XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [Xperia j] CMW ''No files found''

Tip us?

Mr.2door
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] [Xperia j] CMW ''No files found''

Hey, i'm new to these forums and new to android tinkering indeed.

My phone is Xperia j and i was using .31 jb locked bl. My goal is to get .31 rooted and a ram file swap. I downgraded to 7.5. and rooted. After that i copied the .31 rooted zip to my sd card and my internal storage( sd card is class 10 8gb) and i installed CWM (exact version is cwm-sr13gx v6.0.2.7 as shown on my phone). After i run cwm from my phone and i try to "choose zip from card' i just get "no files found".

What am i doing wrong?

gavster26
Old
Thanks Meter 414

DONATE TO ME
Try going to "mounts & storage" and manualy mount sdcard then choose zip from sdcard

Creator Of AVD Rom The Way Stock Should Be
My PM Is Not Tech Support Please Post In The Relavent Thread

Mr.2door
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavster26 View Post
Try going to "mounts & storage" and manualy mount sdcard then choose zip from sdcard
I did try that but it the result was the same. I read your posts regarding this issue on a different thread. Well the ram usage is lower now that i am on 7.5 than .31 and i am rooted so i got that going for me. I will test it out more myself, but is 7.5 actually better( performance wise) than .31? I don't see any big ui improvments on .31. Thing is if i can't get CWM to work properly i won't be able to to a ram swap, or is there another way to do it?
Loads of question marks.

gavster26
Old
Thanks Meter 414

DONATE TO ME
I don't see why CWM won't read your sdcard that normaly only happens if the sd is lower than a class 4. try and reinstall CWM. for better performance i would recommend AVD rom it is the fastest stock based custom rom. when you say you want to swap ram what exactly do you mean.

Mr.2door
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
when you say you want to swap ram what exactly do you mean.
I want to create a extension on my sd card for my ram ( a swap file i understud it was called) like virtual memory on windows. I was going to install than rom later on( starting out on simpler things), but yeah i got stuck on the CWM issue.

gavster26
Old
Thanks Meter 414

DONATE TO ME
Thats not swapping ram its swapping dalvik cache and does not really make much difference and you need a kernel that supports swap which stock kernels don't bro. have you tried another sd in your phone and check that it is formatted as fat32.

Mr.2door
Old
(Last edited by Mr.2door; 7th December 2013 at 11:27 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Thats not swapping ram its swapping dalvik cache and does not really make much difference and you need a kernel that supports swap which stock kernels don't bro.
Oh snap!

Well that was a wasted friday night for me. If i can't do the ram extension thing then there's no point in keeping 7.5 root and i'll just go back to stock .31. Um, can i install games directly on my sd card w/o root?

Quote:
have you tried another sd in your phone and check that it is formatted as fat32.
Yes its fat32, i will try to install the AVD rom you made from another sd card, it sounds really good.

gavster26
Old
Thanks Meter 414

DONATE TO ME
you can move apps to your internal storage with native apps2sd but not all apps/games support it. if you want to root jb .31 then see here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2366577

Mr.2door
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
you can move apps to your internal storage with native apps2sd but not all apps/games support it. if you want to root jb .31 then see here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2366577
Thank you for the info, i'll get back with feedback.