Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,559 Members 41,184 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL][Test] KitKat [Fixed Internal SD][TWRP flash from Internal SD]

Tip us?
 
Me_Shazzy
Old
#11  
Me_Shazzy's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 32
Posts: 89
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Somewhere in Hell
Thanks bro Great work!
But isnt there a way to mount the internal storage as the 'REAL' internal storage
i mean make it the storage where we install apps and games and place game data etc !
“When someone says, "I want a programming
language in which I need only say what I want
done," give him a lollipop.…!
 
siankatabg
Old
#12  
siankatabg's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 536
Posts: 420
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me_Shazzy View Post
Thanks bro Great work!
But isnt there a way to mount the internal storage as the 'REAL' internal storage
i mean make it the storage where we install apps and games and place game data etc !
It is mounted as the real sdcard.I'm using it since one week for apps and games without problems.

But don't use this kernel, I got permissions from varun to add my fix to ThunderZap kernel.Go to official TZ kernel thread and you will find link.

Sent from my C2105 using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1395559560618.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	2645258  
My works:
CM10/MiUiv5 3.4.x kernel for ARC/S and NEO/V
The Following User Says Thank You to siankatabg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Me_Shazzy
Old
#13  
Me_Shazzy's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 32
Posts: 89
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Somewhere in Hell
Quote:
Originally Posted by siankatabg View Post
It is mounted as the real sdcard.I'm using it since one week for apps and games without problems.

But don't use this kernel, I got permissions from varun to add my fix to ThunderZap kernel.Go to official TZ kernel thread and you will find link.

Sent from my C2105 using xda app-developers app
Thanks~
“When someone says, "I want a programming
language in which I need only say what I want
done," give him a lollipop.…!
 
Shivam Kuchhal
Old
(Last edited by Shivam Kuchhal; 23rd March 2014 at 02:44 PM.)
#14  
Shivam Kuchhal's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,039
Posts: 669
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bijnor, Uttar Pradesh
Quote:
Originally Posted by siankatabg View Post
Test kernel 2. Changed mount point and fuse to /mnt/media_rw/sdcard0 ,so now you need to move files from there to /mnt/media_rw/sdcard0/0
If you moved them on the previous kernel you dont need to do that again.This needs to be done once on the first use of my fix.

Download here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5c...-kk-twrp-2.img

P.S.- Terminal command is same,just use "cd /mnt/media_rw/sdcard0"

I forgot to say that you can wipe /data without problems now.
Can you update first post with updated commands now please? I am trying out this fix in my kernel right now. Thanks.

EDIT:
@siankatabg
I typed these commands, are they correct?
Code:
su
cd /mnt/media_rw/sdcard0
mv !(0|legacy|obb) 0
Haters gonna hate
Software is like sex: it's better when it's free : Linus Torvalds


Maintainer of Phantom Kernel for Moto G, Sony Xperia L and Moto E

Moto G: Stock, Phantom Kernel
Sony Xperia L: AOSPA, Phantom Kernel
Moto E: Stock, Phantom Kernel
Asus Nexus 7: Rastakat, franco kernel
Xiaomi Mi3: Stock

Facebook Community of Motorola Moto E: Motorola Moto E : Development and Discussion

 
siankatabg
Old
(Last edited by siankatabg; 23rd March 2014 at 02:51 PM.)
#15  
siankatabg's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 536
Posts: 420
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivam Kuchhal View Post
Can you update first post with updated commands now please? I am trying out this fix in my kernel right now. Thanks.
I updated this fix in thunderzap kernel again.Moved mount from fstab to init.sony.rc.Here is what you need to add:

on init add this:
mkdir /mnt/media_rw/sdcard0 0700 media_rw media_rw
on fs,after mount_all fstab.sony add this:
# Mount internal SDcard partition.
wait /dev/block/mmcblk0p32
mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p32 /mnt/media_rw/sdcard0 rw wait
and on sdcard service,change them to this:
service sdcard /system/bin/sdcard -u 1023 -g 1023 -l /mnt/media_rw/sdcard0 /mnt/shell/emulated
class late_start
disabled

service fuse_sdcard1 /system/bin/sdcard -u 1023 -g 1023 -d /mnt/media_rw/sdcard1 /storage/sdcard1
class late_start
disabled


Im adding init.sony.rc here,so you can compare it with stock one and see whats changed in better way.

And the commands for terminal are:
su
cd /mnt/media_rw/sdcard0
mv !(0|legacy|obb) 0

P.S.- Just rename the file.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivam Kuchhal View Post

EDIT:
@siankatabg
I typed these commands, are they correct?
Code:
su
cd /mnt/media_rw/sdcard0
mv !(0|legacy|obb) 0
Yes.If you see all your SD files in /sdcard,all is good.

P.S.2- One more thing.You can swap internal and external SD with simple edit on sdcard service:

service sdcard /system/bin/sdcard -u 1023 -g 1023 -l /mnt/media_rw/sdcard1 /mnt/shell/emulated
class late_start
disabled

service fuse_sdcard1 /system/bin/sdcard -u 1023 -g 1023 -d /mnt/media_rw/sdcard0 /storage/sdcard1
class late_start
disabled
Attached Files
File Type: c init.sony.rc.c - [Click for QR Code] (22.5 KB, 24 views)
My works:
CM10/MiUiv5 3.4.x kernel for ARC/S and NEO/V
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to siankatabg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Shivam Kuchhal
Old
(Last edited by Shivam Kuchhal; 23rd March 2014 at 03:48 PM.)
#16  
Shivam Kuchhal's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,039
Posts: 669
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bijnor, Uttar Pradesh
Quote:
Originally Posted by siankatabg View Post
I updated this fix in thunderzap kernel again.Moved mount from fstab to init.sony.rc.
I don't want to swap
And I must say you've done an awesome job in this method. Can you tell me for what is the 1.5gb partition is used now? I mean the partition which was previously mounted as sdcard0
Haters gonna hate
Software is like sex: it's better when it's free : Linus Torvalds


Maintainer of Phantom Kernel for Moto G, Sony Xperia L and Moto E

Moto G: Stock, Phantom Kernel
Sony Xperia L: AOSPA, Phantom Kernel
Moto E: Stock, Phantom Kernel
Asus Nexus 7: Rastakat, franco kernel
Xiaomi Mi3: Stock

Facebook Community of Motorola Moto E: Motorola Moto E : Development and Discussion

The Following User Says Thank You to Shivam Kuchhal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
siankatabg
Old
#17  
siankatabg's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 536
Posts: 420
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivam Kuchhal View Post
I don't want to swap
And I must say you've done an awesome job in this method. Can you tell me for what is the 1.5gb partition is used now? I mean the partition which was previously mounted as sdcard0
For nothing i think./data/media is part of /data,so when now its empty this space will be used for your installed apps,libs and so on in /data.
My works:
CM10/MiUiv5 3.4.x kernel for ARC/S and NEO/V
 
Shivam Kuchhal
Old
#18  
Shivam Kuchhal's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,039
Posts: 669
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bijnor, Uttar Pradesh
Quote:
Originally Posted by siankatabg View Post
For nothing i think./data/media is part of /data,so when now its empty this space will be used for your installed apps,libs and so on in /data.
I need bit of your help here bro.
I'm using this method and I can see my files under sdcard0/0 but the problem is that I copied some data under Android/obb folder for paying a game. After I went to sdcard0 through es file explorer shortcuts, I failed to delete obb folder but when I went to sdcard0 by navigating to mnt/media_rw/sdcard0/0. It deleted successfully. Is there any reason? The game for which I copied the data for also kept force closing. Also when I type those commands that you gave for moving data, they keep giving me errors like TWRP isn't empty and no such file or directory.
Haters gonna hate
Software is like sex: it's better when it's free : Linus Torvalds


Maintainer of Phantom Kernel for Moto G, Sony Xperia L and Moto E

Moto G: Stock, Phantom Kernel
Sony Xperia L: AOSPA, Phantom Kernel
Moto E: Stock, Phantom Kernel
Asus Nexus 7: Rastakat, franco kernel
Xiaomi Mi3: Stock

Facebook Community of Motorola Moto E: Motorola Moto E : Development and Discussion

 
ZN6
Old
#19  
ZN6's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,294
Posts: 980
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivam Kuchhal View Post
I need bit of your help here bro.
I'm using this method and I can see my files under sdcard0/0 but the problem is that I copied some data under Android/obb folder for paying a game. After I went to sdcard0 through es file explorer shortcuts, I failed to delete obb folder but when I went to sdcard0 by navigating to mnt/media_rw/sdcard0/0. It deleted successfully. Is there any reason? The game for which I copied the data for also kept force closing. Also when I type those commands that you gave for moving data, they keep giving me errors like TWRP isn't empty and no such file or directory.
I already stated on how to mount obb directory correctly in TZ kernel thread. Take a look at this post.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=724

Sent from my Xperia SP using Tapatalk 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrienoch View Post
Use the thanks button. Use it every time you get an answer,
even if it's one you don't like, you ungrateful b****!

Current Devices:
HTC One (M7)


The Following User Says Thank You to ZN6 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes