[DEV][C2105][Kernel][TWRP]Compiling Sony Kernel Sources for Kitkat

Search This thread

KillerKink

Sep 29, 2010
He mean wlan.ko from /system/lib/modules if im not wrong :)

there is only 1 proprietary binary wlan.ko that all kitkat rom use as far as I know. nothing to do with the kernel. As I have said this is a kernel thread for kernel developer and not a thread to solve rom issue.

Anyone who want to have a full experience need to work out from source in the first post or else wait for the rom to be release. Everything that you need is in the first post, for those who cant do it will have to wait.

siankatabg

Recognized Developer
Sep 9, 2012
there is only 1 proprietary binary wlan.ko that all kitkat rom use as far as I know. nothing to do with the kernel. As I have said this is a kernel thread for kernel developer and not a thread to solve rom issue.

Anyone who want to have a full experience need to work out from source in the first post or else wait for the rom to be release. Everything that you need is in the first post, for those who cant do it will have to wait.

Ye its one,because they all use one kernel,but if you brand the kernel or update version or so on,you will need new wlan :) Because of that he ask for the module.

icoolguy1995

Jun 22, 2012
HARDA

You need new wlan modules which comes after compiling kernel. And yes this thread is not for solving rom issue but this is related to vermagic mismatch cause between kernel and modules, due to vermagic mismatch kernel is not able to load that module and hence wifi didnt work, although i am not sure that it is right cause.

Shivam Kuchhal

Dec 1, 2012
New Delhi
You need new wlan modules which comes after compiling kernel. And yes this thread is not for solving rom issue but this is related to vermagic mismatch cause between kernel and modules, due to vermagic mismatch kernel is not able to load that module and hence wifi didnt work, although i am not sure that it is right cause.

Modules provided with every Kitkat rom here are compatible with our kernels. Tested them myself. These people must have derped something related to wlan.ko that's why their wifi isn't working. They can extract wifi module from any Kitkat rom and place it properly to make wifi work. :)

KillerKink

Sep 29, 2010

the wlan.ko from sony aosp work just fine. what sure what you mean. there is no need to recompile. perhaps it might be easier for you to help him if you have experience it first hand.

icoolguy1995

Jun 22, 2012
HARDA
the wlan.ko from sony aosp work just fine. what sure what you mean. there is no need to recompile. perhaps it might be easier for you to help him if you have experience it first hand.
I know most of time it works well without any issue. I am not sure because i haven't seen the logs when wifi didn't start thats why i told.

vishal_android freak

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Dec 30, 2012
Mumbai
You guys checked libhardware.so? That also contains wifi related stuff.. For eg., Omni needs lot of patching stuff.. I'll look into the sources.. Sometimes the issue might not be kernel related.. You never know until you see the logs and kmesg :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

KillerKink

Sep 29, 2010
You guys checked libhardware.so? That also contains wifi related stuff.. For eg., Omni needs lot of patching stuff.. I'll look into the sources.. Sometimes the issue might not be kernel related.. You never know until you see the logs and kmesg :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Wifi is working fine for me.

For those of you with wifi issue, make sure that you are on stock rom 15.3.A.x.x

Extracted from Sony opensource

Most of the AOSP for Xperia L device configurations are cloned from the official Xperia L software version 15.3.A.0.x, so please make sure that you upgrade the phone software to, for example 15.3.A.0.26, before flashing the AOSP for Xperia L images, or certain functions like WiFi may not work.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am very interested in porting Xperia L to OmniRom and had starting work on it. The kitkat sources is already available anyway(see here). Compiling it is easy, just follow the instructions. I now have a working kitkat rom which unfortunately seem to have a serious bug of unable to go into deep sleep(dropped >40% over a night).

I have started work on the kernel sources and wish to invite all developers who are interested to work together. :)

For those of you with wifi issue, make sure that you are on stock rom 15.3.A.x.x

Extracted from Sony opensource

Most of the AOSP for Xperia L device configurations are cloned from the official Xperia L software version 15.3.A.0.x, so please make sure that you upgrade the phone software to, for example 15.3.A.0.26, before flashing the AOSP for Xperia L images, or certain functions like WiFi may not work.

Known issues/workaround:
    1. There are some missing KLOG information that prevent building of the kernel( fix by disabling CCI_KLOG)
    2. Deep sleep issue seem to be caused by wait_for_irsc_completion timeout(workaround by disabling
    MSM_IPC_ROUTER_SECURITY)
    3. Enable reboot recovery

Sources
    Kernel 3.4 from Sony
    Github version by me

Modified from Holofied Red Holo Theme (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2405512)
    Count me in for starters... I'm very interested in getting this done as well.. :)

Sent from my C2104 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    DSC_0097.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    UPDATE:

Deep sleep issue seem to be caused by wait_for_irsc_completion timeout(workaround by disabling MSM_IPC_ROUTER_SECURITY)
    Count me IN

Count me in PM me more info your status and are you planing to make CAF based kernel ?
    Heres's my GitHUB Account : Navneet-Suresh