5,594,221 Members 44,737 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

unlocking Orange UK Variant by flashing new rom ?

Tip us?

scott7saunders
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default unlocking Orange UK Variant by flashing new rom ?

Hey,

I am new to all this however can I ask if its possible to unlock my Xperia E handset which is Orange UK locked by flashing an unlocked firmware on the handset?

Is this possible or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Thanks

UltraGamerHD
Old
Thanks Meter 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott7saunders View Post
Hey,

I am new to all this however can I ask if its possible to unlock my Xperia E handset which is Orange UK locked by flashing an unlocked firmware on the handset?

Is this possible or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Thanks
Hi mate, I got my Xperia E from Orange UK Aswell, I am sorry to say it cannot be unlocked by simply flashing a rom. You can unlock it my going to phoneunlockserver.com and pay £10 to get it unlocked like I did. It is a much cheaper way than getting an unlock from orange that will cost you £25.

This way will also give you an unlocked bootloader meaning that you can install custom roms onto your phone!
My Device

Sony Xperia E (C1505)

Bootloader Status: Yes

ROM: Xboost

NSDCars5
Old
Thanks Meter 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraGamerHD View Post
Hi mate, I got my Xperia E from Orange UK Aswell, I am sorry to say it cannot be unlocked by simply flashing a rom. You can unlock it my going to phoneunlockserver.com and pay £10 to get it unlocked like I did. It is a much cheaper way than getting an unlock from orange that will cost you £25.

This way will also give you an unlocked bootloader meaning that you can install custom roms onto your phone!
Hey, I think mentioning this tool was banned on XDA. Something about a forum member who'd been removed or something?