know how I managed to botch up that bad, but I did.

When I boot, I get a vibration, the Sony logo and that's it. If I press volume up or down when pressing the power on, white/green led flashes depending on which I pushed. But basically I cannot access anything on the phone through a PC or any software that I've tried (emma, flashtool, pc companion)...

Flashtool complained something about the phone and MTP (?) and USB debugging mode. Can't post exactly what it says as I don't have access to a PC that has Flashtool. Basically the touch buttons do not react at all.

Vroyaloko
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhowned View Post
Hi

I have an old Tipo that had Gimlo running it in for a year or two with no problems (as in, I installed it in 2012 or 2013, can't remember). Anyway, I was going to give the phone to my girlfriend as I got a new one, and it seems I accidentally deleted EVERYTHING. I really don't know how I managed to botch up that bad, but I did.

When I boot, I get a vibration, the Sony logo and that's it. If I press volume up or down when pressing the power on, white/green led flashes depending on which I pushed. But basically I cannot access anything on the phone through a PC or any software that I've tried (emma, flashtool, pc companion)...

Flashtool complained something about the phone and MTP (?) and USB debugging mode. Can't post exactly what it says as I don't have access to a PC that has Flashtool. Basically the touch buttons do not react at all.
Try this way:

Get the stock ROM ftf and open flash tool
Then, connect your phone and press the power up at the same time.
Then flash the stock rom and follow the step from the flash tool.

Hope it helped.
Good Luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to Vroyaloko For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ruhowned
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroyaloko View Post
Try this way:

Get the stock ROM ftf and open flash tool
Then, connect your phone and press the power up at the same time.
Then flash the stock rom and follow the step from the flash tool.

Hope it helped.
Good Luck!
Still didn't have access to flashtool (I am not on my own PC and I don't have permissions to run things), but I tried sony's own tool with your inspiration and it worked! Thank you thank you thank you! I don't know where tangerang is but if I ever visit the place, I owe you a cup of coffee, a soda or whatever beverage you prefer!