Post Reply

[Q] tutorial installing alienron v5

OP Lebox

24th April 2014, 11:11 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Hidden
Thanks Meter: 5
 
41 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
anyone can help me?....i am having xperia j firm .31 JB and i want to install alienrom v5...http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...3-fxp-t2527939 i follow the instructions but i dont understand the procedure after go to the "fix permission" before i flash the JB kernel should i go to "reboot the system" (in CWM) or just pull out the battery the flash the kernel through flashtool. Because i have tried 4 times and its always bootloop ( what did i missed)...thank you in advance
24th April 2014, 11:34 AM   |  #2  
slogger001's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Patna/Bihar/India
Thanks Meter: 58
 
287 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Talking reflash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebox

anyone can help me?....i am having xperia j firm .31 JB and i want to install alienrom v5...http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...3-fxp-t2527939 i follow the instructions but i dont understand the procedure after go to the "fix permission" before i flash the JB kernel should i go to "reboot the system" (in CWM) or just pull out the battery the flash the kernel through flashtool. Because i have tried 4 times and its always bootloop ( what did i missed)...thank you in advance

if ur getting bootloop go to cwm and re-flash the rom try this
The Following User Says Thank You to slogger001 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2014, 11:42 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Hidden
Thanks Meter: 5
 
41 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by slogger001

if ur getting bootloop go to cwm and re-flash the rom try this

i already tried that many times still getting that....i mean what did i missed here in installation guide or maybe because of me from jellybean instread of ICS
24th April 2014, 11:50 AM   |  #4  
slogger001's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Patna/Bihar/India
Thanks Meter: 58
 
287 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Then downgrade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebox

i already tried that many times still getting that....i mean what did i missed here in installation guide or maybe because of me from jellybean instread of ICS

try this after downgrading ur phone
24th April 2014, 11:58 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Hidden
Thanks Meter: 5
 
41 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slogger001

try this after downgrading ur phone

ok thaks i will try again....but what about the instruction in....

Instructions
Quote:
- To avoid any problems, I suggest you flash coming from Stock ICS or Stock JB...Coming from ICS is easier though ( .31 FW)
- Root your phone and install a recovery ( ICS RECOVERY IN 3RD POST )
NOTE: ICS REVOERY IS DIFFERENT FROM JB RECOVERY ( JB CWM here: Click Here! ) ( Use that if COMING FROM JB otherwise use the ICS recovery )
- Copy the ROM to your SD Card ( External )
- Boot into CWM ( volume down/up button like up-down-up-down )
- Wipe Data/Factory Reset then Wipe Cache Partition
- Navigate to advanced and Wipe Dalvik Cache
- Format /system ( ONLY SYSTEM )( V4 and V5 only ) ( no need for V4.1 and Below )
- Install/flash the ROM and install/flash the Rootfix.zip
- Navigate to Advanced and Fix Permissions
- Flash the .31 Kernel provided in downloads

- IF COMING FROM ICS ONLY DO NOT POWER OFF YET !!!!
- Remove Battery then put it back again
- Flash the .31 Kernel ( download in links ) using flashtool ( UNTICK FINAL DATA VERIFICATION )
- Done and Enjoy the ROM

step no 7 Navigate to Advanced and Fix Permission ....after this what should i do? go to reboot or just pull out battery before flashing (flash the .31 on no 8 step) this where i getting confuse
24th April 2014, 01:16 PM   |  #6  
slogger001's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Patna/Bihar/India
Thanks Meter: 58
 
287 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Cool Try both
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebox

ok thaks i will try again....but what about the instruction in....

Instructions
Quote:
- To avoid any problems, I suggest you flash coming from Stock ICS or Stock JB...Coming from ICS is easier though ( .31 FW)
- Root your phone and install a recovery ( ICS RECOVERY IN 3RD POST )
NOTE: ICS REVOERY IS DIFFERENT FROM JB RECOVERY ( JB CWM here: Click Here! ) ( Use that if COMING FROM JB otherwise use the ICS recovery )
- Copy the ROM to your SD Card ( External )
- Boot into CWM ( volume down/up button like up-down-up-down )
- Wipe Data/Factory Reset then Wipe Cache Partition
- Navigate to advanced and Wipe Dalvik Cache
- Format /system ( ONLY SYSTEM )( V4 and V5 only ) ( no need for V4.1 and Below )
- Install/flash the ROM and install/flash the Rootfix.zip
- Navigate to Advanced and Fix Permissions
- Flash the .31 Kernel provided in downloads

- IF COMING FROM ICS ONLY DO NOT POWER OFF YET !!!!
- Remove Battery then put it back again
- Flash the .31 Kernel ( download in links ) using flashtool ( UNTICK FINAL DATA VERIFICATION )
- Done and Enjoy the ROM

step no 7 Navigate to Advanced and Fix Permission ....after this what should i do? go to reboot or just pull out battery before flashing (flash the .31 on no 8 step) this where i getting confuse

hmm....look I have not tried this ,the Normal method is to flash kernel and reboot then install rom
So I would recommend u to try both
25th April 2014, 02:40 AM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
After "fix permission" I removed the battery and then used flashtool to flash the. 31 firmware.

It worked fine.

Sent from my ST26i using xda app-developers app
25th April 2014, 12:57 PM   |  #8  
Vroyaloko's Avatar
Member
Flag Tangerang
Thanks Meter: 21
 
85 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Have you try this:
-First install .31 (JB) stock ROM, then install the recovery
-The open the recovery and Wipe Data/Factory Reset then Wipe Cache Partition
-Next, go to advanced and Wipe Dalvik Cache
- Format /system and then flash the ROM and the rootfix.zip
-Then fix permissions

Hope it worked on you! Good luck !

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Xperia Miro, Tipo (Dual), J, E Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank