16GB SanDisk Mobile Ultra 16GB Class 10 UHS Speed Class 1++

Navneet Suresh
Old
Thanks Meter 385
Default This isn't update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnk1 View Post
Hello
I received a new update from Sony today of 18.1MB.

I'm unable to install it due to being on custom kernel/root.

I am just curious if anyone else received it ?

The version number is same as my previous version 15.3A.0.26!

Attachments are for your reference.

UPDATE : I got my exam tomorrow so I will leave it here. I flashed new STOCK ROM and it showed update again via Sony PC companion and Update Centre. However, I am unable to carry forward with this update. I end up receiving an error via PC companion / Update Centre. I have now even formatted my internal memory but still its not helping. I will try to update you by Friday evening after my exam!

Also I have started to notice bugs/ crashes after I reflashed my STOCK rom. I think I will flash again with dump files to see it that helps (I skipped extra data this time in Flashtool)

I clearly understand the new update is 15.3.A.0.27 but I am still trying to figure out why I got this 18MB update which I am not able to flash. I will try to make an FTF file from SONY PC COMPANION UPDATE DUMP that I downloaded. IF that clears it out or brings any improvement, I will certainly update you all!

This is just a bug when you use custom kernel's happened to me when i reverted back to my kernel and it started to push updates i tried to update but it failed.
Conclusion revert to stock kernel or any other latest kernel or ignore the update

Device : ASUS Nexus 7 32GB

My Works on XDA

The Following User Says Thank You to Navneet Suresh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gede_p
Old
Thanks Meter 0
but I did not get the update, whether it's renewing the kernel?

Hnk1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navneet Suresh View Post

This is just a bug when you use custom kernel's happened to me when i reverted back to my kernel and it started to push updates i tried to update but it failed.
Conclusion revert to stock kernel or any other latest kernel or ignore the update
I am getting this update regardless of kernel and flashing FTF. Every time I flash a new FTF file (FTF made by me from my own phone with UK firmware), I always get the update again. However, it always fails with an error.

I think this is a bug as well. It's annoying to see an update on your phone and you have to force close update centre every time!
HIT THANKS IF I HELPED

DO YOU WANT A TUTORIAL/GUIDE THAT HAS BEEN NOT WRITTEN OR COULD BE EXPLAINED IN DETAILS PM ME AND I WILL BE HAPPY TO SHARE MY KNOWLEDGE

BUYING A NEW DEVICE. READ THIS GUIDE FIRST

CONTACT ME ON BBM

BBM PIN : 74620ff5
The Following User Says Thank You to Hnk1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Skivit
Old
(Last edited by Skivit; 20th December 2013 at 06:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 35
Hi,
I just got an update to 4.2.2 in Belguim, completely stock apart from being rooted, which apparently i have to redo, since all my root apps have been refused...

edit-camera,album,movies and walkman apps pdated too.
Sony Xperia L
stock 4.2.2
rooted

HTC Sensation
stock

HTC Desire (Bravo)
VJ CMX 5.3
4Ext Recovery

SmartQ K7 7" tablet
CWM Recovery
CMX

radomirek76
Old
Thanks Meter 14
OMG!!!
http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia.../467271/page/5
OK??
Xperia L (C2105) ROM (JB) Clean 'n' Tweaked, Kernel ThunderZap v3.1 overclocking 1.3GHz, BL Unlocked, Root, Power Toogles v2, Cyber-Shot v2
Xperia J, Xperia Pro, Omnia 2 2x, Nokia E61, N73, 6600

frothe3
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I got this update weeks ago here in the US. Only firmware updates for Album and Walkman apps.

Sent from my C2104 using xda app-developers app