[KERNEL][Test] KitKat [Fixed Internal SD][TWRP flash from Internal SD]

OP siankatabg

23rd March 2014, 09:11 AM   |  #11  
Flag Somewhere in Hell
Thanks Meter: 32

89 posts
More
Thanks bro Great work!
But isnt there a way to mount the internal storage as the 'REAL' internal storage
i mean make it the storage where we install apps and games and place game data etc !
23rd March 2014, 09:31 AM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 573

456 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me_Shazzy

Thanks bro Great work!
But isnt there a way to mount the internal storage as the 'REAL' internal storage
i mean make it the storage where we install apps and games and place game data etc !

It is mounted as the real sdcard.I'm using it since one week for apps and games without problems.

But don't use this kernel, I got permissions from varun to add my fix to ThunderZap kernel.Go to official TZ kernel thread and you will find link.

Sent from my C2105 using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1395559560618.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	2645258  
The Following User Says Thank You to siankatabg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd March 2014, 11:16 AM   |  #13  
Flag Somewhere in Hell
Thanks Meter: 32

89 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by siankatabg

It is mounted as the real sdcard.I'm using it since one week for apps and games without problems.

But don't use this kernel, I got permissions from varun to add my fix to ThunderZap kernel.Go to official TZ kernel thread and you will find link.

Sent from my C2105 using xda app-developers app

Thanks~
23rd March 2014, 02:46 PM   |  #14  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bijnor, Uttar Pradesh
Thanks Meter: 1,462

828 posts
More
Quote:

Test kernel 2. Changed mount point and fuse to /mnt/media_rw/sdcard0 ,so now you need to move files from there to /mnt/media_rw/sdcard0/0
If you moved them on the previous kernel you dont need to do that again.This needs to be done once on the first use of my fix.

Download here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5c...-kk-twrp-2.img

P.S.- Terminal command is same,just use "cd /mnt/media_rw/sdcard0"

I forgot to say that you can wipe /data without problems now.

Can you update first post with updated commands now please? I am trying out this fix in my kernel right now. Thanks.

EDIT:
@siankatabg
I typed these commands, are they correct?
Code:
su
cd /mnt/media_rw/sdcard0
mv !(0|legacy|obb) 0
Last edited by Shivam Kuchhal; 23rd March 2014 at 03:44 PM.
23rd March 2014, 03:42 PM   |  #15  
OP Senior Member

456 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivam Kuchhal

Can you update first post with updated commands now please? I am trying out this fix in my kernel right now. Thanks.

I updated this fix in thunderzap kernel again.Moved mount from fstab to init.sony.rc.Here is what you need to add:

on init add this:
mkdir /mnt/media_rw/sdcard0 0700 media_rw media_rw
on fs,after mount_all fstab.sony add this:
# Mount internal SDcard partition.
wait /dev/block/mmcblk0p32
mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p32 /mnt/media_rw/sdcard0 rw wait
and on sdcard service,change them to this:
service sdcard /system/bin/sdcard -u 1023 -g 1023 -l /mnt/media_rw/sdcard0 /mnt/shell/emulated
class late_start
disabled

service fuse_sdcard1 /system/bin/sdcard -u 1023 -g 1023 -d /mnt/media_rw/sdcard1 /storage/sdcard1
class late_start
disabled

Im adding init.sony.rc here,so you can compare it with stock one and see whats changed in better way.

And the commands for terminal are:
su
cd /mnt/media_rw/sdcard0
mv !(0|legacy|obb) 0

P.S.- Just rename the file.

Quote:

EDIT:
@siankatabg
I typed these commands, are they correct?

Code:
su
cd /mnt/media_rw/sdcard0
mv !(0|legacy|obb) 0

Yes.If you see all your SD files in /sdcard,all is good.

P.S.2- One more thing.You can swap internal and external SD with simple edit on sdcard service:

service sdcard /system/bin/sdcard -u 1023 -g 1023 -l /mnt/media_rw/sdcard1 /mnt/shell/emulated
class late_start
disabled

service fuse_sdcard1 /system/bin/sdcard -u 1023 -g 1023 -d /mnt/media_rw/sdcard0 /storage/sdcard1
class late_start
disabled
Attached Files
File Type: c init.sony.rc.c - [Click for QR Code] (22.5 KB, 28 views)
Last edited by siankatabg; 23rd March 2014 at 03:51 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to siankatabg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd March 2014, 04:46 PM   |  #16  
Recognized Contributor

828 posts
More
Quote:

I updated this fix in thunderzap kernel again.Moved mount from fstab to init.sony.rc.

I don't want to swap
And I must say you've done an awesome job in this method. Can you tell me for what is the 1.5gb partition is used now? I mean the partition which was previously mounted as sdcard0
Last edited by Shivam Kuchhal; 23rd March 2014 at 04:48 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shivam Kuchhal For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd March 2014, 05:45 PM   |  #17  
OP Senior Member

456 posts
More
Quote:

I don't want to swap
And I must say you've done an awesome job in this method. Can you tell me for what is the 1.5gb partition is used now? I mean the partition which was previously mounted as sdcard0

For nothing i think./data/media is part of /data,so when now its empty this space will be used for your installed apps,libs and so on in /data.
26th March 2014, 09:59 AM   |  #18  
Recognized Contributor

828 posts
More
Quote:

For nothing i think./data/media is part of /data,so when now its empty this space will be used for your installed apps,libs and so on in /data.

I need bit of your help here bro.
I'm using this method and I can see my files under sdcard0/0 but the problem is that I copied some data under Android/obb folder for paying a game. After I went to sdcard0 through es file explorer shortcuts, I failed to delete obb folder but when I went to sdcard0 by navigating to mnt/media_rw/sdcard0/0. It deleted successfully. Is there any reason? The game for which I copied the data for also kept force closing. Also when I type those commands that you gave for moving data, they keep giving me errors like TWRP isn't empty and no such file or directory.
26th March 2014, 11:40 AM   |  #19  
N/A
Thanks Meter: 1,297

980 posts
Quote:

I need bit of your help here bro.
I'm using this method and I can see my files under sdcard0/0 but the problem is that I copied some data under Android/obb folder for paying a game. After I went to sdcard0 through es file explorer shortcuts, I failed to delete obb folder but when I went to sdcard0 by navigating to mnt/media_rw/sdcard0/0. It deleted successfully. Is there any reason? The game for which I copied the data for also kept force closing. Also when I type those commands that you gave for moving data, they keep giving me errors like TWRP isn't empty and no such file or directory.

I already stated on how to mount obb directory correctly in TZ kernel thread. Take a look at this post.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=724

Sent from my Xperia SP using Tapatalk 2

The Following User Says Thank You to ZN6 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread