Originally Posted by MatsPunt
I'd love to try but my laptop has a 32bit chip... I can install Ubuntu X64, but it lags really, really, hard.
It has a 2 gHz Intel i3 processor and 2 GB RAM.
Anyone might know a way to reduce the lag? Probably not, but I might as well ask...
But at least you are doing an awesome job!
Sent from Mars
are you sure your laptop is core i3? all core-i series intel CPUs (except Atom) can handle 64-bit computation.
i have old laptop with Pentium Dual-Core T4300, 2 Gigs of RAM, still lagless on ubuntu 12.04 LTS, took 15 minutes to build kernel from source.
For anyone who new in Android development, i suggests you to visit this pages:
- [Guide] How to use Github http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1877040
- Learn about the repo tool , manifests and local manifests and 5 important tips http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2329228
- Omni ROM have good documentation for Setting Up A Compile Environment depends on your OS(es) http://docs.omnirom.org/Setting_Up_A...le_Environment
My Github Page
- Motorola DROID 2 (droid2) - 4.0.4 LiquidSmooth
- ZTE Blade GEN2 (blade) - 4.4.2 CM
- SEMC Xperia X10 Mini (robyn) - 4.4.2 OMNIROM (WIP)
- hTC Explorer (pico) - 4.4.2 Beanstalk
Sony Xperia J (jlo) - 4.4.2 -> 4.1.2 Stock ROM (belong to my dad right now)
- SEMC Xperia Arc S (anzu) - 4.4.2 AOKP
- Motorola DROID RAZR M (xt907) - 4.4.2 CM
- Motorola Xoom (umts_Everest) - 4.4.2 OMNIROM
- Samsung Galaxy Tab2 10.1 (p5100) - 4.4.2 MokeeOS