Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,856 Members 47,385 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

unlocking Orange UK Variant by flashing new rom ?

Tip us?

scott7saunders
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default unlocking Orange UK Variant by flashing new rom ?

Hey,

I am new to all this however can I ask if its possible to unlock my Xperia E handset which is Orange UK locked by flashing an unlocked firmware on the handset?

Is this possible or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Thanks

UltraGamerHD
Old
Thanks Meter 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott7saunders View Post
Hey,

I am new to all this however can I ask if its possible to unlock my Xperia E handset which is Orange UK locked by flashing an unlocked firmware on the handset?

Is this possible or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Thanks
Hi mate, I got my Xperia E from Orange UK Aswell, I am sorry to say it cannot be unlocked by simply flashing a rom. You can unlock it my going to phoneunlockserver.com and pay 10 to get it unlocked like I did. It is a much cheaper way than getting an unlock from orange that will cost you 25.

This way will also give you an unlocked bootloader meaning that you can install custom roms onto your phone!
My Device

Sony Xperia E (C1505)

Bootloader Status: Yes

ROM: Cyanogen Mod 11 (4.4.2)

NSDCars5
Old
Thanks Meter 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraGamerHD View Post
Hi mate, I got my Xperia E from Orange UK Aswell, I am sorry to say it cannot be unlocked by simply flashing a rom. You can unlock it my going to phoneunlockserver.com and pay 10 to get it unlocked like I did. It is a much cheaper way than getting an unlock from orange that will cost you 25.

This way will also give you an unlocked bootloader meaning that you can install custom roms onto your phone!
Hey, I think mentioning this tool was banned on XDA. Something about a forum member who'd been removed or something?
Insert really cool signature here...