Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,623 Members 50,631 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

wifi trouble

Tip us?

clocker-droid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default wifi trouble

im having some wifi trouble on my experia e when i turn wifi on it just stays at (searching for wifi networks and doesnt discover any ) can anyone forward me in the right direction to resolve this problem? thanks

MatsPunt
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 700

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by clocker-droid View Post
im having some wifi trouble on my experia e when i turn wifi on it just stays at (searching for wifi networks and doesnt discover any ) can anyone forward me in the right direction to resolve this problem? thanks
You're using a wrong kernel for your firmware. Flash the kernel of the firmware you are using or flash stock.

Mats

Sent from my C1505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

clocker-droid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatsPunt View Post
You're using a wrong kernel for your firmware. Flash the kernel of the firmware you are using or flash stock.

Mats

my kernel is administrator@ubuntu.scm03 what rom am i suppose to run with that? tried stock rom and wifi still just says searching for wireless networks i would use wifi alot on my fone when i have it

MatsPunt
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 700

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by clocker-droid View Post
my kernel is administrator@ubuntu.scm03 what rom am i suppose to run with that? tried stock rom and wifi still just says searching for wireless networks i would use wifi alot on my fone when i have it
Hmm. Yes, that's strange! So flashing the stock ROM doesn't work? Have you messed with your MAC address?

Mats

clocker-droid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatsPunt View Post
Hmm. Yes, that's strange! So flashing the stock ROM doesn't work? Have you messed with your MAC address?

Mats

yeah flashed generic stock rom for my phone and wifi still says searching for networks. i dont know how to mess with my mac address kinda of a noob in a sense lol btw thank you for replying