[Q] Xperia E Home button not working on CM10

Search This thread

NSDCars5

Feb 17, 2013
Over there
nsood.in
Hey. I seem to be having a lot of problems with CM10, but I really want to use it, so bear with me.

So I just installed FXP244 (CM10) onto my E, and everything is awesome - except for the fact that the home button doesn't work. Tapping it focuses the phone onto the topmost part of the screen (that is, in settings, it'll focus on WiFi, on the home screen, it'll focus on the search bar). I've installed the latest Gapps, and it works nicely in the jjm34 CM10, where WiFi doesn't work (with FXP kernel) or the battery gets stuck to 100% (jjm34 CM10 kernel).

I was thinking if there is a way to somehow port the button settings from the stock or jjm34 ROM.

FXP241 gives same results as FXP244.

Deadpool

Aug 17, 2013
Jodhpur
Hey. I seem to be having a lot of problems with CM10, but I really want to use it, so bear with me.

So I just installed FXP244 (CM10) onto my E, and everything is awesome - except for the fact that the home button doesn't work. Tapping it focuses the phone onto the topmost part of the screen (that is, in settings, it'll focus on WiFi, on the home screen, it'll focus on the search bar). I've installed the latest Gapps, and it works nicely in the jjm34 CM10, where WiFi doesn't work (with FXP kernel) or the battery gets stuck to 100% (jjm34 CM10 kernel).

I was thinking if there is a way to somehow port the button settings from the stock or jjm34 ROM.

Try wipe cache,dalvik cache,data etc.

Sent from my Xperia E dual using Tapatalk

Reactions: NSDCars5

Harold Finch

Dec 16, 2014
Home Button Issue

I've had the same problem and, spent hours trying to figure out how to fix. Turns out there's a much easier way to do it without having to flash anything again. Here's how to do it:

Use a file explorer (i used ES File Explorer) and go to /system/usr/keylayout and open a file called Generic.kl (Click on it > Open As > Text > ES Note Editor) , from here scroll down through the file until you find "key 102 MOVE_HOME" , simply delete "MOVE_" so it's left with "key 102 HOME" . Save the file and reboot the device. Now the home button should work.

*Yes, you do need your device to be rooted.*

instinctless

Sep 17, 2007
Hannover
pluto.blackbone-ev.de
I've had the same problem and, spent hours trying to figure out how to fix. Turns out there's a much easier way to do it without having to flash anything again. Here's how to do it:

Use a file explorer (i used ES File Explorer) and go to /system/usr/keylayout and open a file called Generic.kl (Click on it > Open As > Text > ES Note Editor) , from here scroll down through the file until you find "key 102 MOVE_HOME" , simply delete "MOVE_" so it's left with "key 102 HOME" . Save the file and reboot the device. Now the home button should work.

not working

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Home Button Issue

Try wipe cache,dalvik cache,data etc.

Sent from my Xperia E dual using Tapatalk
    Flash the rom again
    Faced same issue and flashing worked for me

Hit thanks if i helped