5,593,248 Members 32,830 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[REQ] SystemUI for Xperia E

Tip us?
 
D-eject
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 11
Join Date: Apr 2014
Lightbulb [REQ] SystemUI for Xperia E

Hi, everyone! I don't know if I am doing this right but here it goes...

I have a Xperia E, and I am so, but so done of that green battery that is useless and even don't tell me the percentage of remaining battery!
I flashed to ICS and modded the SystemUI, it was an awesome mod, with transparency and battery's percentage.
Why I changed again to JB? Because of better compatibility with apps (more recent) and a sudden hope that Sony will launch a new update.

So recently I had an idea, but my knowledge about apks is very low and I don't know how to program Java and XML languages.

I installed an app, GravityBox, that do the job, but it occupy RAM and CPU time.

If there is someone interested on this and want to do, teach or help, please tell because it will benefit everyone and maybe people will understand how Android works and maybe it will work like an introduction to modding.

First of all is the percentage, if possible I wanted to look like the screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-13-13-56-00.png
Views:	384
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	2683718  
 
MayankXperiaE
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bhilai
I'm interested 2 if someone can teach or guide,refer.
 
Grimlock007
Old
#3  
Grimlock007's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 170
Posts: 736
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Cybertron
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-eject View Post
Hi, everyone! I don't know if I am doing this right but here it goes...

I have a Xperia E, and I am so, but so done of that green battery that is useless and even don't tell me the percentage of remaining battery!
I flashed to ICS and modded the SystemUI, it was an awesome mod, with transparency and battery's percentage.
Why I changed again to JB? Because of better compatibility with apps (more recent) and a sudden hope that Sony will launch a new update.

So recently I had an idea, but my knowledge about apks is very low and I don't know how to program Java and XML languages.

I installed an app, GravityBox, that do the job, but it occupy RAM and CPU time.

If there is someone interested on this and want to do, teach or help, please tell because it will benefit everyone and maybe people will understand how Android works and maybe it will work like an introduction to modding.

First of all is the percentage, if possible I wanted to look like the screenshot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MayankXperiaE View Post
I'm interested 2 if someone can teach or guide,refer.

Even i was planning to get into it ...i left since i don't have time anymore..

check this guide .... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2203166
and yeah ...dont come to me with doubts ...i have no idea about it
XPERIA ZR,Ess
Scarlet & Hawkeye!!!
 

The Following User Says Thank You to Grimlock007 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
D-eject
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 11
Join Date: Apr 2014
Thumbs up SistemUI for Xperia E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimlock007 View Post
Even i was planning to get into it ...i left since i don't have time anymore..

check this guide .... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2203166
and yeah ...dont come to me with doubts ...i have no idea about it
Thanks @Grimlock007 I'll read it and probably do it, since I am not afraid of flashing the phone. XD
 
Grimlock007
Old
#5  
Grimlock007's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 170
Posts: 736
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Cybertron
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-eject View Post
Thanks @Grimlock007 I'll read it and probably do it, since I am not afraid of flashing the phone. XD
there's no risk anyways...since your just editing the apk's ....(worst that could happen is 'no system ui ')
if you were tweaking kernels and that sort of stuff it would be risky...
OK good luck!
XPERIA ZR,Ess
Scarlet & Hawkeye!!!
 

The Following User Says Thank You to Grimlock007 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
D-eject
Old
(Last edited by D-eject; Yesterday at 08:17 PM.)
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 11
Join Date: Apr 2014
Battery Low Begining SystemUI

So I started doing the battery icons, more like the screenshots, but now I have a doubt, if someone knows this please reply.

When I installed GravityBox the percentage does not change size, I mean the font size, and for this the icons should be bigger that the actual 21x18 pixels.

Now I am at the 36% icon, possibly I can do all icons today and compile to .apk again.
I'll do the tests to not endanger other equipments.
 
D-eject
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 11
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default SystemUI testing

I have good and bad news.

The good is it worked once but with fails, don't ask me why because I don't know, I just followed the TUT.

The bad is that I got this "New Android Interface".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014_04_15_21.26.09.png
Views:	6
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	2688512  

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes