Watch This Now!

[Q] Xperia tipo soft bricked - help

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
By Ramon Zarate, Junior Member on 16th March 2014, 06:42 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi all this is my first post in XDA forum. I messed up my tipo and dont know what to do.
Here's what happened:
I was being continually bugged by my friends to root and then install a custom rom on my tipo. They kept taking about how wonderful it would be and all that. so i went ahead and successfully rooted my phone. Then i installed Clockwork mod 6 and took back up of my current rom on the external SD card. Then i backed up the clockwork mod folder containing my backup on to the pc.
Then i downloaded PACman Rom complete with and and loaded them in sd card and then booted in to cwm and flashed the rom. I got the finished message and rebooted but got stuck at the sony icon and would go no further. i then decided to go back to the orignal backup i had taken. i again booted in to cwm and tried the back up it said md5 mismatched. i googled it and came up with procedure to fix error using SDK tool and managed to remove the old nanadriod.md5 and write a new nandroid.md5 in the backup which fixed the md5 mis match error.
I again started the recovery from backup and got past md5 mismatch error, it loaded boot.img successfully and got stuck at loading the system file.
i tried several times but still the same. then i tried rebooting to try it again and i cannot go into cwm again. and neither can it boot up because the system image didnot load fully. it doent even show the orignal bootmenu before rooting. i am stuck and dont know what to do. please help.
16th March 2014, 07:34 AM |#2  
Flag Patna/Bihar/India
Thanks Meter: 69
flash original firmware
just flash the original .ftf firmware files
The Following User Says Thank You to slogger001 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th March 2014, 08:21 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Originally Posted by slogger001

just flash the original .ftf firmware files

Thanks a lot for your reply.
could you please tell me the procedure to do it?
16th March 2014, 04:05 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Hey buddy

i did it. i did it. i flashed the firm ware and bingo phone is up and running. ... and i learned something new from you guys.. slogger001 and cvetko_a you guys are the best.

many many thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread