Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Question [Q] [E dual] Ares kernel on 11.3.A.2.1?

OP BolintsMiki

28th April 2014, 05:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Keszthely, Hungary
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Hello!

I have got a question: Is Ares kernel (http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...mware-t2688868) working on 11.3.A.2.1 firmware?
Can somebody confirm it? And do I need to unlock bootloader for this to work or I can use fastboot? Can somebody give me installation instructions?
Or if it is not working, can I overclock somehow?

I am a bit newbie to android, so sorry if I gave You a dumb question. Also I'm Hungarian, so if my English isn't correct sorry.

Thanks in advance,
Miklós
Last edited by BolintsMiki; 28th April 2014 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Another questions given.
28th April 2014, 07:29 PM   |  #2  
NSDCars5's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Over there
Thanks Meter: 425
 
1,107 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Ares works on 2.1, but don't use it. Use Zeus instead - it works too, and it's got more features than Ares does.
The Following User Says Thank You to NSDCars5 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2014, 07:45 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Keszthely, Hungary
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Smile Will it work on Dual Sim?
Thank you for your quick reply!

I have some questions: Will Zeus Kernel work on Dual Sim? It doesn't mention it on the forum.
Is it neccesary to unlock bootloader? If not, can You give me instructions to install it without bootloader unlock (I read somewhere that it can be done via fastboot, without unlocking bootloader, is this method working)? Do it have bugs?


Thanks,
Miklós
Last edited by BolintsMiki; 28th April 2014 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Another questions, grammar error.
29th April 2014, 12:58 PM   |  #4  
NSDCars5's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Over there
Thanks Meter: 425
 
1,107 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BolintsMiki

Thank you for your quick reply!

I have some questions: Will Zeus Kernel work on Dual Sim? It doesn't mention it on the forum.
Is it neccesary to unlock bootloader? If not, can You give me instructions to install it without bootloader unlock (I read somewhere that it can be done via fastboot, without unlocking bootloader, is this method working)? Do it have bugs?


Thanks,
Miklós

Yes, it works on dual SIM. I think @Ryshic12 confirmed that.

Bootloader unlock is required. Fastboot doesn't work till you unlock your bootloader. Sorry.

No bugs with the kernel - it's awesome.
The Following User Says Thank You to NSDCars5 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2014, 02:12 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Keszthely, Hungary
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Angry Thank You!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSDCars5

Yes, it works on dual SIM. I think @Ryshic12 confirmed that.

Bootloader unlock is required. Fastboot doesn't work till you unlock your bootloader. Sorry.

No bugs with the kernel - it's awesome.

Thank You!

I'm really happy about it: My first Droid was a Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 - OC'd from 800 MHz to 1024 MHz. It was only usable with CyanogenMod...
Now my second device - a XPERIA E Dual - OC'd from 1000 MHz to 1500 MHz! WOW!

It is pretty darn fast compared to the previous clock speed!

Thank You (I've clicked it too )!

PS.: For the BootLoader Unlock: I read an article about relocking a device...
Last edited by BolintsMiki; 29th April 2014 at 02:18 PM. Reason: More Thx :)
29th April 2014, 05:56 PM   |  #6  
NSDCars5's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Over there
Thanks Meter: 425
 
1,107 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BolintsMiki

Thank You!

I'm really happy about it: My first Droid was a Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 - OC'd from 800 MHz to 1024 MHz. It was only usable with CyanogenMod...
Now my second device - a XPERIA E Dual - OC'd from 1000 MHz to 1500 MHz! WOW!

It is pretty darn fast compared to the previous clock speed!

Thank You (I've clicked it too )!

PS.: For the BootLoader Unlock: I read an article about relocking a device...

Awesome. Thanks for the thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to NSDCars5 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th May 2014, 04:48 PM   |  #7  
Ryshic12's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag X:\Earth\Asia\India\Assam\Guwahati
Thanks Meter: 50
 
161 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BolintsMiki

Hello!

I have got a question: Is Ares kernel (http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...mware-t2688868) working on 11.3.A.2.1 firmware?
Can somebody confirm it? And do I need to unlock bootloader for this to work or I can use fastboot? Can somebody give me installation instructions?
Or if it is not working, can I overclock somehow?

I am a bit newbie to android, so sorry if I gave You a dumb question. Also I'm Hungarian, so if my English isn't correct sorry.

Thanks in advance,
Miklós

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSDCars5

Yes, it works on dual SIM. I think @Ryshic12 confirmed that.

Bootloader unlock is required. Fastboot doesn't work till you unlock your bootloader. Sorry.

No bugs with the kernel - it's awesome.

I did confirm it. I used my Xperia E Dual C1604. BUT I used it on 11.3.A.1.39 Firmware. Not 11.3.A.2.1
The Following User Says Thank You to Ryshic12 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th May 2014, 04:49 PM   |  #8  
NSDCars5's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Over there
Thanks Meter: 425
 
1,107 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryshic12

I did confirm it. I used my Xperia E Dual C1604. BUT I used it on 11.3.A.1.39 Firmware. Not 11.3.A.2.1

I'm using V1.1 on stock 2.23 right now, so it probably works.
The Following User Says Thank You to NSDCars5 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th May 2014, 06:11 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Flag Keszthely, Hungary
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryshic12

I did confirm it. I used my Xperia E Dual C1604. BUT I used it on 11.3.A.1.39 Firmware. Not 11.3.A.2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSDCars5

I'm using V1.1 on stock 2.23 right now, so it probably works.

Yes, it is working! Thank you! I'm using it with NoZ rom and Adreno 200 tweaks and using the Bravia Engine hack, I modded a BE3/X-Reality semi-working build for my device. I wanted to use CM 10, but since the video recording isn't working I will not install it... Or does this device have a CM with fully working camera and GSM, WiFi, BlueTooth, etc.?

Thanks,
Miklós from Hungary.
20th May 2014, 06:56 PM   |  #10  
NSDCars5's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Over there
Thanks Meter: 425
 
1,107 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BolintsMiki

Yes, it is working! Thank you! I'm using it with NoZ rom and Adreno 200 tweaks and using the Bravia Engine hack, I modded a BE3/X-Reality semi-working build for my device. I wanted to use CM 10, but since the video recording isn't working I will not install it... Or does this device have a CM with fully working camera and GSM, WiFi, BlueTooth, etc.?

Thanks,
Miklós from Hungary.

Nice to hear everything is working!

Yeah, video recording doesn't work in CM10 - in any CM10.

The Following User Says Thank You to NSDCars5 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes