Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,360 Members 49,676 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DEV][C2105][Kernel][TWRP]Compiling Sony Kernel Sources for Kitkat

Tip us?

KillerKink
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by nandroidz View Post
Where to find the boot.img(didn't find in the first post)
and will flashing the kernel fix thee deep sleep issue???

Thanx in Advance
I wont be releasing any boot.img until TWRP and Omnirom is ready. In the meantime, you can try out the kernel from @The Dark Knight

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=180
The Following User Says Thank You to KillerKink For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

icoolguy1995
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,217

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKink View Post
there is only 1 proprietary binary wlan.ko that all kitkat rom use as far as I know. nothing to do with the kernel. As I have said this is a kernel thread for kernel developer and not a thread to solve rom issue.

Anyone who want to have a full experience need to work out from source in the first post or else wait for the rom to be release. Everything that you need is in the first post, for those who cant do it will have to wait.
You need new wlan modules which comes after compiling kernel. And yes this thread is not for solving rom issue but this is related to vermagic mismatch cause between kernel and modules, due to vermagic mismatch kernel is not able to load that module and hence wifi didnt work, although i am not sure that it is right cause.
Devices which I supports
╬ Sony xperia M ╬ Sony xperia E ╬

My Works
Code:
Error not found
If you like my work consider a donation, or else hit the thanks button.

Shivam Kuchhal
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by icoolguy1995 View Post
You need new wlan modules which comes after compiling kernel. And yes this thread is not for solving rom issue but this is related to vermagic mismatch cause between kernel and modules, due to vermagic mismatch kernel is not able to load that module and hence wifi didnt work, although i am not sure that it is right cause.
Modules provided with every Kitkat rom here are compatible with our kernels. Tested them myself. These people must have derped something related to wlan.ko that's why their wifi isn't working. They can extract wifi module from any Kitkat rom and place it properly to make wifi work.
Haters gonna hate
Software is like sex: it's better when it's free : Linus Torvalds

Works:
Phantom Kernel for Moto G
Phantom Kernel for Xperia L
Phantom Kernel for Moto E
Mokee OS or Xperia L

Daily use devices:
Moto G
Asus Nexus 7

Devices owned by family members:
Moto E
Xiaomi Mi3
Xiaomi Redmi 1S
Nokia Lumia 525

Facebook Community of Motorola Moto E: Motorola Moto E : Development and Discussion

KillerKink
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by icoolguy1995 View Post
the wlan.ko from sony aosp work just fine. what sure what you mean. there is no need to recompile. perhaps it might be easier for you to help him if you have experience it first hand.

icoolguy1995
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,217

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKink View Post
the wlan.ko from sony aosp work just fine. what sure what you mean. there is no need to recompile. perhaps it might be easier for you to help him if you have experience it first hand.
I know most of time it works well without any issue. I am not sure because i haven't seen the logs when wifi didn't start thats why i told.
Devices which I supports
╬ Sony xperia M ╬ Sony xperia E ╬

My Works
Code:
Error not found
If you like my work consider a donation, or else hit the thanks button.

vishal_android freak
Old
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4,767
You guys checked libhardware.so? That also contains wifi related stuff.. For eg., Omni needs lot of patching stuff.. I'll look into the sources.. Sometimes the issue might not be kernel related.. You never know until you see the logs and kmesg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

My ROMs

| Pure Xperia HD, Official Carbon Rom 4.4.2, Unofficial Omni Rom 4.4.2, AOKP-4.4.2, Unofficial HellKat 4.4.2, Carbon Rom 4.3.1, Dark Xperia |

My Guides and Tools

| All in one drivers guide for ubislate tabs, CWM recovery for a13 tabs |

My kernel

| Super Fusion kernel for all HDPI devices |

Devices I Support

| All 2011 Xperias , Xperia M , Lg p760 and p765, Xperia Tipo, Xperia L |

KillerKink
Old
(Last edited by KillerKink; 20th February 2014 at 12:44 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishal_android freak View Post
You guys checked libhardware.so? That also contains wifi related stuff.. For eg., Omni needs lot of patching stuff.. I'll look into the sources.. Sometimes the issue might not be kernel related.. You never know until you see the logs and kmesg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Wifi is working fine for me.

For those of you with wifi issue, make sure that you are on stock rom 15.3.A.x.x

Extracted from Sony opensource

Most of the AOSP for Xperia L device configurations are cloned from the official Xperia L software version 15.3.A.0.x, so please make sure that you upgrade the phone software to, for example 15.3.A.0.26, before flashing the AOSP for Xperia L images, or certain functions like WiFi may not work.

KillerKink
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
UPDATE: Allow software reboot into recovery

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KillerKink For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]